PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me swap my engine

amit
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
In the mr2. Just a bad 5sfe to a new 5sfe. Nothing crazy. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours really.

I don't know if I'm aloud to do this in the networking forum but this is without a doubt a paid job. Plus food...and drinks...

I have a decent workspace, you can work anytime during the day or night, the neighbors don't care. I already have an engine hoist and 4 jackstands. There is electricity at my garage so you could bring power tools and the such. Also, when I say "help me", I mean you do the swap while I run to wawa for food
:mrgreen:

KingOfDelco
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
In the mr2. Just a bad 5sfe to a new 5sfe. Nothing crazy. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours really.

I don't know if I'm aloud to do this in the networking forum but this is without a doubt a paid job. Plus food...and drinks...

I have a decent workspace, you can work anytime during the day or night, the neighbors don't care. I already have an engine hoist and 4 jackstands. There is electricity at my garage so you could bring power tools and the such. Also, when I say "help me", I mean you do the swap while I run to wawa for food
:mrgreen:

dude! y not a 3sgte??? Thats hardly "crazy". since u need to swap the motor anyway... you would increase the value of the car a LOT.

plus, you could keep the 5s head and mate it up to the 3sgte (or is it the other way around, idk, either way) and get the 2.2L 3s.

lol at your explanation of help... what, u don't want to get your hands dirty? haha, j/k. good luck.

i'd help if i had time. always loved 1991+ MR2s

amit
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I am building a reliable gas saving daily driver. A 3sgte wouldn't fit the bill. Eventually though...

I'd love to have time to do this swap. If I had a skilled person helping out and a totally free day, we could get this done asap, not worried about getting my hands dirty at all, I'm just really busy all the time. Honestly, I won't even be there to watch over who ever is doing the swap...so they need to be trust worthy haha.

KingOfDelco
08-13-2008, 10:12 PM
a built 3sgte would be just as, if not more reliable (those motors are really nice) and get similar gas mileage, maybe 5-7 mpgs less in city driving.

imo, you want a gas friendly DD, get a stock civic. you HAVE a great platform to build a triple threat (DD/drag/autox/roadcourse) car... just needs a better motor. I'm saying you will wish you did the 3s.

and good luck finding someone to do that swap on those conditions. i'm sure you'll get some bored mechanic somewhere. :)

DPancoast
08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
you can boost a stock 5S motor to 8-10 PSI daily with the right kit and run a reliable 200whp daily driven....... the block is stronger and it obviously has a better displacement.

dturbocivic
08-14-2008, 07:37 AM
PM sent

Vr-4-Life
08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
i have a COMPLETE 3s-gte motor with everything.. its in a totaled car and i can even start the car... it has about 60k on it.. offers?