PDA

View Full Version : really interested !!!!!!!

caldwell
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
hey everone who reads this lol

my 2nd car ( 89 supra turbo ) - the turbo just blew up the other day and im really thinking about goin to my local ford dealership hoping to find a used

97 - 2000 5spd V8 mustang

whats the general specs on these cars I.E

stock WHP - ?

MPG - ?

how high can the mileage go on these cars ( average )

Can these cars be easily modified ? lol

im looking for something that i can get an easy 325 350 WHP out of and is loud - cause who doesnt like a roaring pony lol

i want a car for a DD but also would like to go goof around on the track once in a while with my family

bmatyeah
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
hey everone who reads this lol

my 2nd car ( 89 supra turbo ) - the turbo just blew up the other day and im really thinking about goin to my local ford dealership hoping to find a used

97 - 2000 5spd V8 mustang

whats the general specs on these cars I.E

stock WHP - ?

MPG - ?

how high can the mileage go on these cars ( average )

Can these cars be easily modified ? lol

im looking for something that i can get an easy 325 350 WHP out of and is loud - cause who doesnt like a roaring pony lol

i want a car for a DD but also would like to go goof around on the track once in a while with my family

Go 99-04 its nicer. A bit more digital and sharper edges (new edge)

stock WHP - 300 for a 99-04 only like 225 for a 97-98 there is enough reason to go for the new edge.

MPG - eh. ****ty.

how high can the mileage go on these cars not sure. depends on how good its taken care of. Alot of parts available.

Can these cars be easily modified ? . Anywhere from simple tuners to total rebuilds. americanmuscle.com (http://www.americanmuscle.com) is one of the many parts places. One dude on this board writes tunes for there. There are many companies like steeda/upr ect. that are based around making mustang parts only. well steeda does some more now.

haha if you get a 99-04 gt and intake/exhaust/ and tune you should be close to what your looking for.. And rear gears would help too, and they fit wide ass wheels.

96Stang
08-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I have a 98 Gt for sale...PM me if you want details!

sorry to thread jack but these cars are good, reliable, and really not bad on mpgs compared to alot of other things out there. easily modded to make good power, just need to go with the right mods. my idea was not to get 300 whp so i didnt do the things you might do. gears are the way to go from what i have heard from EVERY other mustang guy

05 mazda6s
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
stock WHP - 300 for a 99-04 only like 225 for a 97-98 there is enough reason to go for the new edge.

Can these cars be easily modified ? . Anywhere from simple tuners to total rebuilds. americanmuscle.com (http://www.americanmuscle.com) is one of the many parts places. One dude on this board writes tunes for there. There are many companies like steeda/upr ect. that are based around making mustang parts only. well steeda does some more now.

haha if you get a 99-04 gt and intake/exhaust/ and tune you should be close to what your looking for.. And rear gears would help too, and they fit wide ass wheels.

A 99-04 mustang gt has about 220 whp and that's with a manual tranny. The 94-98 gts have 225 to the crank stock. The mpg is about 18/26

These cars are one of the easiest to modify and have a lot of room to play with, with even more potential out of a 4v 4.6 (cobra, mach 1)

The most common mods on mustangs is intake, exhaust, pulleys, tune, gears. Gears are the biggest bang for the buck since they came out so high in the factory, especially in 94-98. It would really open up if gears were put in.

Scorpion1
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
DD? Get a V6, drop $2800 on an M112 Supercharger kit, itll put you to about 286whp and keep decent fuel economy and still be fun. On avg I can pop off 30mpg with no issues on my high mileage block. Oh and btw the supercharger package doesnt require any mods shy of a tune, and since the V6 isnt "desired" as much as the GT's their dirt cheap for what they are. Most GT stuff will bolt right up as far as drivetrain and turbo/supercharger kits. Just 2 less cylinders to feed fuel to. Youll pay less for insurance as well. I paid 6k for mine but I payed more than I should have because I just wanted the deal done with. :-P
www.mustangevolution.com

sean3
08-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Only way you'll get 325-350whp is with FI. The "new edge" 99-04s make about 260-270whp with full boltons. With aggressive cams and a good tune you might be lucky to see 300whp depending on the dyno. The mod motors last 100k+ miles easy and the cars are easy to mod. **** it's a mustang with a ford modular v8, parts are all over.

The ride quality isn't all that great due to the solid rear end, handling is sub par, the interior is lackluster, gas mileage is not all that spectacular, and at the end of the day it's still a car based on a a platform designed back in 1979. On the plus side it's a VERY good platform to build on and the exhaust note is second to none. Go test drive one, you might get hooked :drag:

05GT
08-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I'll take you for a ride, then you can decide lol. And yeah, exhaust...mmmm....if your ears don't hurt from driving with me haha.