PDA

View Full Version : Dover De drift event anyone?

Slappy
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM
If you are serious about wanting a drift event at the Dover Downs Raceway parking area with cost relative to other events (around $40-$100) , please post here. This is not another lame attempt , this is legit as it gets with serious contacts. I just need a initial list of drifters that want an event in Dover so i can get this thing rolling.

No need to ask questions or flame like a tool , just simply say your interested and promise you'll atleats show up.

Slappy
08-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Thanks Will!!

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1000878#post1000878

JTunedMotorsports
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
hell yea....esp if i have my car done..

jdmwill
08-06-2008, 11:04 AM
slappy for you, i'll catch a bullet. hold up i almost did already.lol tom you could most definitely count me in brother. i'm pretty sure all of the DN members will show face.

copied and pastesd yo.

Slappy
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the support guys!!!!

DJ919
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Our rides are not drift dialed, but hey if this comes together, we'll definitely be there for support!

Slappy
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks a ton!!

Reckless13
08-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I would support it!

Slappy
08-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks Gerry!

tallhamer88
08-09-2008, 12:16 AM
i come down and check out it, it would really interesting to watch. exspecially since i live close to there lol

Slappy
08-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Word up^

omgjacki
08-09-2008, 05:46 PM
I'd love to come!

sobigsofly
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
ill be there

240_fun
08-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I would love to come and watch!

amit
08-10-2008, 12:54 PM
hell yea....esp if i have my car done..

Right on.

double especially if noobs who know nothing about driving a car nonetheless drifting, are welcome....and when they have the completely wrong drivetrain setup for it.

Slappy
08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey guys , thanks so much for the support!!!

Come on people! We need more replies from people that wanna drift!!

Parking area were we're trying to get the event held - The Montster Mile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg2.jpg

Lot 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg.jpg

Lot 2 (to small)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/slappythehomelessclown/Doverdriftjpg7.jpg

Slappy
08-12-2008, 03:14 PM
This event is now on FaceBook , thanks to Brian Kruelle from poweroveronline.com. Search : Dover Delaware Drift Event

tallhamer88
08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
come on guys. i kno i wont drift a sol haha.. But i would love to watch. Nice Pix slappy.

Slappy
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks man!^

boske
08-13-2008, 03:22 AM
I would be interested for sure, but my car probably won't hit the road for a while. My ka-t project is basically a pile of parts :(

91_Hatchy
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
when do you plan on having the event? id be interested if i can get a car ready by then

thefro526
08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Name a time and a date and I'll get my butt down there. Those parking lots are pristine and there's no poles :mrgreen:

caldwell
08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
when is this event happening ? - my CUZ drifts for BRAILLE AUTO and would prob be able to make it - depending on the day of course

PM me the info and i will spread the word

SikneSS
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
i'd be down to come out and watch ya'll do your thing.

Slappy
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I would be interested for sure, but my car probably won't hit the road for a while. My ka-t project is basically a pile of parts :(

Do work!

when do you plan on having the event? id be interested if i can get a car ready by then

You'll know when i know

Name a time and a date and I'll get my butt down there. Those parking lots are pristine and there's no poles :mrgreen:

Word up!

when is this event happening ? - my CUZ drifts for BRAILLE AUTO and would prob be able to make it - depending on the day of course

PM me the info and i will spread the word

All the info is on this thread

i'd be down to come out and watch ya'll do your thing.

Nice!

Hello all ,

My 1st job in this was to post on as many forums as i could , wich came out to be 18 of them. They wanted my to get a general idea of how many people would actually want to drive and or help support this event if it were to happen.

My 2nd job was to wait atleast a week and a half and compile everyones post into a Word document and email it to my source. Wish me luck guys!!

Update , list sent....Now its in the hands of the higher ups.

From Lookoutdrift.com

Brian W. - "i think it would be good for Marylanders. I personally can only afford about 2 or maybe 3 more events this year and those are already picked out. any pics of the lot or grounds?"

BorrowedS13 - "close events are always good. i'd like to try and make it."

RapperDan314 - "that first lot seems huge!!!!!"

dorift maestro - "I am in when its official"

Eugene - "count me in too !!! That first lot looks 3rd gear possible !!!"

From Clubloose.com

Jimmylegs - "I'm There!!"

miro - "I'm interested but depends on the date and time"

Turborico1979 - "make it a Sunday please"

Toycoma - "are the 40 dollar events in a parking lot??? more details. If it is like 40 bucks and on a sunday from say 10 am to 4pm then I would be interested since I can't get off from work right now to do week day events"

nn - "I'll go"

RACERPAGE - "in!"

drift240 - "Definitely in for this"

ec drift:ditch - "yea lil old delaware....ill be there"

Justin - "already told you im in on the 240sxforums, hope this goes down this time"

FiveStarSDRifter - "im going if the date and time is rite for me"

Kareem_S13 - "i'm down for it too if its in good timing."

maxlmus347 - "like you even had to ask me..... im in"

sobigsofly - "im down for this one too "

FiveStarSDRifter - "holy clean pavement caint wait to tear that pavement up!"

Black240ct - "id deff try to make it down for that. would it be an all day kinda thing?

the pavement looks so good"

sae - "in when its official"

Justin - "that is some nice pavement. Very excited about this"

From driftinginsider.com (my site)

EC DITCH - "ME,MARK,JUSTIN,WADE,CARLOS,JAKE,TODD, AND ABOUT 7 MORE PEOPLE. OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!....we need to get closer mMDpeople. does spectators count?"

cervasa - "im in and im shure some other dover people would be to but i havnt heard back from any of them"

Lawn Dart - "Sure, i'd be there"

J-Drift - "I'm game and you know it. I could Get Alex, Billy this Kid josh, Matt james. I'm sure they would all be down"

chadsblackhatch - "im there"

revolvedspecv05 - "there . with or without the whip"

EC DITCH - "god i hope this happens...cant wait to be driftin and see that big monster while im sideways"

From 240sxforums.com

toadx8u - "hell ill even show up for this with some spare tires"

TrIcKd 240 - Defantly...Im in just give me a day. An if it does happen, I can have around 10 spectators with out a doubt. I can also account for my friend Nick with his 240. He is def in too"

From midatlantic240sx.com

atlspeed - "i will be more than willing to participate" "yeeeeesssss.......its perfect!"

From Drift411.com

DriftDuck - "holy jeebus. ok, put me down as a maybe. if I have enough time to plan ahead I might come. but its a big stretch. only reason I say maybe, though, is because thats a damn big lot. I would have to co-ordinate it with a road trip back home."

From mdstreetscene.com

DMiller - "Im interested, whats an estimated date that this could happen? (engine is out of car, suspension needs to be re-aligned and all that jazz, diff needs teh lockage blah) If its super soon I cant guarantee id make it but maybe very end of this month or beginning of next I'm down"

swapinthedark - "I'm very interested. I was trying to ease out of doing any more events for the rest of the season, but I love trying out new spots. Keep me posted. I WILL do one of these to see what the layout is"

Kingofnod - "I would def be interested. The more events, the better!"

energy0uth - "ok...yes indeed awesome , must learn more"

jayman089 - "Slappy is the man lol....im in alignment and im ready to go!"

discosteak - "im definitely interested"

DrPhil - "want in..!!"

From poweroveronline.com

importdemon5 - "Sweet i'll deff. come on down to the event, its about time that there is one closer than 2 hours away, haha. I got some other boys that are into driftin that have cars that would be able to drift in. I know a good deal of other people that would come on down to support the even also. Keep us updated on what happens with the even too"

"My dad is friends with the owner of Grotto Pizza. If you write something up to convince him to sponsor the event or have a certain part in the event to get more people to it I could deff. let him know and see what he says. It's a new up and coming sport and it's getting bigger and bigger so I think he might be alright with the idea. Let me know what you think"

"I also just set up a facebook group called Dover Delaware Drift Event. If you have a facebook account join the group. Slappy, if you have a facebook account sign up and I'll put you up as an administrator. Just another means of getting more people to find out about this even and want to see it happen."

snowskateskim21 - "Yea i joined both the facebook and myspace groups and i invited all of my friends...we will have to see what the outcome is. Hopefully it will be positive!"

importdemon5 - "Slappy, let me know if you still want to get grottos to do some sort of sponsorship thing if you and your buddies can get it going. What I think would help in getting Dover Downs to let you do the event there or get some sort of sponsors is to make like a 5 min. DVD of what drifting is and how it has grown from a Japanese sport to an American way of living and how there are so many spectators it is ranging close to NASCAR. Have like scenes of cars drifting and then have amateur drifters and pro drifters; Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin JR, Samuel Hubinette and anyone else that you may be able to get to speak on the DVD about drifting and how it would be a good idea to have an event at the Dover Downs speedway. I think that this would definitely yield some interest from Dover Downs if you get some pros in there speaking and a few amateur drifters speaking and how this can help get drifting off the street and have a competition/practice close to home"

From tristatetuners.com

JtunedMotorsports - "hell yea....esp if i have my car done.."

jdmwill - "slappy for you, i'll catch a bullet. hold up i almost did already.lol tom you could most definitely count me in brother. i'm pretty sure all of the DN members will show face."

Reckless13 - "I would support it!"

omgjacki - "I'd love to come!"

sobigsofly - "ill be there"

From zilvia.net

rps13drift - "make it happen dude!"

sleepinsilvia23 - "Are we talking like a CL setup type thing? If so id be interested"

carnagexxxx - "Understanding that you are looking to see who is interested, I was wondering what the projected dates you were looking to start this up? Depending on what dates I would be interested along with a buddy of mine"

From silviav8forums.com

chitodsr - "I'd be down. Just have to fit it into the schedule" Looks sick! I haven't been to Dover in a couple of years. When do you think this will happen?"

ranger2339 - "I hear ya bro. more track time is always good.. Good luck with the event..Josh"

From sumospeed.com

WishIHadaSilvia - "It just as far away as VIR...I'd be down to caravan up there. That is some smooth ass pavement, it wont eat tires as quick as Pungo does. I think it would be sweet to get the RVA guys in on it too and literally caravan up there. However, I can't do anything like this until I get another job! It would have to be really cheap as well, because you can do VIR for 75 usually and that is a track. Pungo costs more I know but I live like 20 mins from there. Like I said though I would be willing to go out there to support it."

From Nicoclub.com

taras240 - "im there"

3down1togo - "nice parking lot... if my car doesnt break this sat and i have money for tires SURE why not...BTW how far is it from philly?"

xC4RNAG3x - "oh **** , i used to live 5 minutes away from dover track i dont know i might be, not def thing yet but ill get back to you on that"

thefro526 - "I'd be down. I'm assuming this would be a cone course with very little stuff to hit"

From delawarestreetracing.com

SuperFocus - "I'm down, plus its right down the road from me!"

Mav - "watching those professional drift events is actually pretty entertaining. i went to 2 formula drift events this summer for the first time and had a good time at both. if you guys do something i'll come down and watch"

2002WS6 - "when is this happening?"

crzyamazing - "Hey im Elise, im new and i also want to know when this is going to be too .sounds good hope its soon"

nitroracer
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm interested in the event too. I have a drift-able miata and four extra wheels and tires to burn but little to no experience, any room for newbs? If not I'm still down for watching.

Slappy
08-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Events are and always will be about helping novice drivers. There are events going on every summer in English Town NJ. Check out www.clubloose.com

Slappy
08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Update : Progress to get this event going will resume in October. Please be patient and continue to support! Thank you.

Kouki
09-15-2008, 11:06 PM
SUPPORT! lol
sorry, just showing it.

GHost240SX
09-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm there

DJ919
09-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Not trying to throw things off course, but do you think you could "possibly" get a better number by mixing things up over that of just running Drift? ... Small time attack , or Gymkhana race...You'd probably get bigger numbers and a mix of rides. The AWD, and FWD enthusiasts would more than likely be pulled in for the Time Attack, or GymKhana.

Slappy
09-25-2008, 02:46 PM
SUPPORT! lol
sorry, just showing it.

Rayn , you are so dumb..lol.

I'm there

Thanks!

Not trying to throw things off course, but do you think you could "possibly" get a better number by mixing things up over that of just running Drift? ... Small time attack , or Gymkhana race...You'd probably get bigger numbers and a mix of rides. The AWD, and FWD enthusiasts would more than likely be pulled in for the Time Attack, or GymKhana.

I see what your saying , i myself do more than just drifting , i have an open track day im attending next month. I will mention your request to the higher ups.

DJ919
10-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah man, it would be a first here in Del, and there's no question that it would draw big from the Quad state areas (Del, Jersey, PA, and MD)...I'd go as far at to say the New Yorkers would add a 5th element to a mixed motorsports event like this. :)

KingpinCEO
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm close to dover... i'd be alot more willing for 40-50 bucks though... maybe 60.

all i have to do is change some numbers in the SDS, and swap my tires!

Slappy
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Testing went smoothly.

importfan21
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Count me in.

Reckless13
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Testing went smoothly.

Cool Tom. Any pic's?

Slappy
12-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Nah , that would reveal whos involved and i cannot do that right now. Sorry Gerry.

Count me in.

Thank you!

Nater
12-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Ill support cant drift but **** it ill go

Slappy
12-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Right on^

KingpinCEO
12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Ill support cant drift but **** it ill go

I dont have any experience drifting either, but I love going sideways around corners, and doing donuts at my job's parkinglot at night was always good fun.

:lol::lol:

Nater
01-25-2009, 10:26 PM
lol i like doing donuts in the snow and rain its fun too

Slappy
03-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Still in progress. There should be a major announcement come this April.

lyricalmind24
03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
im not a drifter but i'll def show up to see this!!

Slappy
03-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Word up!

lyricalmind24
03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
got any dates yet?!

Slappy
04-24-2009, 01:40 AM
I sent an email a few days ago to the guy in charge of this now, no reply yet.

Nater
04-24-2009, 01:41 AM
cool keep me updated

Bush03z
04-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah im a noob on this forum, especially to drifting, just got stationed up here at Dover AFB, from Mississippi! I'd definatly show up, don't know about me actually drifting? Maybe if i could find some old tires, i could make a fool out of myself! LOL, but i'm definatly down to support this!!!!!!!

importfan21
04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah im a noob on this forum, especially to drifting, just got stationed up here at Dover AFB, from Mississippi! I'd definatly show up, don't know about me actually drifting? Maybe if i could find some old tires, i could make a fool out of myself! LOL, but i'm definatly down to support this!!!!!!!

What size tires do you run? I have extra 205/50/17s laying around

Bush03z
04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
What size tires do you run? I have extra 205/50/17s laying around

Right now im running 275/40/18 in the rear, i do have my stock rims still, maybe i'll throw some sh*ty tires on my stocks and run those?

importfan21
04-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Right now im running 275/40/18 in the rear, i do have my stock rims still, maybe i'll throw some sh*ty tires on my stocks and run those?

That's what most people do. If you happen to do that and 205s will fit, I'll sell 'em to you for $50. Less than 5k miles on them, but that wouldn't matter if you plan on tearing them up. :drag:

Bush03z
04-24-2009, 08:36 PM
That's what most people do. If you happen to do that and 205s will fit, I'll sell 'em to you for $50. Less than 5k miles on them, but that wouldn't matter if you plan on tearing them up. :drag:

Yeah thats true, how bad does drifting tear up the car itself? Mainly the tranny, i know 03z have notchy trannys already, don't feel like f***in up my daily driver!?

importfan21
04-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah thats true, how bad does drifting tear up the car itself? Mainly the tranny, i know 03z have notchy trannys already, don't feel like f***in up my daily driver!?

I drift my DD and it's an auto (yeah, go ahead, laugh it up fuzzball). Doesn't do that much wear and tear as long as you know your car's limits.

Slappy
06-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, final word on Dover Drift is that its not happening. "We" tried. Sorry.

Lock thread!