PDA

View Full Version : Issues with overheating...please help...

lownslow95
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I drive a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT with a 3.0 v6. I bought the car two years ago, no issues. Now, two years later, and just recently, the engine starts over heating. I replaced the thremostat & gasket (180 degree) and replaced the coolant. Now today, after work, I check the coolant level, and every thing is fine. I drive home with both windows down, and the a/c off, because it doesn't work very well. I'm guess the water pump has gone bad, but I want to here what others might think, or know some one who has had similar issues with the same truck/motor.

05OCsrt-4
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
make sure your fan works, if thats not the case, the impellar on the waterpump could be rusting away or somehow got bent, saw both of those situations, and i'm not calling you dumb by asking this, but did you put the thermostat in the right way? or it could be stuck closed or clogged

lownslow95
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I put it in the right way. I just took the old one out, and put the new one in the same way, which was with the spring towards the bottom. I also used gasket sealer so coolant wouldn't leak out, so I know that's not the issue. I looked at the water pump, and I'm not that mechanicly inclined to replace that, so I'm going to look to find some one who is capible of doing it.

DropTopChevy
08-03-2008, 05:16 AM
I think I know your problem Eric. It should be right around the center of the grill.
Wait I got a zoomed in picture.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a0/Ford_Motor_Company_Logo.svg.png

lownslow95
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I think I know your problem Eric. It should be right around the center of the grill.
Wait I got a zoomed in picture.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a0/Ford_Motor_Company_Logo.svg.png

I dont need people in here to be a smart ass, so if you don't have any usefull info...DON'T POST.:mrgreen::banned:

DropTopChevy
08-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I dont need people in here to be a smart ass, so if you don't have any usefull info...DON'T POST.:mrgreen::banned:

Just messing with you for calling me back last night.:lol:

lownslow95
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Just messing with you for calling me back last night.:lol:

Last night was a damn good nite, but there is another thread for that. :partyman:

driftingrx5.7
08-03-2008, 04:08 PM
ok this might sound crazy but i did this to check on a water pump and it seems to work good for me as a trick. when your car is cool open your rad cap. start your motor and let the car get to normal temp. have someone on the inside of the car if you can't get the TB to pull the cable yourself. when you pull the cable or have a friend step on the gas watch the water and see if you have movement. if you don't see any movment put a little water in the rad while you or someone is pull the gas and see if the water splashes out of the rad. if not then the water pump is gone. if you have movement then it time to look at the fan or fan relay, o and have used this trick on a 92 civic 94 teg 95 lt1 87 rx7 90 q45 ;) might want to try it. out of all the cars i did it on only the lt1 (go figure) had a bad water pump

lownslow95
08-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Ok, I feel like such an idiot. I take my car to my mechanic and tell him what was wrong with my car. I get a phone call saying that it was just the actual guage in the guage cluster. So I just had him replace it, and now I feel like an idiot, but now its fine. Plus, I am now 30,000 miles less on my odometer. :mrgreen: