PDA

View Full Version : OK not AWD but still fun in the snow.. MINI Cooper S

Pocket_Rocket
03-07-2005, 03:29 PM
A few friends got together for breakfast about a month ago and then went out for some fun in a parking lot. Its a big ole file. Best to right click and save as then delete.

E-brake = :thumbup:

http://home.comcast.net/~fantus/sledmovies/CC2MINISKIING.mov

TROLL
03-07-2005, 05:03 PM
wow thats cool, i really didnt know fwd could rotate like that.
bryan

teh DIRT
03-07-2005, 07:44 PM
yeah that thing rotated uber good. i guess its small length helps it spin like a top

naSTI
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Any (small and light helps) FWD car can perform tray-sliding sized spins with a well placed e-brake, as Pocket_Rocket said. That's a great little car. It must be so fun to drive.

./Da Bomber

SmokeyBandit
03-07-2005, 11:05 PM
yeah that thing rotated uber good. i guess its small length helps it spin like a top

e-brake

You can see it in the rear wheels

MuddyREX
03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I love Mini's. Only problem when I drove one was that my feet were too big for the pedals. I kept hitting the back of the brake when I let off the gas. Really annoying, but for the short drive I had it seemed pretty fun.

teh DIRT
03-08-2005, 01:43 AM

e-brake

You can see it in the rear wheels

yeah i saw that. but it wasnt like he had the ebrake up the entire time. he used it to initiate the spin then the front wheels did the rest.

+1 to front wheel drive. so thats -10+1=-9.....its getting there

wrx_snobordr
03-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Thats excellent. Minis rule!!

Pocket_Rocket
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.. It is pretty fun for a fwd car. Much less plow then many fwd cars I have driven and easy to modulate.

Ja... it says e-brake in my post.. There was no attempt to mislead anyone. There is no way it would do that otherwise.. Just using what I had avail to have some fun.

Craig

gtsiawd96
03-09-2005, 01:14 PM
the other day atco there was a turbo+sc mini cooper.. I didn't get to talk to the owner though..

teh DIRT
03-09-2005, 01:15 PM
there was a S/C mini there when i went....that thing was sick

Pocket_Rocket
03-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I have driven it.. its silver with black wheels.. if he was running his normal wheels... It is an absolutely amazing little beast. It belongs to Mark at Psi-Fi motorsport. Its pushing 260 something to the wheels right now and has water injection. The car is amazing! I am waiting to see how the little 1.6 litre holds up before considering this route..

Just for clarification though... it was not just supercharged.. it is called the turbokompressor setup. All MINI Cooper S models are supercharged from the factory. They added a GT28-RS <Disco Potato> to it and are running the whole setup on the stock Cooper S intercooler.

TrboChicsRock
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I have driven it.. its silver with black wheels.. if he was running his normal wheels... It is an absolutely amazing little beast. It belongs to Mark at Psi-Fi motorsport. Its pushing 260 something to the wheels right now and has water injection. The car is amazing! I am waiting to see how the little 1.6 litre holds up before considering this route..

Just for clarification though... it was not just supercharged.. it is called the turbokompressor setup. All MINI Cooper S models are supercharged from the factory. They added a GT28-RS <Disco Potato> to it and are running the whole setup on the stock Cooper S intercooler.

:D

gtsiawd96
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM

Yup that was it.. He had slicks. I saw when he put one on though it was flat so i think he ran street tires.

Pocket_Rocket
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Yup that was it.. He had slicks. I saw when he put one on though it was flat so i think he ran street tires.

Do you by chance recall what he ran? Best he could get due to traction problems was 13.6 previously.

Also, when do most folks from here go to Atco?

gtsiawd96
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
he did something in the low-mid 13's.

Usually Fri. are a pretty good day for atco. Thats when i go

Pocket_Rocket
03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
I am going to start going on Fridays.. I pulled a whopping 14.5 in the MINI last fall and getting some work done tomorrow that should improve this. Hopefully I will see dollars well spent.

Going from 15% reduction pulley on the blower to a 19% with injectors and a reprogram.

We need window clings or something so we know others from this forum.

Craig