PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp....No start issue

sileddie
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Ok so here's the deal....About a month ago I went on vacation I get back and the car won't start....It was sitting in the garage I rent with a few friends of mine.....One of them drove it home one night and the next morning it wouldn't start....That's the story.. Anyway before I went on vacation the car ran perfect.. You turn the key to start the engine and all you hear is a click (solenoid kicking over on starter)....The car can be pop started no problem...So I figured the starter was bad and went and got a new starter...This is on an sr by the way...I swapped the starter over and same issue...I checked the wiring at the ignition switch ok checked from there to the starter ok...Checked the power wire going to the starter ok...The only thing I have left is to replace power wire to starter just in case (want a kill switch anyway) and check grounds...If you have any other ideas let me know...

Ace
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Check power to the starter, and or battery voltage.

Thats about all that keeps it from clicking over, or the little plug on signal wire on the starter itself fell off again.