PDA

View Full Version : Road Course At Raceway Park

Adam496
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Anybody have any idea on the completion date? Raceway's site says it will be done soon but it has not been updated in a while. I want to road course my TANK before the winter. :lol:

j.reed
10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't count on this session.

smoger
10-02-2005, 08:06 PM
wow the website said it was almost done last year too

TROLL
10-02-2005, 09:03 PM
yeah i dont think the status on that has changed in 2 summers. i know they had some safety issues with the design of the track that needed to be addressed, but they have had more than enough time to take care of that so something else is afoot.
bryan

Gdog5752
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I heard you have to have a roll cage to run there anyway. Has anyone heard the same. The site really doesn't give you any info that's for sure.

poolmike
10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Raceway Park is running into all kinds of problems with its newer neighbors. A lot of surrounding properties have been sold to morons that are trying to shut the track down. All they do is complain :furious: about the noise from the track. All I have to ask these people is ' why did you build there?' :roll:

ho1ywars
10-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Raceway Park is running into all kinds of problems with its newer neighbors. A lot of surrounding properties have been sold to morons that are trying to shut the track down. All they do is complain :furious: about the noise from the track. All I have to ask these people is ' why did you build there?' :roll:

they are quick to complain when we street race to. more tracks should be built, regardless of the noise. i bet it would cut the number of street racers down. the nearest track for me is an hour away.. **** that. they just closed a GM plant here in ewing, but wont open a track because of noise. bunch of ****ing bull****.

FeeJ
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
How did I miss this thread???

Im 4 miles from the track if I go the long way, so my I always hear the news when friends and family come back from town meetings. E-town messed stuff up in planning so theyre having a very hard time getting it approved and open.

The biggest complaint about noise isnt really the level, e-town has their limits and theyre decent about em, but its more about their curfews. they MUST be done racing by a certain time so people can go to bed and wake up in the morning. But englishtown has a tendancy of letting the racing finish well after the curfew, not saying its an everytime occurence but it happens.

Not everyone that complains is a econo box driving tree hugging hippy either, someone i work with on my car all the time lives really close and is more concerned with the time like I said, and he owns and daily drives a few nice cars.

Me I live pretty close, not enough to be distrubed by late night racing, but trust me I hear the summer nationals loud and clear when im inside with the TV on.

The park just needs some better management so they can follow the noise laws and get the road course open, and not screw over the drifters on rain days lol

and to answer the original question, dont hold your breath on the course being open for a long while

Adam496
10-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks, i guess i wont get my hopes up too much. Unless i want to go to raush creek it looks like i wont be road coursing it.

bahnstormer
10-16-2005, 11:11 PM
mazda's zoomzoom live event in nov is at etown
i hope they use the track and not a stupid autox in the
dumb parking lot - if they do i'm gonna hit a light pole
heheeheh jp

but from what i heard, again more rumors, is the track is a
kart track only?

smoger
10-17-2005, 07:49 AM
there would be waaaay too much liability to let joe schmo out on a road course in a brand new car.

bahnstormer
10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
there would be waaaay too much liability to let joe schmo out on a road course in a brand new car.

yah but joe schmo aint gonna run the car hard...
but what it seems to be is now

instructor in rx8 and u on teh track and then
you solo on the autox course parking lot

smoger
10-17-2005, 08:24 AM
but the track isnt even open.. ??