PDA

View Full Version : SPEC B arrival in OCT!

millersubaru
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Its official I have 2 Spec B's coming in around October for everyone to look at. Both are Titanium Silver. Most of you should know I am not a sales person I just spread the good news at Miller, even though sometimes it may be last minute!

Jay

JoeScooby
09-30-2005, 01:29 AM
I cant find any info on the Spec B... Im assuming your talking about the legacy GT Spec B?

The new Subaru Legacy GT Spec B is powered by a 276-hp single twin-scroll turbocharged and intercooled 2.0-liter flat-four. No, it's not yet sold in America, but we hear it will be in 2005

The GT Spec B receives a more aggressive front bumper than the standard Legacy and significant aerocladding underneath. Inside, a driver-oriented c0ckpit features a small, sporty airbag-equipped three-spoke MOMO steering wheel similar to the new WRX STi. Both 4AT and 5AT sport models are blessed with tiptronic-style upshift/downshift buttons on the steering wheel.

S4toSTI
09-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Cool, but whats cooler is A a dealer is on tst and B miller has a esx car.

FeeJ
09-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Yeah I love the anonimity of the informant. Tell us when Petter is coming back too

sur4die
09-30-2005, 09:15 AM
the US spec B does not have the 276HP twin scroll 2.0L japanese engine. it has the same engine as the US GT.

the US spec B is an appearance and suspension package.

JoeScooby
09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
The all-wheel-drive car is equipped with a 2.5-liter, intercooled, turbo Boxer engine that produces 250 horsepower and 250 pounds-feet of torque. It is mated to a five-speed manual transmission.

The U.S. model comes in an exclusive titanium-silver metallic exterior paint. The spec.B has side ground-effects moldings with chrome trim; 18-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels; and low-profile performance tires. The car also comes with a Bilstein sport suspension.

In the cabin, the spec.B is outfitted with brick-red leather upholstery, aluminum-alloy pedal covers, a three-spoke Momo leather-wrapped steering wheel, spec.B floor mats and a numbered, limited-edition plaque. Other standard features include a new Subaru navigation system, upgraded audio with MP3 capability and side airbag curtains.

millersubaru
09-30-2005, 02:45 PM
If only we had the same products from Japan! Whats interesting is the fact that Subaru is in the process of making a turbo based Hybrid car. So hopefully when I am ready to get a new Subie it'll be out. As for the Legacy Spec-B, I am thrilled we are having it here. That also means we get 2 out of the 500 made. I'll be sure to test drive it and compare it to my 05 GT which is stick just in case you are wondering. I'll be sure to place all the feed back on here!!!

Jay

Silverfc88
10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm going to have to check them out when you get them in. Keep us posted!

BlackBulletTSi
10-03-2005, 10:47 PM
any pics?! this is an interesting car

ScoobyNubieToo!
10-04-2005, 06:48 AM
I saw the spec B at that SOA event that was in Eastampton a few weeks ago. I have the whole 3 page promo sheet SOA had out on the Spec B and there was nothing in there about a power increase. I have pics on my computer of the Spec B that'll I'll post 2nite if anyone interested. It was a rather uninteresting package to me. Very nice comfort/luxury upgrades though.

sur4die
10-04-2005, 10:40 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=106823

here is Edmund's article (w/ pics & vid)