PDA

View Full Version : Nother Newby PA Guy

KingOfDelco
06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi guys. I fit the mold of the "lurker". I know of some people on here, and have been checking out various threads for last few months.

Figured i'd officially join up. More of an enthusiast than someone whose actually going to the track and racing, money is really the primary factor in that.

Bought a scion tc with hopes of having a nice street car....only to realize that I didn't pick a good platform to start with. making do for now as a DD, already had the engine throw a rod and had to replace clutch assembly (eventhough the disc was fine) because of some funky noises.

So for now, I'm trying to decide what I want to do when I trade in the tc. MPGs have become a major concern for me, so i'm thinking of either grabbing a swapped civic/teggy and just having a nice reliably built b series motor for daily driving. Or perhaps a 240 swap, though not sure how practical a turbo rwd would be in winter/snow driving.

Anyway, just wanted to say whats up to everyone. talk to you all later.

Tigawoods
06-24-2008, 04:22 PM
welcome!

The Captain
06-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome to TST. I've been having the same want to get a nice civic hatch and throw an h22 in there.

youraveragedsmer
06-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Where in Pa you from? DO you go to any meets?

omgjacki
06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome to TST

WRX MAG
06-24-2008, 09:12 PM
welcome to tri-state

Gorilla Unit 33
06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
your not that kid from leedom are you? your username kinda defeats itself. Especially when it says king and you drive a basically stock TC, and theres plenty of other cars from delco that would....

welcome.

CleanNeon98
06-25-2008, 03:47 PM
your not that kid from leedom are you? your username kinda defeats itself. Especially when it says king and you drive a basically stock TC, and theres plenty of other cars from delco that would....

welcome.
Racersky will **** all over him haha

Welcome.

KingOfDelco
06-25-2008, 05:01 PM

welcome.

what the hell are u talking about? Please fill me in.

1. I'm 27 and a father... hardly a kid. :D kid at heart maybe....

2. Most tcs are "basically stock"....since they've only been out for 3-4 years. :D the "highly modded" ones are all 18 year old kids whose parents bought the car for them and they put all their allowance into mods.

3. Plenty of other cars from delco that would WHAT???

FYI- MY Last name is KING. :banana: and coincidentally, I am the coolest guy in delco.

KingOfDelco
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
You lose.

Gorilla Unit 33
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
got you confused with some dick up the street from me. dont worry about it...

OutlawzPrez
06-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome

KingOfDelco
06-25-2008, 07:57 PM
got you confused with some dick up the street from me. dont worry about it...

no problem. theres LOTS of dicks w/ tc's. I know only too well. One of the main reasons why I dislike my own car. :D

I'm just relieved, for a minute there I thought this was one of those forums where everyone gives the noob a hard time, and "my car is better than your because its more modded out".... hate that bs.

thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to some good discussions and such.

coleycole
06-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm just relieved, for a minute there I thought this was one of those forums where everyone gives the noob a hard time, and "my car is better than your because its more modded out".... hate that bs.

I gotta say compared to other forums I have been a part of and am a part of this is definately the best. Everyone seems to have respect for others rides even if it isn't their preference. And the activity is great as well which makes for good discussions.

Welcome BTW

KingOfDelco
06-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I gotta say compared to other forums I have been a part of and am a part of this is definately the best. Everyone seems to have respect for others rides even if it isn't their preference. And the activity is great as well which makes for good discussions.

Welcome BTW

I was thinking its maybe because we're all from the same general area, and have similar attitudes/personalities.

I've found, that on other forums, its always the guys from the midwest and bible-belt that get all buttsore and take stuff WAY too seriously. And of course, CAli dudes ALL think they are in the real life Fast N Furious documentary, and obviously know everything.

I've seen some nice rides on here already, i'm pretty impressed. I'm a big 240 fan (have been for years...like, before I even knew what an SR20 was :) and have seen lots of nice 13s and 14s on here. Hopefully I'll be able to snatch one up for not too much $$$ someday soon.

GmFwd
06-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Welcome BTW

Thats becasue everyone here knows each other and probly sees them in real life from time to time.

On other forums, people get quite confident and cocky behind their computer screen...

PhillySVT
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome:afro:

Munky
07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
no problem. theres LOTS of dicks w/ tc's. I know only too well. One of the main reasons why I dislike my own car. :D

LoL wait till you own a Honda.:supz::thumbup: So you wanna get rid of the TC for an older Honda Hatch cause of MPG?!?:bigeek: TC's get pretty good MPG from what I understand. My ex has one and she never complains.

Erik
07-04-2008, 01:29 AM
welcome! youll find a decent 240 through here. give it time and youll catch a deal.

sherwood
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
welcome to tst

JKrome
07-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Wuzzzzup... welcome to the most addicting forum on the interwebz :cyberguy:

05suby
07-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Welcome to TST dude. good luck with whatever car you choose to get on the trade.