PDA

View Full Version : Ideas For A Job, Need Suggestions.

TurboDSMJ
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello,

I currently hold a position as an Assistant Service Manager at a local shop, it is a big name corporation, but I will reserve the name of the facility.

I am 19, and I have very flexible hours, however, once school starts I would be forced to take both Tuesday and Thursday off. I am looking to see if anyone on here could recommend a place for me to forward my resume too. Although young, I do hold important responsibilities at my current position. Such as managing employees, controlling customer satisfaction, handling customer complaints, handling cash drawers, making weekly schedules, controlling shrink, etc. Nothing too crazy, but enough where I feel working at a job that requires responsibility would not be an issue. I am looking for something non-automotive related, preferably something that would allow me to dress casually and maybe include being at a desk. I wouldn't leave my current position unless the money was right, but I am tossing around the idea of making a life change, and becoming gainfully employed somewhere else.

So please, where would you apply at? I was thinking maybe an insurance company, credit company, etc. I would not be looking for something like a collection agency or anything like that.

-Matt.

The Captain
06-17-2008, 09:49 PM
What kind of educational background do you have? In college? Major? What is a ballpark /hr figure you'd want to get?

TurboDSMJ
06-17-2008, 11:29 PM
What kind of educational background do you have? In college? Major? What is a ballpark /hr figure you'd want to get?

I am entering into my Junior year at Neumann College as a Criminal Justice major, I currently hold a 3.6GPA, which isn't bad considering I typically do 50-55 hour work weeks while going to school full time. I don't particularly plan on getting a job within that field now, just something to support my car habits until I am out of school. Ballpark figure would be tough to determine. I would be able to survive on $13-$14/hr. Of course more is better, but that would be the lowest hourly wage I'd consider starting at.

TurboDSMJ
06-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow, nothing huh?

Whitekryptonit3
06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Apply as a personal banker at one of your local banks. Pay is usually $16.00 an hour plus commission. I persoanlly work for J.P Morgan Chase Bank.