PDA

View Full Version : i am having a problem and i have no clue what to look for!

driftingrx5.7
06-16-2008, 01:04 PM
OK if you don't know i have an lt1/t56. The problem keeps coming back and i have no clue what the hell it is. First i was told i had a batch of bad gas! so i burned it all out and i mean BURNT..lol i never got on the fc this hard before in my life! I let the temp get up to 210 and then beat on it. and the problem went away. I took the car out for a nice day out with the wife and i filled up with 93 from shell. drove fine the whole day. we went shopping had dinner went to a movie no problems.

Now its evening and its a lot cooler and then the motor started doing it again! Bucking and jerking like it wants to go but nothing. Now here is what i am thinking and what i was told by some vette owners. The problem seems to only happen on cooler times, like in the high 50's to low 60's. If its hot out and the temp stays above 180 it doesn't do it. When its cooler out and the car is closer to 160 it does it a lot. So i was told that i am running the motor way to cool. So today i am picking up a 180 instead of the 160 that i have in it now.

One vette owner told me "its your TPS" now this is coming from a guy who owns an 88 vette and says "yeah we have the same motor mine is an lt1" when you go and look at it its a TPI motor. I asked another vette owner how has a 93 vette and he is the one who told me about my temp being to cool for the motor that likes to run hot.

What do you guys think? I ran my codes via my pc and data cable and the only codes i have are one for the auto tranny. So i need your help its pissing me off and i have no clue what else to do. I was wondering if it was my MAF or air temp sensor? again it only does it when i step on the gas, and when the motor is cool. i can go home right now and start it up and it will start fine. i let it warm up to 160 and i don't notice it but if i step on it hard it seems like it is doing it. PLEASE HELP ME !!

PhillySVT
06-16-2008, 03:01 PM
OK if you don't know i have an lt1/t56. The problem keeps coming back and i have no clue what the hell it is. First i was told i had a batch of bad gas! so i burned it all out and i mean BURNT..lol i never got on the fc this hard before in my life! I let the temp get up to 210 and then beat on it. and the problem went away. I took the car out for a nice day out with the wife and i filled up with 93 from shell. drove fine the whole day. we went shopping had dinner went to a movie no problems.

Now its evening and its a lot cooler and then the motor started doing it again! Bucking and jerking like it wants to go but nothing. Now here is what i am thinking and what i was told by some vette owners. The problem seems to only happen on cooler times, like in the high 50's to low 60's. If its hot out and the temp stays above 180 it doesn't do it. When its cooler out and the car is closer to 160 it does it a lot. So i was told that i am running the motor way to cool. So today i am picking up a 180 instead of the 160 that i have in it now.

One vette owner told me "its your TPS" now this is coming from a guy who owns an 88 vette and says "yeah we have the same motor mine is an lt1" when you go and look at it its a TPI motor. I asked another vette owner how has a 93 vette and he is the one who told me about my temp being to cool for the motor that likes to run hot.

What do you guys think? I ran my codes via my pc and data cable and the only codes i have are one for the auto tranny. So i need your help its pissing me off and i have no clue what else to do. I was wondering if it was my MAF or air temp sensor? again it only does it when i step on the gas, and when the motor is cool. i can go home right now and start it up and it will start fine. i let it warm up to 160 and i don't notice it but if i step on it hard it seems like it is doing it. PLEASE HELP ME !!

Could be a sensor....What code is it reading? My old girl had a module go in her trans on her vette and it start bucking and not wanting to shift out of second.

driftingrx5.7
06-16-2008, 06:13 PM
ok i was playing around with it and i found the trouble codes here is what i have:
82 shift a solenoid fault
83 tcc control feedback faul
84 3-2 downshift feedback fault
11 malf indicator lamp (mil) fault
code 77 fan 1 fault
code 78 fan 2 faul
code 14 coolant temp high

now for code 82 83 84 those are all auto tranny codes right? if so i will take those off with tuner cat. now code 77 and 78 is because i am manually controling my fan inside the car
now for code 11 and code 14 i have no clue how to fix those codes. can anyone give me a hand?

JKrome
06-17-2008, 04:13 AM
is it jerking like the motor wants some fuel??? whens the last time u changed fuel filter ?? my truck used to jerk like that randomly when i had a clogged up filter...

05OCsrt-4
06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
is it jerking like the motor wants some fuel??? whens the last time u changed fuel filter ?? my truck used to jerk like that randomly when i had a clogged up filter...

it could be a fuel problem, but with his symptoms being it only happens at a certain temperature, it is highly unlikely, the whole temperature throughs it into the "sensor" section and i'd start doing diagnostics on the MASS/MAP sensor, intake air temperature sensor, stuff like that. but those transmission codes might be the source of your problem, but test sensors first before jumping to it.

driftingrx5.7
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
ok well i started it up while it was still warm out lastnight and it was doing it still. i let the temp get to 180 and i took her out for a spin and the same thing over again! i am going to take my fuel filter off today and bring it to advace auto and see if they have a refill for it. i have one of those filters you take a part and just replace the filter. so lets see what happens!

driftingrx5.7
06-18-2008, 09:37 PM
to all you opti spark claimers! i hate to tell you BUT your WRONG! the freaking problem was the F)*((*)(*g ECT sensor! it was so upsetting! i flashed the pcm and now its running a M6 and i kept getting code 14 ECT so i went to the store and got a new one ($13.18) put it in put some more coolant in it because some leaked out. started it up and it idled perfectly took it for a nice long run and it never did it again! I AM SO HAPPY don't worry i am still getting an ls1!

BTW i took my fuel filter off and opened it up (edlebrock filter so i can replace the inner filter) and checked it, it wasn't clogged at all. took the plugs out and it was nice and brown all my wires had the same ohms so it wasn't anything ignition nor fuel! i flashed my pcm so now its M6 and not A4 anymore and the only code i was getting was code 14 which is ECT.

PhillySVT
06-20-2008, 10:41 AM
ECT? whats that stand for so I know?

driftingrx5.7
06-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Engine coolant Temp sensor