PDA

View Full Version : rb25 s14

nogaro610
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
has anyone ever done the swap of a rb25 in a s14 and if you have what are some of the little problems that i should take care of before i put the engine in i have the engine, trans, ruckus racing conversion mounts, r33gts rear, walbro 255, bending my own intercooler pipes, and greddy intercooler and 3 inch exhaust. and i have done all the wiring already(fingers crossed) but im pretty confident in my work. any info on the swap would be appreciated.

woogie12
06-15-2008, 03:15 PM
ahhh i had that in my favorites on my old computer, i'll try and find it again. it had a ton of info.

Jjaeger240
06-15-2008, 05:16 PM
With wiring done and conversion mounts it's just like pulling and putting a ka back in. I mean really you have anything that will be a headache taken care of because wiring and mounts are most difficult part.

Tach is going to read off, not a lot but a few hundred, may want to recalibrate that. For s13s I normally just use the tach out of a r32, not sure about s14.

That's pretttttttttty much it.

Renegade_
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
With wiring done and conversion mounts it's just like pulling and putting a ka back in. I mean really you have anything that will be a headache taken care of because wiring and mounts are most difficult part.

Tach is going to read off, not a lot but a few hundred, may want to recalibrate that. For s13s I normally just use the tach out of a r32, not sure about s14.

That's pretttttttttty much it.

I also thought that depending on your radiator size you might have to mount the fans in front of the rad since the rb is longer than the ka/sr