PDA

View Full Version : Street racing, don't do it.

russiankid
06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Watch this video. It is hard for me to watch, I cannot imagine how the children will grow up nor can I imagine how the family feels. Please, take racing to the track.

http://www.nationalroadsafety.org/films/LOV2XLR8Film.wmv

blackvr4
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
honestly man ima get flamed big time for posting but w/e, street racing gets an extremely bad rep. i mean yea accidents do happen and people do die from it, but anything that has 2 or 4 wheels and an engine will have death assiociated with it, for instance there is a lot more drunk driving related deaths/accidents than street racing. i am almost postive that there is a bunch of people on here that have or do drive drunk once in awhile. you dont see people posting DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE THREADS as often as STREET racing kills threads or what ever, to try to beat the message in, the do not street race threads are nothing but beating a dead horse with a stick. w/e tho everyone has an opinion on forums, i am not bashing but just stating the honest truth. half the people that bash street racing are the ones driving like reckless idiots on the road, and thats my worthless 2 cents.

totally unrelated but "te gavaresh pa ruske? patamushta ya tosha gavaroo pa rusky"

russiankid
06-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I understand where you are coming from. However, street racing expensive cars is plain stupid. You put your life at risk and everyone else's. In a way, both can be prevented. Only reason I posted this video here is because there are a lot of tuned cars here. I am not saying you guys are stupid, but I would really hate to see one of these cars go and not to mentioned the very nice people on here. Drinking and driving is also a serious issue, but to be honest I haven't seen that many accidents that have killed others like this.

And yes, I do speak Russian. Russian being my first language and English being my second.

pearl
06-11-2008, 11:27 PM
i used to street race. i came out okay.

people say dont smoke cigarettes, its just as deadly. you are putting people at risk because of things YOU do.

russiankid
06-11-2008, 11:29 PM

people say dont smoke cigarettes, its just as deadly. you are putting people at risk because of things YOU do.

I personally don't street race and I don't want to. My car is not race worthy at all.

pearl
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
wasnt saying you do, just saying in general.

russiankid
06-11-2008, 11:33 PM
wasnt saying you do, just saying in general.

I know I was just saying. People do not think of others, I notice people try to center things around them, so outsiders are just nothing to them.

pearl
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I know I was just saying. People do not think of others, I notice people try to center things around them, so outsiders are just nothing to them.

same thing with smoking cigarettes, you are putting people that arent smoking at risk of lung cancer. im too tired to make a thoughtful sentence, i will tomorrow at work.

jdmwill
06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
so sad:cry:

russiankid
06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
same thing with smoking cigarettes, you are putting people that arent smoking at risk of lung cancer. im too tired to make a thoughtful sentence, i will tomorrow at work.

That is true, however we might as well stop driving cars then. In my opinion, car fumes are worse than cigarette smoke.

garrettej8
06-12-2008, 12:39 AM
there's always something to complain about in life about something you don't agree with. there isn't much that we, as normal people, can do except try to live our short pointless lives with the least amount of problems.

while you say street racing is bad, don't do it, there's people street racing while you're typing that. and there's someone defending street racing somewhere else. I see absolutely no problem with street racing as long as everyone involved is aware of what is going on around them (like a private road or very unpopulated road/highway)

this kind of reminds me of those "click it or ticket" campaigns. I think it's very very stupid to give someone a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt if it's their own choice not to wear one. it's ridiculous, but that's a whole different topic.

/rant

russiankid
06-12-2008, 12:53 AM
That is true. I don't see a very big issue with street racing on a private road. However, when people do it on public roads with traffic, what the hell are you thinking?

The Captain
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Street racing on a public road with pedestrians around is the more retarded thing ever. Street racing on a public road with no one around where it is only your life you are putting in danger is fine in my books.

den9
06-12-2008, 01:30 AM
i bet every1 races at red lights, i bet half the people here drink and drive, and every1 speeds

theres always a time and place for it, except drinking

busy highways arent the place for it, especially the blvd, everytime i drive down that road i see a car on the median smashed into a tree

05OCsrt-4
06-12-2008, 06:35 AM
honestly in that video street racing plays a big part, but the owner of the lamborgini should've been shot before the race, crossing over into oncoming traffic? someone should stop watching Fast and the furious and start going to defensive driving school, oh wait, he's probably DEAD

frosti108
06-12-2008, 06:45 AM
go home and wait to die in safety and peace. it seems to be what a lot of people are doing these days. QUITCHERBITCHIN

Erik
06-12-2008, 08:26 AM
might be dick, but did that guy have to try to act out the moan? Killed the downed mood in my opinion.
but 5 - 15 for being responsible for the death of 2 people? i think that is still a little too low

PUREKDM
06-12-2008, 09:03 AM
while you say street racing is bad, don't do it, there's people street racing while you're typing that. and there's someone defending street racing somewhere else. I see absolutely no problem with street racing as long as everyone involved is aware of what is going on around them (like a private road or very unpopulated road/highway)

i completely agree with you 100%....street racing is dagerous...period...but when you bring innocent people in the way it's completely different. there is NO justification for driving into oncoming traffic in the middle of a town like that...i don't care how fast you think you are or how good you drive...as long as you are alone and you completely understand what COULD happen and you're ok with the worst case senario, thats on you.

Hando567
06-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah i think street racing is fine, as long as the only ones that could be hurt are the ones that are involved and they understand what the consequences could be, however what they did is just dumb, mid-day in traffic? WTF were they thinking? Not to mention why did the guy driving the lambo go into oncoming traffic?

PoorMan'sR
06-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Not to mention why did the guy driving the lambo go into oncoming traffic?

cause he thought he was paul walker...street racing is ****in stupid, yea i get that its fine if its just you, another car, and an abandoned back road, but you can't tell wtf is gonna happen on the road, what someone else will do, just go to the track

SleeperGoat
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
The serious street racers that set stuff up ahead time to run on the street dont even run on public streets half the time, at least around here its normally in industrial parks or down roads with a bunch of shops that arent open at night time were maybe the average car driving threw is like 1. I know philly is completely different people are always driving down the roads they use, but once you start moving outwards people get a bit smarter. Like most of you said as long as its just you an the other person that are in danger if something goes wrong not drivers coming along, most the guys that run extremely quick cars on the street think the same way that i know.

russiankid
06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree with everyone. I am not saying don't street race its wrong completely. Street racing is fine in my book if it is done without others around you, but when it is done in a neighborhood, what the **** were you thinking?! I will be honest, I do speed, but never more than 10mph over the speed limit,and never do I speed through neighborhoods. Yes I may go pretty fast on an interstate, but usually there aren't other cars around me. At high speeds, anything can happen. Ball joint can snap, tire can blow out, brake line could bust when you start braking.

Overall, if you are going to street race, do it so no one else is around you.

05OCsrt-4
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
you can always street race in a parking lot, first one to hit the curb wins, lol

slowacura
06-12-2008, 12:21 PM
eh, street racing ok in certain areas. If its done in traffic or down busy roads then those people are gay. Do it in the back neck roads!

dubjinc
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
here is an example of how not to street race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAjwoO5wR0E

russiankid
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
here is an example of how not to street race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAjwoO5wR0E

Thats normal driving in Russia. Thats in Russia from the looks of it.

272sWrx
06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
yeah, thats not crazy at all. I have seen insane racing in moscow.

russiankid
06-12-2008, 04:05 PM
yeah, thats not crazy at all. I have seen insane racing in moscow.

I remember seeing a video a while back of Honda's just racing through Moscow. They would pass people on the shoulder and everything, it was pretty crazy. I remember when I went to Russia, and I went through Moscow to go to my home town; I was completely shocked by how people drive. No one cares about the dividing lanes, stop lights, or signs.

Charged SVTF
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I have my fun with my car and with others. I know my limits and do not know the limits of others. Thats why I barely push beyond a certain level. And usually that bar is set pretty darn low and pretty close to the speed limit. My fun comes on back roads and corners. PA has a ton of fun roads to drive carefully but with some spirit. Anything, such as the strip of road mentioned in this video, should be off limits to the type of stunts they pulled. Stay in your lane, have fun accelerating, but be responsible to those around you for gods sake!

Willdue
06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
street racing is stupid, end of thread.

TGilb2007
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
street racing is stupid, end of thread.

QFT.

Espically down in this area too, since there are TONS of tracks, SCCA events, and other legal locations to drive hard, and in 100% controlled environments.

sherwood
06-12-2008, 06:12 PM

so i smoke and used to street race...i guess im ****ed.

garrettej8
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
the only people I envy as a "street racer" is ghostrider from the ghostrider in stockholm movies. oh and mr. x from getaway in stockholm. I doubt anyone died because of their acts either because they're extremely surgical with cars/bikes.

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah i think street racing is fine, as long as the only ones that could be hurt are the ones that are involved and they understand what the consequences could be, however what they did is just dumb, mid-day in traffic? WTF were they thinking? Not to mention why did the guy driving the lambo go into oncoming traffic?

I agree with you man.

lol I guess you can say, street racing is my crack & I'm always lookin for a dealer. lol

CleanNeon98
06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree with you man.

lol I guess you can say, street racing is my crack & I'm always lookin for a dealer. lol
Maybe thats why nobody takes your car club seriously. Great minds think alike and you guys dont fall into the bunch

R22B
06-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Street racing... it will always be around. No matter how many kids die, how many cars trashed, or how many innocents die, it will always be around.

My brother died acting stupid in 2001. I guess you can say it opened my eyes to what could happen if I raced, but that's the penalty he got for acting stupid. I'm probably one of the VERY few 22 year old's who can say that I never street raced, ever.

It doesn't matter if a mother looses a song, or a grandfather looses a grandson, or a brother looses a brother, people will do it anyways. My mother speaks at Liberty High School nearly every year about racing in hopes that NO family has to go through what my family did. I can say that if you do end up doing it, do it where you can hurt no one but yourself. Just think, before you decide to do it, if something bad that happens, the people closes to you will mourn you for the rest of their life.

pulser9
06-16-2008, 06:49 PM
How the **** are they going to try and charge him with the guy in the lambos death thats absaloutly rediculus. Keep it on the track. Its more fun anyway you get your times and all, can tune your car.

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe thats why nobody takes your car club seriously. Great minds think alike and you guys dont fall into the bunch

Oh no you didn't...

Mostly no one from SO does that, so don't preach what you don't know.

thefro526
06-16-2008, 06:56 PM
If you're gonna do it, make sure that no one else is involved. It's one thing to cause your own death but to hurt other people because of your actions is a totally different matter. I personally, have never raced because my car is far to slow to be competitive, but I have been in cars with racers and wanna be racers and just remember your passenger too. Don't try to be cool because some dude pulls up next to your (insert car here) in their super awesome (insert their car here) and race them with your friend, brother, sister, mother, or whoever in the car with you.

Anyways the decision is yours and I will not bad mouth street racers or condone it, just remeber that your actions can affect those that are outside of the vehicle as well. Also if your gonna try to race someone, make sure no one is around and you're on a road where no one can pull out in front of you and put your damn seatbelt on. If you race smart street racing can be safe, but it's the people who don't think and just act without weighing the benefits with the consequences who are the ones who hurt others and get hurt.

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
If you're gonna do it, make sure that no one else is involved. It's one thing to cause your own death but to hurt other people because of your actions is a totally different matter. I personally, have never raced because my car is far to slow to be competitive, but I have been in cars with racers and wanna be racers and just remember your passenger too. Don't try to be cool because some dude pulls up next to your (insert car here) in their super awesome (insert their car here) and race them with your friend, brother, sister, mother, or whoever in the car with you.

Anyways the decision is yours and I will not bad mouth street racers or condone it, just remeber that your actions can affect those that are outside of the vehicle as well. Also if your gonna try to race someone, make sure no one is around and you're on a road where no one can pull out in front of you and put your damn seatbelt on. If you race smart street racing can be safe, but it's the people who don't think and just act without weighing the benefits with the consequences who are the ones who hurt others and get hurt.

Right on brother.

Hando567
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
How the **** are they going to try and charge him with the guy in the lambos death thats absaloutly rediculus. Keep it on the track. Its more fun anyway you get your times and all, can tune your car.

that was another thing i was curious about, i can see that he would be charged for the other guys death (even though technically it was the lambos fault since he was the one that went into the other lane) but the guy in the lambo should be fully held responsible for his own death, no one put a gun to his head and made him race. I dont care how much he was egged on, it was his own choice to race the vette.

screamingdsm
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
street racing? whats that? Im pretty sure its pretty much dead in nj, theres some light battles here and there, but the setup nights are pretty low key to almost extinct. I know nothing bout that there street racing you say though

ICE95Z
06-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Unless you are in a controlled enviroment such as the track, street racing is not safe! Just because there are no other vehicles around doesnt mean you cant loose control and hit trees other something else.
One innocent person is dead because of 2 poor decisions by 2 people. one has 5-15 to think about it and the other one, well he wont get the chance to think ever again. So i dont care how safe you say it can be, its not.

The tough part is not enough tracks around. $15-20 to get in and spend 3-4 hours racing twice if your lucky. There needs to be more tracks around.

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I hear you on that man, I wish there was more tracks around. Sometimes I goto E-town, but mostly maple grove b/c you get alot of runs.

CleanNeon98
06-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh no you didn't...

Mostly no one from SO does that, so don't preach what you don't know.
Well im sorry but when you grace...i mean embarras, our forum with idiocy like this

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56711

I cant help but be amazed. You are the president of your so-called club, you should be the one setting an example for your peers, but you have the nerve to ask moronic questions about something you know is illegal and wrong. How can people take you seriously, even your actions aside, the name of your club makes you guys look like a bunch of street racers.

Im sure I can dig deeper and find more of your threads, but I have made my point as it is.

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Chill out man, everyone has their own opinion. I DON'T APPRECIATE THE DOUCHEBAGGERY.

CleanNeon98... lol We can settle this matter over a foot race lol

CleanNeon98
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Chill out man, everyone has their own opinion. I DON'T APPRECIATE THE DOUCHEBAGGERY.

CleanNeon98... lol We can settle this matter over a foot race lol
Foot race on a treadmil or no race at all...what if i step on a squirrel :cry:

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
You got to be real carefull of those squirrels LOL treadmills are much safer then the street anyway... What gym do you go to?

CleanNeon98
06-16-2008, 08:11 PM
You got to be real carefull of those squirrels LOL treadmills are much safer then the street anyway... What gym do you go to?
None, I want to get signed up by the end of the week. I used to be a regular at world gym and as soon as i stopped going all of my "gains" quickly disappeared

OutlawzPrez
06-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I have a membership but I rarely use it, I need to make the effort & get my fat azz of the computer lol

CleanNeon98
06-16-2008, 08:33 PM
I dont know where to sign up for

TurboTagTeam
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
99% of people on here street race. I know I have. I also know how to handle a car. That is only half of it. Knowing were and when to race is the other half. Some people just have bad judgement. That is why stuff like this happens.

You will not see me weaving through rush hour traffic to race another car. You WILL see me hitting 180mph+ on a fairly empty road if someone wants to step up.

I street race, I'm not dead, I'v yet to kill anyone else. I think it'll stay that way.

sherwood
06-16-2008, 08:46 PM
i hope it stays that way! idk what i would do without you on tst haha

pearl
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
i only street race in school zones.

TurboTagTeam
06-16-2008, 09:16 PM

+1

Fourth graders love my trap speeds.

enigma
06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
But i drivez orange supraz, an n33dz to beet euroz!

ITSTOCK
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Sad story, but the guy in the corvette wasn't the one who lost control, went in to oncoming traffic, and made the cars crash. The guy in the lambo could have just as easily been screwing around by himself, racing no other cars, and done the same thing. The wifes testimony, "The corvette driver egged him on", please, they are grown ass men. Way to put the blame on the other person (in a time of grief I'm sure this happens too often). It's unfortunate that two people had to lose their lives, in a stupid act of idiocy or not.

Still, street racing is stupid, reckless, unsafe, etc. etc. etc.

turboman808
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Think we all have a different idea of what street racing is. Basically to me anything done outside of a race track is street racing.

That being said I buy nice cars to have fun with. I don't buy them to impress others. I buy them to get out and have fun driving way to fast.

Now this doesn't mean I am a reckless driver. I don't put my car beyond 90% on the street but at 90% you can still get alot of enjoyment out of it.

Also unless you are out at 3am on empty roads you will probably never see me street racing. I wait until the roads are empty and I can get out by myself. I almost never get into races with others mainly because you don't know the drivers skill level. twice I have seen unskilled drivers try to stay with me and eat a gaurd rail. So I will back off and let them go.

All I can say about people who would race in highly populated areas and risk other peoples lives should get a beat down and there cars ****ed up.

screamingdsm
06-17-2008, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=ICE95Z;943814]Unless you are in a controlled enviroment such as the track, street racing is not safe! Just because there are no other vehicles around doesnt mean you cant loose control and hit trees other something else.
QUOTE]

That can happen that the track too. You know that little waiver you sign, yeah that basically says we are not responceable if you die, or get injured. No matter if your on the track on on the street its a dangerous sport you can be sitting at the tree next to a 10 second car, or some idiot and he could loose it and blast right into you. There is controlled organized street racing, and there is fast and the furious street racing aka (south philly) I use to, but i was alot younger, and the cars were alot slower. Now its with people i know in a organized location area far faaar away from anything. No idiots

Setup racing is the best. Its controlled, and trust me it goes on. Its just all of the retards, and slower cars dont know about it. People are more understanding of what they drive, they have respect for the power there making, and do it as safely as possible, just like you would at the track. I cant stand the track half the time because when your acually trying to tune a car, and make shake down runs... you get 2-3 passes. Sometimes thats nowhere near enough to get a car tuned, setup for making a great pass. Then you add in 15 or so dollars, 50 dollars in race gas. Thats why i do alot of this so called street racing, then maybe go to the track when she seems in check.

jc8889
06-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Im not really for street racing unless its on some street out in the boondocks where you know noone is gonna be around.

PA Z06
06-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Dude thats pretty sad, I have a fairly fast car and people want to race me all the time, I just let them go

SpendOne
06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
<(((=====my thoughts.

screamingdsm
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
<(((=====my thoughts.

YES!!!

I use to use the line "its not illegal till the cops come"

SpendOne
06-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Gone way before the cops roll around. :wink:

PhillyLS1
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
More people were killed on tracks last year then street racing. I read about it when I was in Iraq. I can't find the source of the article but I will.

Accidents happen. However over 25,000 people are killed on the highway each year, but all I hear about is street racing all the time.

I'm in no way an advocate for it, but all these preachy anti-street racing campaigns get annoying. It's like anti-tobacco ads.

I'd like to see legislation to get people over 70 years old off the road rather then all this street racing crap.

boostin05blacksti
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
damn should have brought it to the track...a shame

Menacing_Gc8
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Look.. Very VERY few can say they have never even gotten into a minor spat on the street.Hell just accelerating from a light with another car next to you ( and I mean over accelerating aka bringing the rpm's up a bit higher than you normally do) is technically street racing. Highways running is street racing, pretty much, if your RPM's are higher than you normally drive, and your speed is over the speed limit, and there is a car next to you, a cop can misconstrue it as street racing weather or not you actually or knowingly were. That being said, Those that are saying they are STRICTLY track and "would never and have never street raced ", are likely lying to a degree probably unknowingly tho because you HAVE indeed gotten into a few spats on the street , be it with Friends or not if you were paying attention or not.. its still Street racing.

That all said and done, I know I have.. its how I got my start in racing tbh.. but we were smart about it, never ran before 11pm or After 4 am , and it was ALWAYS, ALWAYS on a very lightly traveled road.. I'm talking an industrial park where it was closed at night and there would be no traffic other than us.and we didn't mess around and weave in and out of traffic during the day either. That is just ASKING for trouble..and that was also atleast 4 years ago was the last time I actually raced on the streets in a group. Since then I have gotten into a few small battles on the highway late night when there is only like 4 cars goin down the road , but most of my spirited Driving Stays on backroads BY MYSELF.. Nobody is perfect tho. Tbh I prefer hitting up some twisty backroads and I know my limits and the cars limits and never push much past either, where its pretty much ONLY me back there.. I MIGHT see a car or 2, but its pretty desolate where I race... Mostly past mine... with that.. I am gonna say that Those 2 are Idiots and I'm sure the wives aren't saying much aside from finger pointing..but I am willing to bet they aren't as innocent as they portray. Thing is, With Girls, Atleast ones in hooked up expensive rides like that , the faster you go, and the Hotter the car, The more the turn on and should some guy step to their man, and have a girl in their car, its on.. we egg guys on.. Seriously.. its like a competition to us.. its kinda like saying my man is better than yours.. its difficult to explain, but its the Whole control issue. Girls are catty and Competitive is what I'm saying, And for some reason, I don't believe the wife of the Lamborghini Driver is completely innocent. What These 2 did was retarded and they SHOULD have known better, but with a female in the picture, I'm sure the "competition" went alot deeper than simply 2 grown men acting like little kids for no reason other than to see what thier cars could take. And with that.. Lamborghini/exotic car Owners are the WORST at controlling their testosterone when it comes to other " less valued " ( in their opinions) cars. . So yeah Throw a female in the mix , and its a recipe for a street racing disaster.

oh yeah one last thing.. Racing at the track is no safer than on the streets.. the only difference is there is an ambulance waiting at the end of the track should you get hurt or have an accident, but the paper you sign a the gates, isnt to simply use the track, it CLEARLY states that they are not held responsible should something happen, you lose control and take out a guardrail, person, or pole.. theres always gonna be accidents involved with motorsports in general, that will never change. Its only people think its safer at a track, and we accept that. Tbh it Tickes me off to no limit when those at the effing news cahnnels call it Drag racing when its CLEARLY street racing.. Street Racing is on the street, Drag racing is on the track.. Get it effing right. / end rant

boostin05blacksti
06-19-2008, 11:20 AM
your right to a point but at the track it is a much more controlled atmosphere. You have to have a helmet on and windows shut. Id rather crash with a helmet anyday over without one.

kas14slider
06-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I used to street race a lot. I don't anymore.

Eclipse GSX 61
06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I have raced I'm not going to lie. Its the adrenaline that gets to you. It feels awesome to be blowing past someone. Is it stupid? Yes, but its life. I'd be more worried right now about terrorists then kids racing their cars.

BTW I did have a pretty close expirience where I was racing a kid I knew on a smaller highway 2 lanes wide and I had a car on him until some old lady merged at the on ramp into his lane, and I still believe to this day if I wasn't paying attention and if I didn't hit my brakes enough for him to split my car and hers he would not be here right now.:roll:

PUREKDM
06-27-2008, 01:20 PM
your right to a point but at the track it is a much more controlled atmosphere. You have to have a helmet on and windows shut. Id rather crash with a helmet anyday over without one.

dude that makes no sense...thats like saying having sex with "Girl B" is safer than having sex with "Girl A" because "Girl B" makes me wear a condom every time....

no one is stopping you from wearing a helmet on the street or closing your window or putting your seatbelt on if you are going to race...

boostin05blacksti
06-27-2008, 03:07 PM
dude that makes no sense...thats like saying having sex with "Girl B" is safer than having sex with "Girl A" because "Girl B" makes me wear a condom every time....

no one is stopping you from wearing a helmet on the street or closing your window or putting your seatbelt on if you are going to race...

your right but noone is forcing you too either...i have NEVER in my life watched anyone on the street at any races i have ever been to wear a helmet...NEVER....at the track you have to...and to what you wrote if "girl B" makes you wear a condom every time then I know I cant get anything from her dont I? Where as "girl A" is screwing every dude under the sun without protection..and where as i may not get anything its not 100% solid that I wont...you make no sence.:wink:

marshallpre1
06-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I street race rarely- only with friends on an empty highway, no traffic, etc. With the damn Supra you get a lot of attention, but surprisingly not many wanting to race. They know who's gonna win :-p

pearl
06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
hahahahaha

PUREKDM
06-27-2008, 03:53 PM
your right but noone is forcing you too either...i have NEVER in my life watched anyone on the street at any races i have ever been to wear a helmet...NEVER....at the track you have to...and to what you wrote if "girl B" makes you wear a condom every time then I know I cant get anything from her dont I? Where as "girl A" is screwing every dude under the sun without protection..and where as i may not get anything its not 100% solid that I wont...you make no sence.:wink:

well by "Girl A" i meant just another girl standing right next to "Girl B"...wayyy too many variables in this example...the girl that makes you use condoms could have all sorts of stds that you could still get...

so after all...even if you race on a track....where they MAKE you wear a helmet...you could still get STDs or crash and get hurt...so racing is not safe no matter how you do it...just being cautious is the key...

Kevin
06-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I wonder if the Lambo was losing, thats why he had to go into oncoming traffic to get the lead. Regardless he's a ****ing moron and deaded.

This story sounds all to familiar to me but my story had nothing to do with street racing, just showing off. (Which in my eyes, showing off killing yourself and an innocent person is worse then street racing and killing the same people)

Whitesupra94
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I wonder if the Lambo was losing, thats why he had to go into oncoming traffic to get the lead.

He probably knew thats what the supra did to win in the fast and furious :lol:

I can't stand how people get preacy about something like this either.
In general, How come society feels the need to blame the action rather than the person? The Least Common denominator in all these cases is stupidity, which usually goes hand in hand with making mistakes.

Anything, including street racing, is as safe or as dangerous as the parties involved choose to make it. They both had the choice to back out at any time during the whole ordeal.

Two people on an empty road isn't all that different from being on the track, other than a helmet and an ambulance on standby, which 99.99 perecnt of the time, don't help. There's always that .01% which is comprised of stupidity and/or freak incidents beyond any bit of normal control, and this was not the latter.

It's a shame innocent parties were involved here,

Murderface
06-27-2008, 08:53 PM

I used to, until replacing my grill got expensive.

SeverX13
06-27-2008, 10:31 PM
if anyone races around hear it all happens at night when there are virtually no cars out. im talking around 1am or 2am. No matter how often people post threads about not to street race, its still no gonna make people stop. Raceing in broad daylight is pretty dumb, especially on a street like that. Im not gonna lie, i race. if i do it during the day its usually on rt 80 when some car creeps up on me and wants to race, i dont look for races in the daytime. Nighttime i usually get a phone call to head down to a race. I mean if your smart about it then i dont see the big deal.

love me or hate me

my .02

Paul
07-01-2008, 12:37 AM
give ricers alot of money and thats what happens haha...but on a serious note though all this anti street racing business is like spitting against the wind...youre just not gonna get anywhere people are still gonna race and be dumb about it....i love racing i really do, i especially love street racing but the real kind where its late at night and youll be lucky to get 1 or 2 cars using that road and your chances of running into someone are slim to none...im not gonna say i do race and im not gonna say i dont but you would never catch me going crazy in broad daylight...tickets are too expensive these days haha ya i drive over the speed limit sometimes when im in a rush and on the highway if its a long drive and its late at night ill get the car up to 100 put on the cruise control and just drive...we all do it (speed that is) some just more then others...Personally i think cops should be more worried about the drug dealings and shootings then street racing...cus while theyre busting our asses and towing our cars and writing tickets and what not...some piece of **** drug dealer is making a killing...cus last time i checked more people die because of murder and drugs then street racing...oh and people who street race in broad daylight should get their asses beat...that just about covers my opinion on street racing

DRiFT_QUEENx0
07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
did anyone listen to the part where the guy moaned like the guy in the car? sorry i thought that was kinda funny.. i know im horrible... yeah racin is deadly, but whats not in these dayss?? im not saying i do, i dont even have a car lol.. but its the peoples own fault who are stupid about it.. you should know if ur car needs to be on a track to be safe racing.. and if you know its too powerful, but still do it anyways, your stupid.

TurboTagTeam
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
lol at your avatar

street racing is bad

TNTramair
07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
He probably knew thats what the supra did to win in the fast and furious :lol:

I can't stand how people get preacy about something like this either.
In general, How come society feels the need to blame the action rather than the person? The Least Common denominator in all these cases is stupidity, which usually goes hand in hand with making mistakes.

Anything, including street racing, is as safe or as dangerous as the parties involved choose to make it. They both had the choice to back out at any time during the whole ordeal.

Two people on an empty road isn't all that different from being on the track, other than a helmet and an ambulance on standby, which 99.99 perecnt of the time, don't help. There's always that .01% which is comprised of stupidity and/or freak incidents beyond any bit of normal control, and this was not the latter.

It's a shame innocent parties were involved here,
agreed 100%

TNTramair
07-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Gone way before the cops roll around. :wink:
you street race??!?!? :bigeek: nooooo. :mrgreen:

SpendOne
07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
you street race??!?!? :bigeek: nooooo. :mrgreen:

:supz:

screamingdsm
07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
i just raced tonight..... ON THE STREET!!!

AngeloAJC
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I wear a harness...

wsirianni
09-17-2008, 05:59 PM
im not gonna lie ive street raced multiple times in the past but and now that ive seen that video im gonna slow down a bit it just never occurs to u when ur in a race that all it takes is for one thing to go wrong and when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time.... im out im slowin the hell down and takin it to the track.... couldnt imagine if i had to get that call and the person hurt was a family member....

Instigator1225
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Street racing get a bad rep due to the retards who watch the F&f movies. If the general population was a bit smarter you probibly would never hear about street racing.

enigma
09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Mistakes happen all the time, its just a matter of the 5w's that determine the outcome of those mistakes.
The difference between a puckered asshole, and a deadly accident is a chance.

Keeper1343
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't see how the driver is responsible for that dumbass crossing into on coming traffic... If anyone of us get caught drag racing, they just fine the **** out of us and take our license. But since some ****tard crossed over the line, the other guy is held responsible for the others actions???? righttttt. Thats like me telling you to jump off a bridge and u do it, then charge me with murder. The only time they make a big deal about it is when there are crashes. Once there is a crash, the Law thinks they have to show off to the public. I ask this question.... Why the **** am i responsible for someone elses actions??? I am only responsible for my actions. I was drag racing. I was driving wrecklessly, carelessly, and didn't care about the loss of human life at the time. But I am not responsible for someone else.

mechanikdan
09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
You young guys talk all this talk about it wont happen to me or im safe while i race etc... let me tell you from a career tuner. 38 and been in it from 16 hell my first car was at 14. It doesnt matter about your driving skill or lack there of. I can vouch most of the guys who think they can drive cant. We find that out all the time at the Redline Events. Even still. I have seen some of my friends crash hard at speed due to mechanical failure. Tire casing over heats and bang, rear cv joint busts, bang instant right turn into wall at 80 plus. tie rod snap, rod end failure, etc.... it happens so fast. my formula atlantic injury happened so fast but i still live with the daily pain in my back due to slamming my tailbone into the ground at 100 mph plus. its the fact as we get older, have families etc... we understand what it would be like to go to work and not ever see your wife or kid again and know its due to something like this. All im saying is be careful. We had a street racing death a few weeks ago here. A guy racing a supercharged civic, back road, hills and a pole. Didnt work out for him too well... I still get the urge all the time. I just look the other way and keep driving.

Twinz
09-18-2008, 11:53 PM

wow they both drive like complete a holes that is what causes major accidents cause if one of the other cars trys to get outta your way or something your done..but i would have to say i am impressed with their driving...too bad people like that just dont try to do it professionally, being able to move like that could be real good in a street type race course..they deff know how to drive their cars hard..

Eclipse GSX 61
09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Iz lub ta wace ta speedz wike a hondred on za dailee.

haha god 12 at night is boring.

Soda Popinski
09-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I think a lot of people missed some of the point to this video. 2 cars in a street race, if one driver crashes (on his own, even) and dies, the other driver can be held accountable for it, because he wouldn't have been racing by himself.

And to the people who think it's ok if it's just you, and another driver willfully putting themselves in danger, what if a pedestrian runs out into the road unexpectedly. What if a child on a bike wanders out and gets hit. Was it his fault for getting in the way? What if you crash, who is responsible for paying the property damage? What if someone on the ambulance crew gets hurt trying to rush out to save your ass?

You can't predict random chance variables in life. What if that tie rod snaps in some random freak way, and your car does a right turn into the other car or a building or house. Tracks are designed to help minimize those chances. The street was not intended to be that way our there would be white painted tires bound up on all the streets to protect your ass.

It's like texting while driving, driving tired, or just breaking any driving law. You are willingly putting yourself and others in danger for a little fun, but no one ever wants to be held responsible.

Racersky
09-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm not gonna lie either....when I was younger I would street race all the time and now I just can't stop learning the concepts of time attacking at the track. Like what everyone says nowadays if you race take it to the track....

Instigator1225
09-20-2008, 04:52 PM
this whole thread makes me lol... hard.

GHost240SX
09-22-2008, 06:19 PM
wow they both drive like complete a holes that is what causes major accidents cause if one of the other cars trys to get outta your way or something your done..but i would have to say i am impressed with their driving...too bad people like that just dont try to do it professionally, being able to move like that could be real good in a street type race course..they deff know how to drive their cars hard..

thing is driving like that on a high way doesn't constitute street racing. Street racing is a 1/4 mi drag period. It's not a circuit, its not weaving in and out of traffic. If anything that video demonstrated a slalom with moving cones (the cars).

Plus those guys were asshats.

TooFizzle
09-22-2008, 11:10 PM
On a deserted road at night with everybody at the start line, sure it's fine. But weaving in and out of traffic and onto the oncoming traffic lane in the midday is the stupidest thing you could do.