PDA

View Full Version : 240SX Clutch Help!

Zw4nzig
06-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I've got a semi-free 240SX if I can fix a problem with it.

The clutch was replaced a while ago, and it was fine at that point. Over a short time, the owner said that the clutch has MUCH less travel, you have to push it hard to the floor and jam the stick to get it in gear.

Things I've thought might be the problem, clutch dampener, air in the lines somewhere, other than that I'm not sure.

What do you guys think the problem might be, and how should I go about fixing it?

turbo88crx
06-11-2008, 04:57 PM
It sounds like you pretty much got it. But I'd start with checkin the fluid if there's some in it, most likely the slave cyl is good if you've been pushing it, but it'll leak when u push it if it went bad. Next I'd bleed the hell out of the lines @ the remote spot (just to the rite of the shifter mounted on the body, kinda under the pass feet, ull see it) and than bleed it @ the slave cyl. And if that doesn't work I'd guess to say the clutch master is goin. But that should give ya a good idea

Zw4nzig
06-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Do you happen to know the tools I need to do this? I'm going to be remote, and won't have my entire tool box there.

240_fun
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Definatly bleed the crap out of it first
8 or 10mm for the bleeder (i forget)
It could also be that the rod coming out of the Clutch MC needs to be adjusted (12 or 14mm plus you will need some needle nose pliers to get up and turn the rod)
There could be a slight leak with the dampening line (fix= SS Braided line ~$45)
Just bring a metric wrench set and you should be fine but thats just my $0.02

dsturch1
06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Haha id take Nick(240 Fun)'s advice...kids had more 240s apart than anyone else I know lol.

turbo88crx
06-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Do you happen to know the tools I need to do this? I'm going to be remote, and won't have my entire tool box there.

The remote is an 8mm and the slave cyl is a 10mm, and if u need to adjust the rod its 12mm I'm pretty sure but might be a 14mm. But I wouldn't recomend messin with the rod u can do more damage than good if you don't know what ur doin. They don't come out of adjustment typically, its most likely 1 of the other problems listed