PDA

View Full Version : Researching shops to do auto to manual conversion

SilentDeath128
06-05-2008, 05:44 PM
As the title states, I am beginning to research different shops that can do this project. I prefer it be located locally. I am located in NE Philly area.

I have a 99 integra LS. Currently an automatic transmission that I want to convert to manual. I would like to work with the person, who will perform the labor, on the conversion to help me piece together all the necessary parts. I have a good list of general items, just need specific items like bolts, clips, harnesses etc. It is also a DD car so downtime needs to be kept down to a minimum while doing the conversion.

If someone has had this done to their car before by a shop, let me know! I prefer a shop which have done this before. Drop a PM or E-mail. Thanks in advance!

Evo8kid
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
jon@street-solutions knows hondas very well!

Proven
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Also nick or Anthony at www.elitejdm.com in Phila. He will also have all the parts in stock for you. (Calling them is your best bet)

Bob

agoodall
06-06-2008, 07:58 AM
where are you located?

KrazyHouseCustoms
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
PM'd you.

SilentDeath128
06-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the references! I live in the NE philly area.

CleanNeon98
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Im in NE philly and can certainly lend you help as long as you have a garage, im not gona charge you or anything but just so you know, in most cases especially on a stock car its just easier to sell your auto car and get a stick shift.

There is a place right off of Bustleton and Philmont (right near the train station, in the same parking lot behind the little strip mall) that is a trans special shop but they told me what I just told you for my old car, and many other shops confirmed.

SilentDeath128
06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Im in NE philly and can certainly lend you help as long as you have a garage, im not gona charge you or anything but just so you know, in most cases especially on a stock car its just easier to sell your auto car and get a stick shift.

There is a place right off of Bustleton and Philmont (right near the train station, in the same parking lot behind the little strip mall) that is a trans special shop but they told me what I just told you for my old car, and many other shops confirmed.

I just have spent so much time into it already I would rather not start over again. But I have thought about it and prefer to go this route. Thanks for the advice though.

Travd23
06-18-2008, 12:22 PM
There's a shop around Lancaster called Precision Roadster that does a lot of good custom work. I'd recommend them.