PDA

View Full Version : New Rides

jigga_x
01-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Any opinions on the new Evo IX coming out. Said to be the last of the Evo's based on the Lancer Platform. Seems like they will be going out with a bang, taking the MR and stepping it up even more.

There's a video of the Evo that they never brought over to us. I believe it was the FQ3000 or somethin like that, feel free to correct any misinformation...anyway, it went head-to-head with the Lambo Murcielago (i know i spelled that wrong...LOL). It held its own.

Well I like the performance of the Evo IX, but for some reason I don't like the new front bumper. I think the current Evo looks better.

And while we're on the topic of new rides...anybody drive and/or race the new Mustang GT. I saw one yesterday, I wanted to race him just for fun but didnt want him to think i was an asshole. It was an older gentleman driving. But I would like to see a real-life experience of what they are capable of instead of reading magazine numbers. I dont feel like waiting till Atco opens to find one to race...LOL...i'm impatient.

And as I continue on my new ride synopsis, let us have a moment of silence as the Neon platform finally bows its head and retires in 2005. Which means that the SRT-4 will die only to be reborn on a new platform which is being made in conjunction with Mitsubishi obviously. The new platform is said to be a hatchback...i'm hoping it isn't. I am guessing that it will be AWD since Chrysler/Mopar are getting more involved in rally racing. I am waiting to see this new thing to bear the SRT-4 badge.

Anybody with an 05 STi race an EVO MR...I would like to see that match-up...ok I'm done rambling.

the mike
01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
It was the EVO FQ(fakking quick :supz: )400 vs. the Lambo.
Factory supercars at their best. I love seeing 4 door cars hang with stuff like that.
As far as the EVO IX goes, the only thing I like is the rear bumper. The front looks too much lke the Gialla front bumper for my taste.
I would like to see the VII front again, personally.

mike.

I think one of our members is looking at getting a new GT, so we shold get to run him. Where are you at, we could get an impromptu run near Red Robin on Rt. 1 if he does get it....

teh DIRT
01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
yeah the IX front looks like crap in my opinion. I also think the VII was the best looking. As for that video....it kicks arse

jigga_x
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I would like to see the run...I am right outside philly. In between Philly and Atlantic City. But I'm in philly a lot visitin my family so just let me know when and I'll be there. I'll have to make a trip out there to hang wit u guys. i'll invite some of the big dawg SRTs. A friend of mine lives in philly and has a highly modified SRT (420+ whp). If anyone read the October issue of Modified Mag there was an article on him. As well as the TurboTrix Evo. I had the honor of watching it run a 9.6X at Atco last spring. :partyman:

the mike
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Every Thursday...
http://www.tristatetuners.com/viewtopic.php?t=7

Guys from here, ClubWRX.net, EVOm.net, NASIOC.com...all over the place. I can't wait til spring when people come out again! Usually like 30-40 cars.

mike

WKderF
01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
its a good time, you should try & make it out there.

Vypurr
01-05-2005, 12:26 AM
I would like to see the run...I am right outside philly. In between Philly and Atlantic City. But I'm in philly a lot visitin my family so just let me know when and I'll be there. I'll have to make a trip out there to hang wit u guys. i'll invite some of the big dawg SRTs. A friend of mine lives in philly and has a highly modified SRT (420+ whp). If anyone read the October issue of Modified Mag there was an article on him. As well as the TurboTrix Evo. I had the honor of watching it run a 9.6X at Atco last spring. :partyman:

You really think Ray will have it running in the spring? lol :wiggle:

jigga_x
01-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh shizzle...wats wrong with it now. I thought he fixed the problem. I talked to him yesterday, but didn't bother to ask. Did you see the new racing seats he put in? Corbeau...they look nice. As far as I know everything is great since he switched from the Spec Clutch to the Centerforce Clutch. We gotta go bother him now...I'm still waiting for him to race Tiny. I don't know anymore, it would have been a good race till Tiny got that 3-speed auto tranny put in. I heard that thing pulls like a beast now with no boost drop. Unfair advantage! Tiny should be running 10s now leaving Ray in the 11-second club unless he decides to actually use the funny gas, but we shall see in the spring! Looks like it will be a good racing season!!! :supz:

the mike
01-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Why do I suddenly feel out gunned? :eek:

Also, has anyone driven/ridden in the new GTO? I would like to see how that thing pulls.

jigga_x
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
ur not the only one feelin outgunned...try following that mofo!!! LOL...I really wish I could afford a turbo upgrade!!!

I'll be in the 13-second club in the spring...woohoo. I'll be happy once I hit 12s. I dont wanna run 11's, then i would have to stop goin to the track cause I refuse to put a roll cage in my car. I have enough problems fittin in my car as-is...LOL

Vypurr
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
He has no problems NOW, but can you really picture that car staying un-broken for that long? lol. I havnt seen the seats! I heard all about them tho!

I havn't tried the new GTO yet. My dad wants one, but only if they offer a package soon with the hood scoops and dual exhaust!

WKderF
01-06-2005, 01:59 AM
where can i read up on this new evo?

Vypurr
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
You won't even have to read! Just sit back, grab a soda, and enjoy.

But make sure you right click>save as! :finga:

http://www.layeredchaos.com/CSi/FQ400-Topgear.wmv

jigga_x
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
ah yes...a great video. they had to try really hard to find things wrong with the car. I mean, c'mon now...who really drives like that. All the guy had to do was downshift and he woulda left that little POS by 30 car lengths. I wouldnt pay that price for it though...you can take an EVO MR and put $10,000 into it and have an equally impressive car for much less money. But then again your warranty would be shot to he!!

Vypurr
01-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I would assume that the first time you drive that, you warrenty would be shot! I mean, look at what they have been doin to regular EVO owners!

TROLL
01-06-2005, 07:39 PM
"it makes a belly dancer look like she's got hooves" :rotfl:
bryan

Vypurr
01-06-2005, 11:33 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?! :bigeek:

lol. I must have missed that joke...

the mike
01-07-2005, 12:47 AM
It's somewhere in the video when he is describing how well the EVO handles.

Maron10
01-08-2005, 04:04 AM
I would assume that the first time you drive that, you warrenty would be shot! I mean, look at what they have been doin to regular EVO owners!

LOL. The evo owners coud give a monkey's ass about the warranty. 90% of evos out there has some sort of mods done except for me :mrgreen:

Maron10
01-08-2005, 04:09 AM
on another note, I test drove a new 05 evo RS tonight or should I say yesterday night. It is faster and more responsive than the MR. I felt that the 5 speed is better suited for track driving as you do not have to shift as much. The 05 RS felt more coonected to me and the beautiful trashing noise that was coming from the turbo and the engine is to die for. The turbo rush is more apparant as well as I found the engine revving a lot quicker and moved the car a lot faster than the MR <-- of course this is only seat of the pants reaction. The RS felt extremly light especially in the twisties where I test drove it. Not once did I have to get on the brakes and the car was very stable and extremly firm.

I'm considering it as a weekend racer and drive the MR daily.

the mike
01-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Don't you DARE take away my uniqueness. :finga: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maron10
01-08-2005, 12:23 PM

hey I figure that you will need the company because you're always so lonely:)

the mike
01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
As long as the voices in my head are still there, I am never lonely. :mrgreen:

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP, oh make them stop......... :eek:

jigga_x
01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
^ LMAO :rotfl:

mazda6guy
01-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Great vid and now I have a greater respect for the Evo. Wow! :thumbup:

9 Ball
01-14-2005, 11:49 PM

hey I figure that you will need the company because you're always so lonely:)

Ahh, nothing like a little competition among family! :mrgreen:

9 Ball
01-15-2005, 12:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the FQ-400 is backed by a warrenty. I read about it in EVO Magazine (I think it was EVO Mag.) I'll have to dig through the magazines and find the article. I think this hints at the future potential of the EVO. Plus, in a world where 400hp to 500hp is now the standard for high performance sports cars, (new Ferrari F430, new C6, new Z06, new M3, new M5) your car must come close to the 400 mark, just to keep up. It's the STANDARD now... no if, ands, or buts.
It's like a global war now among automakers to build the best performance car. And the EVO makes a serious statement to the world with it's power, performance and potential.

It's one of the main reasons why I got this car... it scares the crap out of people! :devil:

Maron10
01-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Since I could not make the meet today because the idiot at the dealership armorall'd not only my dash but also my steering wheel and door panel. I was so furious and had to wait two hours for them to take it back in and strip off all hints of amorall and bring the interior back to new status instead of it looking like Eddie murphy with jerrycurl.

I will drive it down the next meet. This color is hot. It's call rio oearl yellow:)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54406

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54407

jigga_x
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
:rotfl:

sorry to hear that, but that happened to me before. but it was a friend of mine. we were cleaning my car, i went inside only to come back out to my car with a Soul-Glo interior!!! I think its still on there and this happened last spring...LOL

9 Ball
01-21-2005, 04:03 PM
instead of it looking like Eddie murphy with jerrycurl.

Eddie is a pimp with a jerrycurl.

Jay... what's up with the GT-R? I'd like to see that thing in action sometime. :thumbup:

Maron10
01-21-2005, 04:18 PM
instead of it looking like Eddie murphy with jerrycurl.

Eddie is a pimp with a jerrycurl.

Jay... what's up with the GT-R? I'd like to see that thing in action sometime. :thumbup:

GT-R is on hold until I get back to it. I need to focus on my racing career this year :)