PDA

View Full Version : Need a hand from the Honda guys

99SL2_Modder
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine needs an ECU for an F23. He needs it to be chipped to rev...**** I forget what RPM he wanted, and for the VTEC to kick in at 5500 or something. And the ability to tune it later.

He has an H22/M2U4 (SH) swap in a 6th gen. I told him to just get the OBD2A to OBD2B jumper harness and let me modify it so that the F23 pinouts will properly go to the H22 ecu, but he's being picky about the whole thing.

In other words, he needs a tuneable single cam ecu.

*edit*
Yes, he has an SH swap in his accord. Yes, it runs, yes, it drives. My next project is wiring it to make the SH work like it should. That will not be an issue for me. It's getting him to let me play with his car.

Accord SH? FTW!

99SL2_Modder
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
*bump*
Anyone? =(

CleanNeon98
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I think the VAFC from Apexi lets you adjust the VTEC kickover point, but I dont know how it would work in his case

Gorilla Unit 33
06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
p28 ecu shopuld work, i believe.

dragonfly2k3
06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I dont know which ecu you need, but i can put you in contact with a person to tune it for cheap.

MTuning
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
currently if he wants a chip as management than he has to convert it to OBDI. He will also has to find a vtec ecu.

99SL2_Modder
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
p28 ecu shopuld work, i believe.

Huh?

I dont know which ecu you need, but i can put you in contact with a person to tune it for cheap.
Would he have an idea what he would need?

MTuning
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
this might help a bit

http://www.xenocron.com/install/Xenocron-ECUs.htm

SovXietday
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
A friend of mine needs an ECU for an F23. He needs it to be chipped to rev...**** I forget what RPM he wanted, and for the VTEC to kick in at 5500 or something. And the ability to tune it later.

Lol, gosh, don't be so detailed!

What year Accord? He needs an OBD2A/B (depending which year) to OBD1 conversion harness, P28 or OBD1 equivalent ECU (converted P05/P06) and it will need to have a tuning software on it. IE, Hondata, Crome, Neptune, ECtune etc etc etc.

Depending on how much he wants to spend and what he goes with will vary who can tune it and how well.

All of the above can be tuned later but you need all the parts to do so.

igo4bmx
06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm
+
p28 honda civic 92-95 vtec ecu
+
chipping kit

99SL2_Modder
06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Does it not matter that he's running an OBDII H22?

SovXietday
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Does it not matter that he's running an OBDII H22?

If he wants a tuning solution he needs to convert back to OBD1.

MTuning
06-03-2008, 10:43 PM
majority of the sensors will be the same on the harness and engine side if that's what you're worried about.

99SL2_Modder
06-03-2008, 11:41 PM
majority of the sensors will be the same on the harness and engine side if that's what you're worried about.

It is.

But what about emissions connection? He'd fail if it's an OBD2 car and the scanner can't read the computer, right?

TurboTagTeam
06-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Correct,

And a P28 is the most popular Honda ECU that people use for tunning. It's the most common OBDI Vtec ECU. You chip that ECU with a tunning program such as Hondata, Chrome, Neptune or Uberdata.

AutobahnRacer
06-06-2008, 08:54 PM
do it the correct way. go to hondata.com its more expensive but at least it will be done right. and if you wanna change vtec im selling a APEXi AFC NEO

TurboTagTeam
06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
haha..... You advice him to "do it the right way" and then try to sell him a V-AFC? WTF?

TROLL
06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
please... make the effort to post new threads in the most specific forum applicable. like the honda forum for example...

99SL2_Modder
06-07-2008, 04:01 AM
please... make the effort to post new threads in the most specific forum applicable. like the honda forum for example...

I didn't know there was one.

I don't look in import threads much.

AutobahnRacer
06-07-2008, 07:08 PM
i said to buy the Hondata ECU, and if he wanted to further mess with things without messing up the tune of the hondata or work on it while hes driving he can use the NEO on top of that.

MTuning
06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
the hondata unit will do everything the neo does with better tuning resolution. They have free software that allows the owner to self tune also, with real time tuning and logging.

na is best!
06-07-2008, 10:41 PM
you dont need a hondata for a stock h22..lol.. listen to mtuning and everyone else.... step down harness, obd-1 ecu (p28), and a tune.. or a basemap chip.... dont try and tune it urself if you dont fully understand the concepts of tuning.. dont wanna lean or run to rich and blow it...

TurboTagTeam
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
the hondata unit will do everything the neo does with better tuning resolution. They have free software that allows the owner to self tune also, with real time tuning and logging.

The neo does not controll timing. As well as a **** load of other features that hondata has.

MTuning
06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
idk if you were just adding on to my statement or just read it wrong...

dragonfly2k3
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I dont know much about the system, but what about neptune? Ive never seen it in action, but H-T loves it.

na is best!
06-08-2008, 10:54 PM
it is a stock motor!!!!!! hondata is not needed!!!!!! his only goal is the control vtec, this can be done with a vafc, but better off with a p28 with chrome or neptune.... NO HONDATA!!!!!! ****, alot of cars dont feel it is nescesary to run, i see a lot of fast cars with neptune and a vafc... **** almost all of evan tuning cars he tunes he runs neptune on most, i think on his site he might even say something along the lines of perfering neptune to hondata (could be wrong)... but anyway it is a waste of money for this person (not all people!!) but for this person it is, get urself a p28 and either a generic basechip made or get it tuned... save the money from the hondata system and get urself some cams or something...

The Captain
06-08-2008, 11:03 PM
it is a stock motor!!!!!! hondata is not needed!!!!!! his only goal is the control vtec, this can be done with a vafc, but better off with a p28 with chrome or neptune.... NO HONDATA!!!!!! ****, alot of cars dont feel it is nescesary to run, i see a lot of fast cars with neptune and a vafc... **** almost all of evan tuning cars he tunes he runs neptune on most, i think on his site he might even say something along the lines of perfering neptune to hondata (could be wrong)... but anyway it is a waste of money for this person (not all people!!) but for this person it is, get urself a p28 and either a generic basechip made or get it tuned... save the money from the hondata system and get urself some cams or something...

For the needs expressed, I'd agree that this is probably his best bet. Does he really need a detailed stand alone if he wants to adjust vtec engagement? Doubt it.

More importantly, why an sh block? All the added work and he doesn't even get to take advantage of the atts? How do you plan on making the atts unit work too? that should be fun.

dragonfly2k3
06-08-2008, 11:10 PM
he already stated he did not want to run a p28 for inspection emissions reasons.

The Captain
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
if he wants the ability to adjust vtec and pass emissions, then he can get a vafc. If he wants to actually be able to tune the car, there is no other option then getting an obd1 ecu.