PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Canada this weekend??

Nors
06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
If you are asking for what then most likely you are not going. I am arriving Saturday morning and have tickets for qualifiyng and the GP. Hope everything goes smooth since I've never been there before. In other news I am quite pumped :-)

TROLL
06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
I am real jealous. I was in Montreal a couple weeks ago for a friends bachelor party... it was so fun and I kept hearing about how crazy the GP is...
How far in advance did you book your hotel, get tickets, etc?
You should also go check out Wanda's while you're there :wink: I've never seen so many ridiculously hot girls in my life...

teh DIRT
06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
lets just go bryan....screw jobs and life. i want to go.

Nors
06-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I am real jealous. I was in Montreal a couple weeks ago for a friends bachelor party... it was so fun and I kept hearing about how crazy the GP is...
How far in advance did you book your hotel, get tickets, etc?
You should also go check out Wanda's while you're there :wink: I've never seen so many ridiculously hot girls in my life...

Thats hilarious you mentioned Wandas, my friend was there for his bachleors party last year, all dimes, but I heard it was $$$$$.

As for the hotel, booked it Friday, tickets last tuesday. There's not that big of a rush, but I got general admission, so thats probably why. 3 Day(practice, qualifying, and the GP plus any other races they are having F3, etc) General admission x 3 was like $330CAD, not sure what it is in USD, I'll let my CC company figure it out haha.

S4toSTI
06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah it isn't that expensive for general admission but thats rough for a good seat i have heard.

Oh and tickets are now off sale from what i have seen.

TROLL
06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Exchange rate is about 1 to 1... if anything the CAD will be slightly stronger. We had exchange rates of 1 USD = .98 or .99 CAD a couple weeks ago.

Wandas really wasn't that expensive... throw the doorman a few bucks per person, then just chill. Drinks are like $8+ so don't go in there too thirsty, but you really can just chill after that if you want, or dances at your table are $8 a song which is cheap even though they make sure to sneak in at least a few at a time. Thats about it... not gonna say some of my buddies didn't go in there and drop $100+, but you definitely don't have to. Oh, and there's a cute redhead in there who's all into cars... haha that would be ridiculous if you ran into her and told her you were on TST and that your buddy Bryan was there a couple weeks ago on her first night. I told her to check out the forum but she didn't have any pockets to hold onto a flyer :-p

And I'm shocked that you could set it all up so late... I wish I knew that a few weeks ago, I would have gone myself... well I'm definitely planning to go next year.
Take a million pics of everything, give me the tour of it all so I can see what its like. Have a good time!

Wait, it was $330 for one 3-day ticket or for three 3-day tickets?

Nors
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I just checked the exchange rate, its like 96 cents or something, which I can deal with.
3 Tickets, all of which are 3 day passes (had to think that one out so it made sense). I plan on pictures galore but I am no photographer and only have a point and shoot. I heard the cars sound wild in person so I might be quite distracted. Either way, a thread will be made w/ pictures of broads and blurrs that resemble cars.

*eyes peeled for redhead*

I will be going next year as well, unless of course USGP comes back then it will be a tough choice on which one to go to!
Also, next time I won't set it up so late, I am pretty sure I got lucky or something.

Troll, did your ATM card/cell phone work?

EvlEgl
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Sounds Fun wish I could go as well.

TROLL
06-03-2008, 10:51 AM
yeah there were 9 of us up there and everyones ATM cards worked at 90% of the places so you shouldnt have trouble with that.

cell phones also worked but they're roaming so calls are pretty expensive... it was 80 cents / minute for me and texts are more expensive too but still reasonable enough to use if you have to.

Nors
06-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Good info, I never been to CA before, can I pay with cash (USD) or do I need to get my money converted? Probably a stupid question since I am pretty sure I know the answer :(

TROLL
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Eh some places take USD but not all so you should plan on converting some money when you get there. The money changing place I went to had a .99 conversion rate but they also had a flat $3 fee per transaction, so my $100 USD turned into $96 CAD.
ATMs also charge a fee and my bank actually hit me for a conversion charge as well, so its really a tossup which way you go.
I believe that using a credit card will give you a competitive exchange rate without any fees, so thats always a good option.

4g64FTL
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Mannn your lucky! To bad rent to own does rent out dslr cameras lol I telephoto lens on one could get some NICE pics. Have fun take lots of pics at wandas I mean.. the GP....

TROLL
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh and we ate at some great places too... this restaurant called Reubens was bangin... its a chain but it was nicer than your average and all the food was really good. I think there are 2 different Reubens on Ste. Catherine Street... go to the one thats on the ground level and is a large restaurant with a bar (not the one thats down a flight of stairs and looks more like a Friendly's).

Also, you probably wont have time but thats where we played paintball too and it was badass... I posted a couple pics in the What Do You Look Like thread. The place was a few miles outside of center city and it was called Action 500.

Nors
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Haha, won't be playing paintball for sure. But thanks for the heads up. Will most likely check out rubens. I wish tomorrow was Friday. :)

99blazer
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Did you guys drive there or fly? If you drove did you need your passport?

Nors
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah you need a passport whether you drive or fly. AFAIK anyways. I got mine in exactly 1 week, without a rush on it. I got lucky I think, because I waited until like May 7th to apply.

99blazer
06-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Ok thanks i have a passport its just out of date.

Nors
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Wanted to update with..

1. Weekend was awesome
2. Sunburn not so awesome
3. I need to let professionals stick to photography
4. Canada has a billion hot girls, most commonly in the forms of track marshals, police, and jailbait
5. Watching a badger get hit by 6-7 IMSA GT3 porsches and scraped off the track by a hottie with a shovel was an interesting part of the weekend

... And on that note no pics worth uploading, maybe for a couple laughs but not for viewing F1 cars.