PDA

View Full Version : Playground of the rich and famous... (Monaco GP Spoilers)

Nors
05-23-2008, 05:29 PM
So round 6 brings us to Monaco

Lewis proves to be strong in practice 2, but I am looking out for Nico.

Should be a fantastic race, but I looking forward to Qualifying (saturday morning on Speed).

Just wish I had SpeedHD

Also, before the race Speed is airing a GP2 race @ 6 AM. Set your DVR!

piknockout
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Just got done watching qualifying. After a slow start in the first couple of races, Ferrari is kicking @ss. Massa and Raikonen on the front row, with Mercedes McClaren in the second row. Can't wait to watch tomorrow. :wink:

Nors
05-24-2008, 12:25 PM
yep. Glad coulthard is okay, looked like his wheel hit him in the head. I was hoping Nico would do better but I believe his car is simply not up to the cars of the juggernauts. 80% chance for rain, should make for a hell of a race.

piknockout
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Wow, what a race. Hamilton taking the win and the overall championship lead after Raikonen slams into Sutil. Gotta feel REALLY bad for Sutil though, in 4th place with 10 minutes left in the race, and then getting taken out by Raikonen. But that leaves him with no points at Monaco and in second for the championship, with Massa and Kubica not far behind. Good to see Kubica taking second as well. Definitely an absolute blast to watch. :mrgreen:

Nors
05-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Awesome race. Anyone who says F1 is boring is simply wrong. Funny to see P Diddy there @ the end. I'm glad lewis one, and quite disappointed in Rosberg, he had a tough race though. The amount of front wing changes and pits in general made for a great show. Alonso showed his ignorance trying to pass at the hairpin, but I expect such stupid moves from him. Definitely ashame for Sutil, but as Varsha pointed out, he will be looked at differently for the rest of the season, moving 14 spots on the grid at Monaco is very hard.
I hope Kimi gets a grid penalty for Canada, but since we all know what FIA really stands for (Ferrari International Assistance) I doubt we will see it.

piknockout
05-25-2008, 02:07 PM
True, but I do hope Kimi gets penalized. Had the caution not happened though, Kimi wouldn't have even been close. And great that Hamilton finished strong, but again before the caution he had a 40 second lead! :eek:

Go Mclaren Mercedes! :D

Nors
05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, to think I was doubting mclarens ability when felipe began pulling on them early. Even with a 3rd place finish on the podium Felipe looks like hes got a sandy vag.

Nors
05-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Quote from Kimi..

Kimi Raikkonen
“A very poor race for me, right from the off. There was a problem with a wheel before the start and we broke the rules, which meant I was given a drive-through penalty. During the race, my main problem was trying to get the tyres to work as well as possible. Then we decided to change the strategy as we expected it to rain again, but it didn’t happen. Twice I had to change the nose after breaking the front wing. So, as you can see, a long run of things going wrong which explains the 0 points. I am sorry for Sutil, who I hit with just a few laps to go. I lost control of the car under braking coming out of the tunnel and I could do nothing to avoid him. It’s a shame how things went today, as we had the potential to do well. It’s true that I’ve lost the championship lead, but I always said the championship would be a very long one. Now we must prepare as well as possible for Canada where we will try to make up for this disappointment.”

Also, the Stewards just determined no penalty will be given to Kimi.

Found a vid of Nico's crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9YW_WqZZCI

Full Boost
05-25-2008, 09:54 PM
What a great race. Funny to see how the forecasters were expecting rain and everyone put on the dry tires.Then the rain never came.

piknockout
05-26-2008, 10:46 AM
No joke, looks like the F1 engineers should be weathermen on the side. :wink:

Oh and one more thing I forgot, Sebastian Vettel in 5th. WTF? At least he's finished a couple of races, poor guy couldn't make it out of the first lap for a few races. :mrgreen:

Nors
05-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Each team has their own meteorologist (well the ballin' teams do) so they must be paying them more then FOM was haha

olmytsi
05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Great race yesterday!!!!!!!

ozthunder
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Kimi finished 9th yet is only 3 pts out of the lead. It's not over till it's over, and Ferrari is still the strongest team IMHO.

piknockout
05-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Nobody said it's over, but it does make things very interesting for the rest of the year. Should continue to be an exciting season. :wink:

CherryBomb
05-27-2008, 08:51 AM
That is always my favorite race of the year to watch. This year was no exception; it was a nail-biter till the end. I actually got my girl to watch the whole thing with me and she really got into it.

ozthunder
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't know..this is probably the only really really good race Hamilton has had, and I don't see the shift in momentum at all, especially considering how finnicky Monaco is historically.

Nors
05-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Just ordered my tickets for the Canadian GP!!