PDA

View Full Version : Looking: for someone who can help boost my car...

twastheglow
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
...and by boost, I mean turbo...not steal. Anyone with experience willing to help out would be great. I live in Binghamton, NY but would be willing to drive someplace if needed (although I have a full garage at my disposal (minus lift)). Any thoughts?
*mike*

twastheglow
05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
PS...I would certainly be providing lunch/dinner/beer...all the necessities of a growing mechanic.
*mike*

CleanNeon98
05-01-2008, 06:49 PM
id love to help, but you are way far

twastheglow
05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
How far is far?
*mike*

twastheglow
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Come on peeps! Help a sucka out.
*mike*

Girly VR-4
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
You're more than welcome to drive down here to PA, and my boyfriend can do it in his shop :-p

aside from that, I don't know anyone in the binghampton area that could help you out :(

twastheglow
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow...that's really gracious of you. For real! Thank you. I'm definately interested. As long as he's ok with me helping. I wanted to have a hand in it, not just "hire" someone to do it. How much would he charge me to do it? I was looking @ the beginning of June. I wouldn't mind driving. I would probably need to get a motel room. Other than that, it sounds good to me.
*mike*

Girly VR-4
05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow...that's really gracious of you. For real! Thank you. I'm definately interested. As long as he's ok with me helping. I wanted to have a hand in it, not just "hire" someone to do it. How much would he charge me to do it? I was looking @ the beginning of June. I wouldn't mind driving. I would probably need to get a motel room. Other than that, it sounds good to me.
*mike*

I don't know as far as you helping, for insurance reasons. But shoot him a PM, and maybe you two can work something out :)

His username is Hans_GZP. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for a PM from you :) He's got a dyno to, so, he can probably do a before and after dyno! It'd be pretty cool to see how much hp you gain :-p

assault187
05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
what kinda kit you got to throw on this thing? FMIC, Turbo mani, turbo, oil lines, injectors, somthing for fuel settings, fuel pump....

twastheglow
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't know as far as you helping, for insurance reasons. But shoot him a PM, and maybe you two can work something out :)

His username is Hans_GZP. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for a PM from you :) He's got a dyno to, so, he can probably do a before and after dyno! It'd be pretty cool to see how much hp you gain :-p

Oh...got ya. I'll send him a PM and see what's up. Again, thanks for the info. :wink:
*mike*

twastheglow
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
what kinda kit you got to throw on this thing? FMIC, Turbo mani, turbo, oil lines, injectors, somthing for fuel settings, fuel pump....

Turbo, manifold, dp, oil & coolant lines, fmic + all piping, rom tuned ecu, AEM Tru Boost/Uego wideband, Z32 MAF, BOV. I'm pretty sure that all covers it.
*mike*

twastheglow
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
^ Oh...and injectors.
*mike*

twastheglow
05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Come on...I know there are guys out there who do this kind of stuff in their driveway probably half asleep. This is just the 1st time I've done this kind of work and I just want a watchful eye over me and help me out.
*mike*

twastheglow
05-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Are the only people who've look at this thread N/A? :(
*mike*

[sr20]sean
05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
wheres binghamton?

twastheglow
05-10-2008, 12:24 PM
^ http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Binghamton+ny/

But like I said, I can travel.
*mike*

04 Turbo Spec
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Iv done a couple kits, one being a 240. i could lend a hand, but im not driving to NY. i have my shop in Pa, PM if your interested.

[sr20]sean
05-11-2008, 01:23 AM
^ http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Binghamton+ny/

But like I said, I can travel.
*mike*

ohh so like 3 hrs away
too far for me

and i dont have a garage i do all my work in the driveway

good luck with the install man

katillidie
05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
HA ALL U GUYS SUCK... help a brother out...ok twastheglow if u are stilllookin for help and u can help out with gas and a plcce to crash i will help u knock it out in a weekend done it numerous times in my own and friends driveways... so shoot me a PM or give me a ring 215 882 0431 my name is nick

ADDICTED2RPMS
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
bump someone help this man out pls...

KrazyHouseCustoms
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM
We can always do it for you ;)

alwaysinboost
05-23-2008, 12:14 PM
why not just have RT/Tuning do it, that way you know it will be done right. www.rttuning.com

twastheglow
05-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Because I've done all the work on my car (minus the engine build/install) and it kills my soul a little to have to shell out well over a grand for a turbo install when this is something I know I could do myself with a little bit of help. But thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.
*mike*

twastheglow
08-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I know this is an old thread, but now that I have everything installed in my car, I'm having issues I just can't seem to figure out. I was wondering if there is anyone who has KA-T experience that could help me out? I live in Endicott, NY (13760). Anyone interested in helping me get this thing running properly? I would obviously be providing food/beer. :)

twastheglow
08-16-2008, 12:19 PM
We can always do it for you ;)

why not just have RT/Tuning do it, that way you know it will be done right. www.rttuning.com

If it was drivable, I would certainly be interested in doing that. However, it's not in the best shape right now and barely made a 5 mile trip back to my house.

dturbocivic
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM
what type of issue(s) are you having.

give us the symptoms, we can give you pointers.

twastheglow
08-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I've been getting advice from people on here since Monday night. (starting @ post 57 I believe) http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59132&page=3 Everytime I fix a problem, 3 more sprout up. Now I just don't know what to do. Tonight I'm going to check my timing with a timing gun, check the spark plugs for any fouling and go from there I guess.