PDA

View Full Version : UPDATEHoly crap im goin to Laguna Seca!!!!!UPDATE

NOPSTNS
04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
im moving to los angeles on may 16th and on may16-18th is the monterey festival of speed at laguna seca!

as luck would have it, the Rolex DP and GT cars will be racing on that saturday!

i so got myself a ticket (before i looked up directions) and am set to go for saturday! tickets for grand am are cheap! it was 35 bucks!

see i got a new job working for tri point engineering and i was bummed id be moving away b4 i got to go to lime rock and watch the rolex gt and speed world challenge cars race.....turns out, ill be gettin even better deal, ill see the rolex cars at LAGUNA SECA! mazda's own track!

how sweet is that?!

only downside is its 5 hours away from los angeles....o well?!

just today i had a car carrier come and take my rx8 and they r shippin it to LA for me. when i get off the plane the rx8 will be at tri point waitin for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone ever been to laguna seca? this will be my first time there...

den9
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
i wanna go there for the last alms race of the year

landshark
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
with a show of hands, who hates this guy now? lol. i have always want to go out there. i will say im very jealous! any room in a bag or something??

alwaysinboost
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
:raises hand:

CHAOS
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
im seriously ****ing jealous.

lownslow95
05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Lucky.

RayArroyo
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM
been to laguna seca 2x for the american lemans seires, its an awesome time, wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing alot of walking. may want to pack some water too. there is a huge hill you will need to climb in order to get to the cork screw but its such an awesome site once you are up there.

drink lots of cabo you will see lil booths of cabo through out the track

BradC
05-01-2008, 12:57 PM
:hand up:

sherwood
05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
i got all excited cuz i thought u were gonna say laguna beach! FAIL!!!

Vypurr
05-01-2008, 02:06 PM
FAIL?!?!? Super uber not fail!!!

NOPSTNS
05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
well im gonna be living in los angeles and laguna beach is just south east of there, so, yeah.

cabo? whatever it is ill be sure to get some.
and im gonna be taking video of the race, ive heard these cars on tv and youtube and they sound insane, i can only bet they are twice as crazy in person.

i got a paddock pass too so ill be sure to be haunting the mazda rx8 section.....takin shots of that nasty 425 hp 3 rotor!!!!

Vypurr
05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Cabo Wabo?

http://www.tequilasource.com/cabowabo/pics/cabo-wabo-blanco_07_r2.jpg

Snoozie
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
omg Frank, best Tequilla ever! Can I come visit some time? It will be strictly platonic, so dont get any ideas. And lets be honest, I'd be going for the beach not to see you. hahahhaha :o

NOPSTNS
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
they sellin tequilla at the track? um, what?

It will be strictly platonic, so dont get any ideas. . hahahhaha :o

ahha wtf, like im on the prowl for my friends GF's 24/7 or something?!

u can come but dont bring the dog!!!!!!!

BMS
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
that sick that you are working for tri-point. what exactly are you doing for them, are you just a mechanic or are you going to be an engineer and develop parts and cars for them. Also how did you get that job it so sick. can you hook me up with some sick parts for my 8. oh yeah congratulations on the job. This is probably a dream job for a Mazda nut like your self, going to test any of there race cars lol

DPancoast
05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
as man that's awesome! I love racing laguna seca on forza 2! Haha... Lucky. Take lots of pics!

RayArroyo
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
they sellin tequilla at the track? um, what?

yes they do :)

NOPSTNS
05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
update, i went and it was awesome, took over 200 pics and like 30 vids. the three rotor rx8s sound INSANE. my avi is one of the pics i took. i didnt see any cabo or whatev. and ray turbotek is right, its the biggest hill of all time to see the corkscrew. scott b, im doin the rotary engine building/porting/ tuning for them. i start tomorrow and my first job is already waitin for me, a first gen rx7 12a that needs a rebuild....im so excited, this is the perfect job for a mazda nerd, u said it urself! haha

i wanna post the laguna pics but cant put in attachments bc they r HUGE....ill work it out later, but for now im so swamped with stuff goin on since i moved to cali i dont have a lot of time to sit and upload stuff, but its coming soon...i really wanna get the vids i got of the rx8s rippin down the main straight...they sound incredible...!

Kevin
05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I read in SCC that Laguna Seca has strict decibel regulations because of surrounding neighbors? That **** sucks.

Glad your livin' the dream.

den9
05-19-2008, 01:28 AM
been to laguna seca 2x for the american lemans seires, its an awesome time, wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing alot of walking. may want to pack some water too. there is a huge hill you will need to climb in order to get to the cork screw but its such an awesome site once you are up there.

drink lots of cabo you will see lil booths of cabo through out the track

i always wanted to go the laguna seca for american lemans, the 2 best tracks they race are the opening and closing races of the season, i been to sebring so far for american lemans, u ever go there?

BMS
05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
ok im going to need one an race engines for my 8 can you hook me up with the right price lol JK but one day i might just call up and get one, when my dad sees there potential