PDA

View Full Version : Work in the Lehigh Valley (or within commuting distance of the valley)?

Ender81
04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok people if you work in the Lehigh Valley I need you to take two seconds and see if there are any IT Oppurtunities at your company. I'm out of work as of May 9th or the end of May at the latest. Below is a short description of what I do and have done. Need my resume let me know and I will get it to you (provide an e-mail address for me to send it to).

WHO I AM:
An enthusiastic, customer-oriented technologist who enjoys working with people as much as working with computers. A quick learner, committed to constant improvement, who thrives in an organization that challenges, develops, and rewards their high-performing employees.

• A proven track record of quality customer and technology support involving:
SAP/DB2 Mainframes and SQL including CRM, BW, GTS, and R3
Veritas NetBackup
UC4 Global Scheduler and Remedy Action Request Systems
Mac, Dell, NEC, HP, Fujitsu, Compaq desktop and PDA hardware
Mac and Windows Operating Systems
Microsoft Office Suite, Exchange, and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Established customer service skills
• Currently studying for CCNA certification

Where I've been for the past 4+ years
AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS, INC., Allentown, Pennsylvania 2004-Present
International Supplier of Chemicals, Gases, and Technology for the Government and Private Industries

Lead IT Tech: Employee until 3/07, Contractor with Kelly IT in the same position since that time

In response to team support needs, took the initiative in training new and existing teammates in operations support processes. Willing volunteer for assisting with major outages, emergencies, and staff shortages. Dedicated to ongoing self-development through internal and external training classes in communications, information systems management, and continuous improvement methodologies. Responsible for monitoring batch jobs, backups, and network connectivity in a 24/7 data center. Escalate network problems and system job failures to the appropriate teams, as needed. Track resolution through completion and report on outcome. Manage services in SAP environments to prepare servers for maintenance. Actively create and modify documentation for new and existing processes and landings. Most recently participated in the design and implementation of a new system to track incidents, tasks and issues across multiple shifts globally.

Thanks for the help everyone.

underpressure02
04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Are you interested in consulting? It would require 100% travel but if you like that it has it perks.

Ender81
04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you interested in consulting? It would require 100% travel but if you like that it has it perks.

It would depend on the type of consulting but right now I am looking into anything that comes my way lol.

PUREKDM
04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
i would say a job at T-Mobile at the call center would be good...they start at VERY good wages and you can go up very easily too...

driftingrx5.7
04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
if your willing to go to NJ i mean deep in nj right before ny my moms company is looking for a tech person, i can't do it no way would i want to see my moms face 5 days a week since i have been out the house for 8 years :D

Ender81
04-10-2008, 12:37 PM
i would say a job at T-Mobile at the call center would be good...they start at VERY good wages and you can go up very easily too...

I applied for some tech job there last week, as for the call center I had a friend who works there (pretty sure she still does) and for the starting it would be too large a pay cut for me (not in the ****y way but in the I need to pay my bills way lol)

Shawn, where in Jersey does your mom work?

driftingrx5.7
04-11-2008, 01:07 AM
my mom works in a hospitol at englewood NJ ( i think i spelled it right)

Ender81
04-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Wow you weren't kidding that is a while into Jersey....we'll see how desperate I get hahaha.

05GT
04-11-2008, 09:41 PM
So around how much are you looking to get starting at a company?

Ender81
04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
So around how much are you looking to get starting at a company?

Well I am negotiable based on the position, comapny, benefits, room to move up, company perks etc...

Ender81
05-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Bumping this up since I did get a new job but I am still looking.