PDA

View Full Version : Apexi SAFC (1?)

240_fun
04-08-2008, 09:47 PM
so I have this SAFC laying around but I dont know how to install it on my 240sx(KA)
I dont even know if I can because I dont have a MAP.

Here is a link to the picture
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/safc/afc1.jpg

If anyone has ever installed one on any car I would love to talk and find out what wires do what and If there is anyway to use it on my KA.

I have searched but I havent been able to find out ANY info on this generation of SAFC

97TurboDSM
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
what the hell is that thing

Boosted08
04-09-2008, 12:11 AM
there should be wiring instructions on apexi's website. Ive wired one up you have to hack up the engine harness which isnt great and its time consuming. I put one on my old integra and they actually have an adapter so you didnt have to hack the harness kind of like a plug n play you should see if they have one for your harness. Why did you get one tho? Usually its for a not so stock car kind of like a cheap way to tune the car but doesnt do all around tuning. If your not boosted and just running a ka motor with bolt on i wouldn't suggest installing this, it can adjust the air fuel ratio but like i said if you just have bolt ons there is no need for this at all so sell it and make some money

MKIIISUPRA
04-09-2008, 02:14 AM
I can assure you, thats not SAFC-1

Thats very old unit, probably early 90's. If you notice the controls are very similar to the old HKS styles for VPC and such. I would suggest shooting Apexi and email for a link to an install file b/c i don't see one on their website

240_fun
04-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Why did you get one tho? Usually its for a not so stock car kind of like a cheap way to tune the car but doesnt do all around tuning. If your not boosted and just running a ka motor with bolt on i wouldn't suggest installing this, it can adjust the air fuel ratio but like i said if you just have bolt ons there is no need for this at all so sell it and make some money

I just saw it cheap a while back when i was planning my turbo kit
I have since lost the money to be able to do that.
I was considering maybe running 370cc SR injectors after i made a few other upgrades to my car (possible SC) and was just curious as to how i would go about installing this.
Before I started with the project i wanted to make sure what i have worked for my application

Boosted08
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
if you plan on doing some sort of forced induction this may be useful but i would still recomend a real tune from a tuner something like neptune, or another brand to get the car tuned. The apexi doesn't really cover all the areas it should for proper tuning.

lasthope05
04-10-2008, 04:34 AM
I can assure you, thats not SAFC-1

Thats very old unit, probably early 90's. If you notice the controls are very similar to the old HKS styles for VPC and such. I would suggest shooting Apexi and email for a link to an install file b/c i don't see one on their website

That is the original afc unit before the versions with the screen.