PDA

View Full Version : 13.3 @ 102mph '05 Subaru Legacy GT

j.reed
09-08-2005, 02:02 AM
13.3 @ 102mph (see timeslip attached)
Previous personal fastest: 14.6
Previous car's fastest: 13.9

I have a partially ported exaust manifold, Perrin uppipe (heat wrapped), K&N, AccessPort Stg 1 93oct, Kartboy Short Shifter with front bushings, intake resonator removed.

Car 102 was a newer 350Z and 201 was a SHO Contour(?)

My 13.7 run was due to tire spin at the launch. I had staged in the burnout box in the water as an experiment and it was obviously a bad idea.

I iced my intercooler. I loaded it up on ice while in the lanes. The first run I left a bunch on and RFoy91TSI behind me get yelled at for it. The second run I let it melt before my run and the 3rd run I removed nearly all of it before my run.

The K&N is a drop in.

I also had a full tank of gas, spare, and 14lbs of ice in a cooler in the trunk.

The heat wrapped uppipe really lowered underhood temps.

http://www.jreednet.com/cars/lgt/drag/09.07.05_time_slips.jpg

Silver04STi
09-08-2005, 02:16 AM
What were you launching at? You might hit a 13.0-13.1 if you get rid of the spare, 1/4 tank of gas and empty trunk.

j.reed
09-08-2005, 02:18 AM
What were you launching at? You might hit a 13.0-13.1 if you get rid of the spare, 1/4 tank of gas and empty trunk.

Pretty high. I just let it go as high as I felt comfortable and I didn't feel that I'd spin 'em.

I could probably do a 13.2 with just some better shifting. I still have two more cats that can come off or become high flow.

Silver04STi
09-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Overall impressive times. I know the guy with the 350Z you where running against, he got his personal best too that night

TROLL
09-08-2005, 02:55 AM
wow i havent heard much about 1/4 times in the legacies but that sounds really good to me. free up the flow in that exhaust and you'll be home free!
bryan

Gorilla Unit 33
09-08-2005, 05:34 AM
yeah same here but that is really an impressive time for how big and bulky the new ones look. good times man keep it up

bad360rt
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Nice job! I saw you there and I was wondering what kind of times you were running, very nice.

teh DIRT
09-08-2005, 10:57 AM
thats it. im taking my parents legacy to the track.

j.reed
09-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Nice job! I saw you there and I was wondering what kind of times you were running, very nice.

Yea, your truck was the only one that Ralph and I looked at that night. We would have talked but you weren't around. I saw your time posted, I wish I was able to see your run.

bad360rt
09-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Yea, your truck was the only one that Ralph and I looked at that night. We would have talked but you weren't around. I saw your time posted, I wish I was able to see your run.
I was hanging out with some guys that were always up in the front of the staging lanes. I have a meet next month that I should be able to get some good videos from, I'll post 'em up. I might hit up Atco again before then, if I can get my fuel issue fixed.

UnderPoweredRS
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
nice driving Jay! I told you the car felt much faster.

naSTI
09-09-2005, 02:06 PM
thats it. im taking my parents legacy to the track.

LOL! Is it manual or auto?

IMPREZvWRX
09-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hey, this needs to be put in the timeslip registry....

capaGC8
09-10-2005, 01:57 AM
nice times - now imagine if you had a custom tune and full exhaust... you'd see high 12's easy.

its not that i dont like the APs - it's that the maps are very conservative.

j.reed
09-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Atco ahhhhh the track prep there is second to none!!

What?

Now with permanant race numbers: 5647!
http://www.jreednet.com/cars/lgt/drag/09.09.05_time_slip.jpg

Eh, a bit slower, I was hoping to go a bit faster, 13.2. And I launched with the rpm needle sticking about 7 degrees off vertical to the right. I do burnouts prior to staging by dumping just before redline. I get no slippage and the tires easily break loose. (They're wet from water at that point) I doubt my clutch is going to go anytime soon.

At least I know for sure my car is a 13.3.

I'm still working out the best shifting rpm. I tried shifting at what everyone recommended and I went slower. If I do it at the red line printed on the tach, I get my 13.3s. The AccessPort raised the limiter, so I believe we're supposed to use what we were given.

I had a full tank of gas again. I'd like to have it down to a quarter next time.

j.reed
09-10-2005, 01:59 AM
nice times - now imagine if you had a custom tune and full exhaust... you'd see high 12's easy.

its not that i dont like the APs - it's that the maps are very conservative.

I don't have the money for a custom tune, thats why the AP was the way to go. Its also really easy as I'm a beginner at this. Eventually I'd like a custom tune and/or the StreetTuner software and do it myself.

Plus some shops are coming out with their own maps and their own APs preloaded with their maps. I'm sure they'll be at least a bit better.

capaGC8
09-10-2005, 02:15 AM
the AP is definitely a great option - not taking anything away from your driving either.

streettuner would probably be a better bet than someone else's maps though. the only reason cobb's maps are conservative is to provide the best performance while avoiding overboosting, high egt's, and other bad situations...

stick with the AP until you have enough for a custom map, whether it's your's or a pro's.

i love LGTs - best of both worlds IMO.

DomZ
09-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Man, your car is crazy fast. I was the 350Z that you ran. Thanks for uploading the slips...I had people questioning me on my times on the Z boards and I couldn't get my scanner hooked up to the computer. You should bring your car up sometime to a CI meet.

the mike
09-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Dom, have I seen your car at Cherry Hill? I have the white wagon that shows up every now and then...

Nice time's man, that would bee a sick 12 second car. Sleeper!!

Silver04STi
09-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Dom, have I seen your car at Cherry Hill? I have the white wagon that shows up every now and then...

Nice time's man, that would bee a sick 12 second car. Sleeper!!

He's the same one. I actually told him about the thread tonight at the CI meet.

Gdog5752
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
those are nice times. I love the new GT's. They run great at the track and are a blast to watch. Wish I could hit those times.

j.reed
09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Whats this about Cherry Hill and whats a CI meet?

DomZ: I didn't think I'd beat you on the 2nd run we had. I won both of them if you take into account my kick arse r/t (.018) on that run! :P

edit: I love when people that I raced against or saw me at the track post, it makes me enjoy my car so much more that someone actually noticed!

IMPREZvWRX
09-14-2005, 10:39 PM

CI = Controlled Insanity, which isn't very controlled as they're quite popular on CHT's radios.

sleeperstyle
09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
about what do the auto 2.5gt's run? my brother has one (05) and i've been trying to get him to boost launch it (press brake, press gas, wait till it builds boost and tries to push through the brakes then let the brake go!). seems quick just driving around, luxury too.

DomZ
09-15-2005, 09:51 AM
CI = Controlled Insanity, which isn't very controlled as they're quite popular on CHT's radios.

Nah, they like us believe it or not. We're moving our spot though so stay tuned.

DomZ
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM

DomZ: I didn't think I'd beat you on the 2nd run we had. I won both of them if you take into account my kick arse r/t (.018) on that run! :P

edit: I love when people that I raced against or saw me at the track post, it makes me enjoy my car so much more that someone actually noticed!

Ok, so I saw a Subaru Legacy...we launched, I was well into 3rd and I still saw a Subaru Legacy. Definately made me look twice. Your car is sick dude keep up the good work.

the mike
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
The CI meets I have been to have been OK. The cruise to Toms River, different story. :devil:

IMPREZvWRX
09-15-2005, 09:29 PM
The early ones (from the stories they told on the LS1 boards) were on the wild side. Perhaps they toned it down a little since then...but they are being watched.

Master Mitsubishi
09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
cops dont watch us you just think that cuz they know us there is a difference

Orbit
09-23-2005, 11:34 PM
wow, i really like the way the Subaru Legacy looks. didnt know i could like the performance too. good job man !

Silver04STi
09-24-2005, 01:16 AM
I hope to get my LGT down to those times. I am starting to like the AP more and more.

Orbit
09-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Ihave been raving about the AP since I got it. there maps seem right on !
and congradulations on your new legacy too.

I hope to get my LGT down to those times. I am starting to like the AP more and more.