RayArroyo
09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
just some critisism

smoger
09-07-2005, 11:03 PM
i concur

xEJ20x
09-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I think Troll should break it into sections like the old one.

TROLL
09-08-2005, 01:34 AM
i wish the vendors would have responded to the lengthy PM i sent all of them over a week before making the change. i let everyone know what i was planning to do and was looking for feedback, but didnt get a single response unfortunately.
regardless, this forum setup is much more successful on many other forums... part of the reason this change was made is that a good percentage of the vendors here just want a banner and really arent interested in a regular dialogue with their customers through the forum. they want to be contacted through their site or via phone, but dont have the time ot be on many different forums regularly.
the only difference is that when starting a new post a vendor will just enter their business name into the start of the thread and then it'll be quite easy to find...
although the current form is a bit scattered, i am confident that this will be better in the long run.
bryan

TROLL
09-08-2005, 01:46 AM
for an example of how thread titles should be written out see the vendor section here because i just changed every thread on the first page... http://tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47
and for future reference, telling me something on the forum sucks is not constructive criticism. i'll do everything i can to keep the vendors happy here, but i ask that you show a little respect or at the very least PM me instead of posting.
bryan
edit: Ray@RevItUp please check your PMs... also waiting to hear back from Car Pretty and CNFX in case you see this here.

MuddyREX
09-08-2005, 10:28 AM
The new layout is what I see in almost every other forum I use. I think it's great.

RayArroyo
09-08-2005, 10:43 AM
for an example of how thread titles should be written out see the vendor section here because i just changed every thread on the first page... http://tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47
and for future reference, telling me something on the forum sucks is not constructive criticism. i'll do everything i can to keep the vendors happy here, but i ask that you show a little respect or at the very least PM me instead of posting.
bryan
edit: Ray@RevItUp please check your PMs... also waiting to hear back from Car Pretty and CNFX in case you see this here.

dont think i was attacking you this post was to let you know that i did not like the new set up and i was in no shape or form trying to attack you i was trying to give you constructive critisism and at the same time show a bit of humor , but i forgot this is the internet and things are read and taken the wrong way. its just even harder for me now to have read all the threads to make sure that i have answered every question.

cravej
09-09-2005, 11:31 AM
i was trying to give you constructive critisism and at the same time show a bit of humorWhat is constructive about saying it sucks? but i forgot this is the internet and things are read and taken the wrong way.They have the internet on computers now. :eek:

Shades of Gray
09-15-2005, 06:07 PM
i dont really like it either...and i wish i didnt miss the pm...i may have over looked it, and in that case...thats my fault.
So theres just no way of deviding up the section at all for those who prefer to have their own section??
Pm'ed you troll btw
thanks
ryan from Car Pretty

TROLL
09-15-2005, 06:28 PM
well the feedback i did get beforehand was that vendors wanted one unified vendor section. since i've made the change i've been getting all feedback that vendors would prefer seperate sections. i'm going to wait a little bit more to get everyones input but considering the situation i'm not opposed to splitting them all back up again.
bryan

99SL2_Modder
09-15-2005, 06:32 PM
well the feedback i did get beforehand was that vendors wanted one unified vendor section. since i've made the change i've been getting all feedback that vendors would prefer seperate sections. i'm going to wait a little bit more to get everyones input but considering the situation i'm not opposed to splitting them all back up again.
bryan

That's a good idea.

What about sub-forums for each vendor?

Maybe a feedback one, questions, and what's hot in the store? I dunno. Just throwing out some ideas.

I do think the feedback one is good though.

Then again, I'm not a vendor.

BlackBulletTSi
09-15-2005, 06:37 PM
That's a good idea.

What about sub-forums for each vendor?

Maybe a feedback one, questions, and what's hot in the store? I dunno. Just throwing out some ideas.

I do think the feedback one is good though.

Then again, I'm not a vendor.

This would cause the forum main page to be HUGE and we don't really wanna have a huge front page cause people are lazy and don't wanna go scrolling forever just to find a certain vendor. So I don't think this would be a good idea for that reason.

RayArroyo
09-22-2005, 09:33 AM
This would cause the forum main page to be HUGE and we don't really wanna have a huge front page cause people are lazy and don't wanna go scrolling forever just to find a certain vendor. So I don't think this would be a good idea for that reason. you drive a saturn

BlackBulletTSi
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
you drive a saturn

Yes I do and I'm proud of it! Where my parts?

99SL2_Modder
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
This would cause the forum main page to be HUGE and we don't really wanna have a huge front page cause people are lazy and don't wanna go scrolling forever just to find a certain vendor. So I don't think this would be a good idea for that reason.

No no, not on the main page.

Subforums are located inside that forum, so it would only be listed if you go into that vendors specific forum.

On Sale
10-12-2005, 06:03 PM
No no, not on the main page.

Subforums are located inside that forum, so it would only be listed if you go into that vendors specific forum.

thats what i tried to say, When you click on the Vendor Forums, have a list of forums inside that forum, a list of "sub-forum's" if you will. Then click on the Vendor of choice, and bam. They have their own forum, and the front page stays the same size. Its kinda like a folder in windows. haha.

Shades of Gray
10-12-2005, 06:04 PM
thats what i tried to say, When you click on the Vendor Forums, have a list of forums inside that forum, a list of "sub-forum's" if you will. Then click on the Vendor of choice, and bam. They have their own forum, and the front page stays the same size. Its kinda like a folder in windows. haha.

yea i still hate this set up...still hasnt changed

MuddyREX
10-12-2005, 08:35 PM

Someone's got a good idea. :supz:

KGParts
10-19-2005, 12:10 AM
to expand on that... usualy the vendor also becoms a mod of ONLY that section to delete threads and unwanted posts in "their" own sections. :wink:

TROLL
10-19-2005, 12:16 AM
thats something i'm looking into :)
bryan

Shades of Gray
10-19-2005, 08:38 AM
REALLY REALLY LIKE THE NEW SET UP...thanks!
Ryan