PDA

View Full Version : ::: Ask Insurance Questions Here :::

Jon@WrightAgency
03-07-2008, 04:09 PM
TST,

Id like to have this thread become a place where you can ask me any questions you may have related to insurance.

Obviously this will be dominated by Auto Insurance questions due to the nature of the forum but feel free to ask about your homeowners, boat, cycle, or renters policy here too.

So go ahead - the thread is yours - ask away and ill do my best to respond in a timely manner. :)

DISCLAIMER: This thread is by no means to be taken as anything more than a friendly chat about insurance. Any tips, advice, or knowledge shared in this thread is simply for the purposes of education and awareness. The Wright Agency and its employees will not be held liable for any of the content shared in this thread by either members of TST or those views expressed by The Wright Agency. Thank you.

05Accent
03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
well welcome to tst.

P_856
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
hey welcome to tst i was wonder is there any way for my parents to remove my name from my parents insurance policy without showing proof of insurance from another company, because if been driving for over 2 years now on and off because i go to to school and last year the insurance company added me in and they said they cant remove it, i havnet had a single accident or ticket either

Jon@WrightAgency
03-07-2008, 05:51 PM
hey welcome to tst i was wonder is there any way for my parents to remove my name from my parents insurance policy without showing proof of insurance from another company, because if been driving for over 2 years now on and off because i go to to school and last year the insurance company added me in and they said they cant remove it, i havnet had a single accident or ticket either

Thanks for your question.

I am not 100% sure i know what your asking, but if your talking about being taken off your parents policy because your going to college - that might not be the best move. The company/agency should just change your "Status" on the policy to "student in state", "student out of state", or something along those lines.

Here are few things to consider:

- Who owns the car your driving? (if you are taking one w/ you to school)
- Where is the car garaged most of the time? (at school or at parents home)

I hope that helps. Like i said, i am not totally clear on your question. If this isnt helping, give me a call on Monday at my office and well talk.

:wiggle:

assault187
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Welcome!

Question: I am on my parents insurance policy and have been for 5 or 6 years to keep my rates low. I own my car which is a 97 mitsu eclipse GST spyder, No accidents and 1 ticket 2 years ago which had no points. If I were to get my own policy, would my rates skyrocket? The car is drivin less the 5,000 miles a year. It also has a security system if it makes a difference.

One more thing.....Is there a policy that will cover what is invested in the car with proof of whats invested, Incase the car was ever stolen, vandalized or totaled?

Jon@WrightAgency
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome!

Question: I am on my parents insurance policy and have been for 5 or 6 years to keep my rates low. I own my car which is a 97 mitsu eclipse GST spyder, No accidents and 1 ticket 2 years ago which had no points. If I were to get my own policy, would my rates skyrocket? The car is drivin less the 5,000 miles a year. It also has a security system if it makes a difference.

Your rates might go up a tad but i wouldnt expect them to skyrocket. If youd like, shoot me an email and ill get you a quote and we can see what it turns out to be.

One more thing.....Is there a policy that will cover what is invested in the car with proof of whats invested, Incase the car was ever stolen, vandalized or totaled?

There is - and i can also quote you for that as well...:cool:

yellow2000S/R
03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Here's my question.

Is an accident with under $1,500 of damage total between both cars truly less harsh on your insurance price and possibly ignored on that price changing different than an accident with more than a $1,500 payout?

I talked to a lady at my previous insurance about this and she was being a bitch (she was getting ready to lock up like 20 minutes early and I just had a few quick questions). I was there with my parents and asked if the $1,500 rule is true or not because if you request insurance quotes, something around that range is optional to be selected.

Well we asked the lady if we could return the check for my damages and then just pay for my damages out of pocket and she said no and something similar happened to her son.

I just want to know if she was indeed being a bitch that day like myself and my parents think, and if I could have returned the check and basically had the accident brushed of my record. The other kid only had in the $500 range worth of damage (Tailgate and metal bumper for a 1989 Chevrolet Cheyenne truck).

Hell, the kid was trying to get an exhaust and blame transmission problems on the accident also (it was an automatic).

The accident happened a year ago yesterday... so its nothing new... Could I do something about this?

I'm paying around $790 every 6 months for liability only on a 96 Geo Tracker with Geico until I get my 240 on the road and I fear I'm going to get raped even more.

Sometimes I think insurance is a joke. You HAVE to have it, and I had EVERYTHING covered including aftermarket stuff. They included the CF hood and all in the extimate for this accident like they were supposed to.

But then when you need your insurance company... and pay extra to have collision coverage, you get screwed HARD.

Jon@WrightAgency
03-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Here's my question.

Is an accident with under $1,500 of damage total between both cars truly less harsh on your insurance price and possibly ignored on that price changing different than an accident with more than a $1,500 payout?

A lot depends on the company and the policy you have and a few other factors - but yes, companies do have specific dollar amounts that determine the surcharging of a policy or not.

If you want to talk about it more, give me a call or drop me an email and we can talk.

But you can see the logic there right? A $500 fender bender would obviously be looked at differently than a $5,000 accident. Therefore the company reacts differently depending upon the specific claim.

yellow2000S/R
03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
A lot depends on the company and the policy you have and a few other factors - but yes, companies do have specific dollar amounts that determine the surcharging of a policy or not.

If you want to talk about it more, give me a call or drop me an email and we can talk.

But you can see the logic there right? A $500 fender bender would obviously be looked at differently than a $5,000 accident. Therefore the company reacts differently depending upon the specific claim.

Yea, I understand that, but there was like $2,000 worth of damage to my car and $700 of that was my CF hood. I tried explaining to the lady but she seemed to be in a rush about getting her fat ass out of there and going home to sit on the couch and watch a Cooking / "Home" show.

I would have LOVED it if this could have been changed. I'd have cheaper insurance LOL

Jon@WrightAgency
03-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Yea, I understand that, but there was like $2,000 worth of damage to my car and $700 of that was my CF hood. I tried explaining to the lady but she seemed to be in a rush about getting her fat ass out of there and going home to sit on the couch and watch a Cooking / "Home" show.

I would have LOVED it if this could have been changed. I'd have cheaper insurance LOL

Well, having a car guy as your insurance agent has its benefits man :cool:

Give me a call and well see what you can do.....

ToTheIX's
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
yo buddy, how much would insurance on my quads run aprx....ive been meaning to get them covered but never have

Jon@WrightAgency
03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
yo buddy, how much would insurance on my quads run aprx....ive been meaning to get them covered but never have

Dustin, what up man? How are those seats? :mrgreen:

How many quads we talking about here? What kind? CC's? Who are the drivers? How are they stored?

Give me a holler and i can get you an exact quote. :thumbup:

Still Lost
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Can I get a quote for a black audi RS4 6-speed:mrgreen::devil::mrgreen:

Nors
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Okay this is a good time for this thread because I have been planning on adjusting my coverage.

I want to have a beater and a nice car for the summer. During oct-april the car will be garaged and never driven. Is it possible to not have it insured during these periods, or to have it on some minimal insurance covering natural disasters (like in case the garage collapses or something) possibly theft coverage but that won't be 100% necessary since it will be blocked in by 2-3 cars usually. The beater will need to be insured year round. I am 21 and on my moms policy as a primary driver if that affects anything.

D Money
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Can you insure cars in NJ? Also, if a car is completely modified and they keep all their receipts, will they be reimbursed for the parts as well if the car is stolen or totalled? Of course at a depriciated value that is...

Assume it's full coverage with comprehensive.

Thanks

Jon@WrightAgency
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Can I get a quote for a black audi RS4 6-speed:mrgreen::devil::mrgreen:

Im sorry, we dont insure matchbox cars Mike :cool:

Okay this is a good time for this thread because I have been planning on adjusting my coverage.

I want to have a beater and a nice car for the summer. During oct-april the car will be garaged and never driven. Is it possible to not have it insured during these periods, or to have it on some minimal insurance covering natural disasters (like in case the garage collapses or something) possibly theft coverage but that won't be 100% necessary since it will be blocked in by 2-3 cars usually. The beater will need to be insured year round. I am 21 and on my moms policy as a primary driver if that affects anything.

Check my other thread about "What info i need to get you a quote" and ill get right on it. A policy with a plesure use car and a primary driver is definately something we can do for you. Shoot me an email and well discuss. :mrgreen:

Can you insure cars in NJ? Also, if a car is completely modified and they keep all their receipts, will they be reimbursed for the parts as well if the car is stolen or totalled? Of course at a depriciated value that is...

Assume it's full coverage with comprehensive.

Thanks

I can insure cars in NJ but under one type of policy - and that requires you to own (not rent) a home and have at least one other vehicle on the policy. The policy will not only cover you in NJ but all the modifications you have done to your vehicle. Pictures will be needed - receipts will be needed as well - but the most important part of this special type of policy is when you place a value on your car. Say you have a WRX worth 50 grand (and the receipts to back it up) then the company will insure the car for that amount on an agreed value basis. The catch is, these policies are typically double (sometimes more) than a normal policy. So the old saying holds true, "you get what you pay for" :) If you have more questions about this and your situation in particular, send me an email and we can talk. This area is my specialty...

Thanks for the questions guys.....this thread will become a valuable tool as it continues to grow (and members know how to use the search function :mrgreen:)

Sincere
04-16-2008, 02:55 AM
I was told that anything that is performance related can not and will not be covered and they don't have add ons that would cover a perfomance modified car that is also a street driven car. Is this true?

Jon@WrightAgency
04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I was told that anything that is performance related can not and will not be covered and they don't have add ons that would cover a perfomance modified car that is also a street driven car. Is this true?

That is not true. I have a few options for modified street cars - shoot me an email with your specific quetions and specs on your car and we can work something out.

:supz:

Crashmaxx
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
What are your policys on high performance driving events like auto-x? Most companies want to drop you if they even hear you might do one. I wouldn't expect to be covered at the events, but it would be great to have a company that supports these and I don't have to hide them from.

Jon@WrightAgency
05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
What are your policys on high performance driving events like auto-x? Most companies want to drop you if they even hear you might do one. I wouldn't expect to be covered at the events, but it would be great to have a company that supports these and I don't have to hide them from.

Did you also email me? If so, i replied :cool:

If that wasnt you - and for others who may want to know - Most mainstream insurance companies will NOT cover your car during ANY type of track/racing event. Even Auto-X. Now there are a few companies that i know of (And work with) that provide coverage for this type of thing - but it really only makes sense (financially) if you are REALLY into it (15-20 events a season).

Shoot me an email if your intersted in learning more.....

CHAOS
05-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey Jon,

I am possibly looking to replace the STi. Could you give me an idea on what kind of cars i should be looking at to lower my insurance rate? I was thinking something along the lines of a entry level luxury sedan or sports sedan. Thanks.

Jon@WrightAgency
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey Jon,

I am possibly looking to replace the STi. Could you give me an idea on what kind of cars i should be looking at to lower my insurance rate? I was thinking something along the lines of a entry level luxury sedan or sports sedan. Thanks.

Jon,

Here is a good place to start --- http://www.iihs.org/ --- they have lots of good info on what cars are rated well for safety, etc....

After you have some ideas, shoot me an email and ill run a few numbers for you.

Good Luck,

Jon :-p