PDA

View Full Version : Appliance Repair

ThePrimerSuspect
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
anyone know how to fix appliances? my washer is acting up. first option was to empty a clip into it, but my roommate talked me out of it. i can fix it. thats not a problem, i just need to know why its doing what its doing. any help would be much appreciated.

poolmike
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
What is it doing/not doing? Define 'Acting up'?? I have done my share of appliance repair.

ThePrimerSuspect
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
since i got it, it always kept running water on the rinse cycle. no big deal i would just let it run for a while and click it over to spin. then it started draining all the water out on the initial wash cycle if you put clothes in before it was done filling. again no big deal i just waited til it would fill all the way up then start it. now it seems like its fine if you do one load, but then on the second load it will drain before its done filling.

my theory is that the stand pipe is too tall and there is water standing and keeping the valve (so called valve. all i see is a little rubber flapper) on the drain pump open. so i tried raising the pump up some. seemed to work, but then by the 3rd load it did the same thing. so now im lost. i have the wiring diagram for the washer, but i dont know what im really looking at inside the washer. i was told a few months ago that it was the timer, so $130 later and im still at square one.

poolmike
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
lemme think about it for a while. Kinda sounds like a busticated fretostatic cabobulator, or check valve. Are you certain that you wired the new timer properly?? I'll think about this one for a bit.

ThePrimerSuspect
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
yea the timer was just plug n play. the wiring diagram says theres a pressure sensor but i cant see it. i have the front cover off and from the looks of it its wired with the lid close switch, and the wires from that run to the back of the unit so i think im gonna have to pull the whole thing out. i wish i had money so i could just pay someone to do it for me!

poolmike
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
What you need to do is follow the wires with a multimeter and go thru the cycles, make it fail and see which switch is/isn't triggered....

OMGz Turbo
03-04-2008, 01:10 PM
ill ask my dad he owns his own appliance repair business

ThePrimerSuspect
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
What you need to do is follow the wires with a multimeter and go thru the cycles, make it fail and see which switch is/isn't triggered....

ill have to give that a shot. im leaning towards the pressure sensor/

dnasty2g
03-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Well since were talking bout it, my dryer has been acting up. Its been taking longer and longer to dry clothes. Now it takes two sometimes 3 full cycles to dry my laundry. Like it doesnt heat up enough or something.. Any suggestions on what it could be? Is it an easy fix??