PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Movie

~Brian~
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Alright, well I'm sure everybody has heard that filming has begun on the new Dragonball live action movie and it is due in theaters later this year.

Being the anime nerd that I am, I love Dragonball Z (personally thought the first part of the series, Dragonball, sucked), so I truely hope this movie lives up to the quality of the show.

The only part I dont like is that the movie is focusing on the first part of the series rather than the second version- DBZ.

Any thoughts?

xEJ20x
02-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Live action DBZ has bad idea written all over it.....

Scapegoat
02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Alright, well I'm sure everybody has heard that filming has begun on the new Dragonball live action movie and it is due in theaters later this year.

Being the anime nerd that I am, I love Dragonball Z (personally thought the first part of the series, Dragonball, sucked), so I truely hope this movie lives up to the quality of the show.

The only part I dont like is that the movie is focusing on the first part of the series rather than the second version- DBZ.

Any thoughts?

haha yeah... anime nerd pretty much sums up people that like DBZ... now, an anime fan on the other hand... :-p

speedooo
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
i liked dbz back in like the 6th grade

rotarychainsaw
02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
dragonball is way better than dbz

Munky
02-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Any thoughts?

AMEN!!! Dragonball was lame compared to DBZ. I mean cmon DBZ brought soooooooooo many more villains, good guys, transformations, different worlds...you name it. Even as short as DBGT was that would have been a better pick than just Dragonball. At the very least I hope they stick to the guidelines of how Dragonball was written. Unlike just about every other comic/cartoon turned into a movie.:lol:

Scapegoat
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
AMEN!!! Dragonball was lame compared to DBZ. I mean cmon DBZ brought soooooooooo many more villains, good guys, transformations, different worlds...you name it. Even as short as DBGT was that would have been a better pick than just Dragonball. At the very least I hope they stick to the guidelines of how Dragonball was written. Unlike just about every other comic/cartoon turned into a movie.:lol:

hahaha... guidelines... DBZ... thats funny...

Munky
02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
hahaha... guidelines... DBZ... thats funny...

You understood what I meant. Go play with your goat. :lol:

xEJ20x
02-26-2008, 11:22 PM
At the very least I hope they stick to the guidelines of how Dragonball was written. Unlike just about every other comic/cartoon turned into a movie.:lol:

You do realize that originally DragonBall was meant to retell the "Journey to the West" story.

Munky
02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Yes I realize this but I just see them failing at turning this into anything decent by using the Dragonball series. I mean compared to DBZ Dragonball wasn't that exciting. Plus Goku's character was young in Dragonball. All the info on the movie has the kid from The Invisible playing Goku's character and he's already in his mid 20's. I dunno I'm just more of a fan of DBZ and DBGT I guess you could say. I'll still go see it tho with an open mind cause I've always said they should bring it to real life or at least start making newer ones...even tho they wouldn't be done by the original creator I'm sure someone could pickup where it was left off.

AUTORACENBBOY
02-27-2008, 09:19 AM
god i remember watching that in 5th grade when it used to come on at like 5am

JerseyTuscani
02-27-2008, 06:52 PM
wow between this and speed racer coming out what's next? live action neon genesis?

~Brian~
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
wow between this and speed racer coming out what's next? live action neon genesis?

Honestly, I could picture a Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie being pretty damn good if it followed the anime's storyline to the T.

Then again I say this because NGE is my favorite anime of all time besides DBZ.