PDA

View Full Version : B series nitrous

dragonfly2k3
02-22-2008, 01:19 AM
What do you guys know about running a dry kit on a B series? What fuel mods need to be done to run a 40 shot safely. I kind of figured that dsm 440s and a good tune would handel it, do you think it will require more fuel pressure? Does anyone have any decent nitrous set up directions/faq's?

Gorilla Unit 33
02-22-2008, 02:21 AM
ALWAYS! get some sort of fuel management, wether an VafcII or crome chipped ecu, some injectors and a fuel pump. I would think that the dsm 440's are too big for something like this. i would suggest a 310cc. Lastly before using it even once have it tuned correctly by a reputable tuner.

dragonfly2k3
02-22-2008, 12:56 PM
The reason i decided 440s is because i can always just pull their duty cycle back, that way if i get ballsy and want to run 50/75 shot i could. I have a crome chipped ECU and plan on getting 2 chips made, one that is a good tune for the N/A set-up and one that is a good tune for one the bottle(significantly richer at higher rpm). I am hoping to be able to retain stock fuel pressure just because i dont want to have to change the fuel pressure everytime i open the bottle, thats dumb. Id rather just put thumb screws in my ecu cover with a quick release socket and change the chip out. I will keep you guys up to date. Also, the car will be run with ARP headstuds.

pearl
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
440s will be fine, like you said. tune them down. better than maxing out 310s :)
dont use a VAFC, its so cheap to get a tune with chrome its rediculous.

also, i wouldnt suggest getting two chips for two different reasons. it never works out right. thats how i blew my motor up :(

im not familiar with nitrous setups. i always wanted to do one on my integra but i never got around to it. you MAY need a inline fuel pump, but im not sure.

dragonfly2k3
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
What exactly happened that caused teh 2 diff chips to mess your car up? Also, what were yours built for? I dont really see why, as long as the car was off when they were switched it would cause an issue. I guess youcould witch them then reset the ecu? I do not think i will need an inline fuel pump, alot of people have gotten away with up to a 150 shot with just a 255hp.

pearl
02-22-2008, 05:22 PM
well i had two chips for different boost levels. 10 and 14 pounds. so i would run 10, "try" and put it to 14, and it never worked. im assuming you are you looking for a all motor chip, and a chip to use with nitrous?

how does the chip know when to run richer when the nitrous is on? (im not familiar how they tune nitrous, i have an idea but its probably wrong)

the problem is you will never get the chips you switch around to run 100%. i never did. you're better off sticking to one map.

dragonfly2k3
02-23-2008, 01:53 AM
With a dry nitrous set-up one map is just about impossible, you have to add so much fuel and retard timing so far that the car would be just about impossible to drive N/A. I believe i am going to buy a dry-wet conversion. The conversion is 160 but it seems like in the end it will save me hundreds in trying to get the dry kit to work.

delspool
02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
im pretty sure hondata s200, s300, and maybe neptune rtp automatically does what your trying to do.

Epic Tuning
03-01-2008, 04:33 PM
What kind of kit are you using? Most kits you need no tuning to run them. Like the ZEX dry kit just bumps the fuel pressure to give it more fuel when you are on the spray.

One of our customers has a b16 all stock and runs a 75 zex dry shot no problems. Has ran it that way for over a year.

james_ls
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
What kind of kit are you using? Most kits you need no tuning to run them. Like the ZEX dry kit just bumps the fuel pressure to give it more fuel when you are on the spray.

One of our customers has a b16 all stock and runs a 75 zex dry shot no problems. Has ran it that way for over a year.

Thats another happy ZEX story.

ZEX seems to kick the ass.

dragonfly2k3
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
the more research i do the less i am sure about everything haha. I see that the dry kits bump fuel pressure and require no tuning, but i also understand that bumping fuel pressure might not always be enough. I think i will go with a slightly rich tune off the bottle so that the added fuel pressure will not be alone.

RyanG
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
well if you want to be safe while on the bottle, and are using the ZEX dry kit (we have used those alot) just drop 2 degrees of timing to be extra safe.