PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Problem

~Brian~
02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
OK, so I have another problem with the Passat now.

My left brake light apparently does not work. When I turn my headlights on, it lights up, but when you push the brake pedal, it does not get brighter like the other light does.

Any ideas?

Loserkidwac
02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
probably a duel filament bulb and only one of them burnt out, try replacing the bulb and see if that fixes...or try swapping the bulbs from one side to the other to see if it is the bulb or something wiring related...

DropTopChevy
02-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds like just a bulb.

~Brian~
02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I this will have to be a weekend project though.

How easy is it to change the bulbs in a VW's tail lights?

DropTopChevy
02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I this will have to be a weekend project though.

How easy is it to change the bulbs in a VW's tail lights?

For the passat all of the bulbs are in a circuit board type of thing. It has two tabs and it pops out and the bulbs twist out. Not sure how easy the actual board is getting to with a sedan. In the wagon its behind the panel for the first aid kit and the cd changer.

LilRedVDub
02-22-2008, 09:00 AM
For the passat all of the bulbs are in a circuit board type of thing. It has two tabs and it pops out and the bulbs twist out. Not sure how easy the actual board is getting to with a sedan. In the wagon its behind the panel for the first aid kit and the cd changer.

It's pretty easy. I think it's easier then the wagon.

~Brian~
02-22-2008, 10:33 AM
It's pretty easy. I think it's easier then the wagon.

Well maybe this is something else you can help me out with when I eventually come down there. :)

LilRedVDub
02-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Well maybe this is something else you can help me out with when I eventually come down there. :)

No problem. Whenever you want.

Skat
03-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Tails are simple, the headlights are a pain. mk4 gti at least