PDA

View Full Version : So I test drove a 2006 WRX today.....

DoubleOughtCel
08-25-2005, 11:57 PM
It was awesome. I'm not gonna give a whole background story, but in short I ended up f'ing around at Reedman's today and got behind the wheel of an '06 WRX. Ever since Toll bought them out, there are all these new rules in place; i.e. speed limit of 20mph on the test track. Well I broke that rule immediately. I was cruising at about 20 around a turn and my friend in the passenger seat nonchalantly whispered over to me "punch it." I did, and it was funny to hear the salesman from the back seat go "Whoa! Whoa man!" as the turbo spooled up.

I'm not in the market for a car anytime soon (probably in about 1 1/2- 2 years), but I want to get some options set up now. I've narrowed it down to an STi or Honda s2000. The only reason I drove the WRX was because I've only driven a manual 2 or 3 times in my life and I'm not great at it so I asked to drive an auto. It was a lot of fun, but I'd like to really get a feel for what the car can do, not just up to 40 on some test track. Any body willing to ride shotty and let me try a hand at your Suby at the next meet? haha

EDIT: This was also my first time ever driving a car with a turbo. I've driven a supercharged Grand Prix GTP, but its definitely a different feeling. The turbo spooled up and I was instantly pinned to my seat.

sisforsurfing
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
EDIT: This was also my first time ever driving a car with a turbo. I've driven a supercharged Grand Prix GTP, but its definitely a different feeling. The turbo spooled up and I was instantly pinned to my seat.
Word, I love that feeling.

Good to hear the test drive went well, I want to get behind the seat of one soon! Unfortunately when I walk into a dealer when they see me they don't take me seriously becuase I 'look too young' to be buying a car. Eh, i guess they're right.
Someone needs to get an '06 and give us all test drives :)

markley02
08-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Great. I love it, when I went there to test drive a car they wouldn't let me get inside of it. He said because some people get in the car and beat them up test driving them. Only I was there to really buy a car. Some people ruin it for everyone. Thanks.

MuddyREX
08-26-2005, 08:50 AM
I want to drive one to feel the difference the bigger motor makes.

BobErT-
08-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I bet you can deff tell the change in the bigger motor, i cant wait till i get my '05 STI :)