PDA

View Full Version : 04 MSP Miata Questions

CleanNeon98
01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
We recently picked up a 2004 miata MSP, and we want to sell it as close to stock as possible

ours has a crinkle red w/ polished lettering valve cover
and
a front upper strut bar it is silver with 2 tubes

is this original equiptment on this car??

xEJ20x
01-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes....

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/322004144112.jpg

CleanNeon98
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes....

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/322004144112.jpg
Thanks dude

CHAOS
01-24-2008, 09:13 PM
those are supposed to be fun cars... i tried to drive one, once... but the door wouldnt shut with me in the car lmao.

xEJ20x
01-24-2008, 09:18 PM
those are supposed to be fun cars... i tried to drive one, once... but the door wouldnt shut with me in the car lmao.

I drove my uncle's 2nd gen.
I kept puttin my fist into the radio when shifting into 3rd.

NOPSTNS
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
i dunno what a msp miata is but by the red wrinkle valve cover ill assume u mean MAZDASPEED MX5.

they also came with a mazdaspeed oil cap which would be constantly stolen. check to see if u have a silver oil cap labeled mazdaspeed. and the rear view mirror wil say mazdaspeed as well. and the seats will have mazdaspeed stiching and be more bolstered than standard and the guage face will have mazdaspeed in it. racing hart 17 inch wheels, bilstein suspension (if i recall it being bilstein) and extremely low profile tires.....oh and dont forget the turbo!

they are fantastic cars. for true driving enthusiasts. take what makes the standard miata great, multiply by 2 and then add 40hp.

i drove one just before they stopped making them and it was a blast. i dream of it with some R comps. a true autox car......upping the boost and upgrading the intercooler would make it a serious trackday car. ........having the body of a 12 yr old girl really pays off for me here.....

it doesnt take much hp for a miata to be fun but the mazdaspeed version is a leap in the right direction!

if u drive a speed miata and u dont get out of it with a smile on ur face, ur not a driver!

i like rice
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
such a girly car ><

CleanNeon98
01-25-2008, 12:04 AM
i dunno what a msp miata is but by the red wrinkle valve cover ill assume u mean MAZDASPEED MX5.

they also came with a mazdaspeed oil cap which would be constantly stolen. check to see if u have a silver oil cap labeled mazdaspeed. and the rear view mirror wil say mazdaspeed as well. and the seats will have mazdaspeed stiching and be more bolstered than standard and the guage face will have mazdaspeed in it. racing hart 17 inch wheels, bilstein suspension (if i recall it being bilstein) and extremely low profile tires.....oh and dont forget the turbo!

they are fantastic cars. for true driving enthusiasts. take what makes the standard miata great, multiply by 2 and then add 40hp.

i drove one just before they stopped making them and it was a blast. i dream of it with some R comps. a true autox car......upping the boost and upgrading the intercooler would make it a serious trackday car. ........having the body of a 12 yr old girl really pays off for me here.....

it doesnt take much hp for a miata to be fun but the mazdaspeed version is a leap in the right direction!

if u drive a speed miata and u dont get out of it with a smile on ur face, ur not a driver!
Yea Im looking forward to it already, unfortunately I think it will be sold way before the temps start to rise, so im hoping that on monday (45 degrees aint bad) to take it out for a few hours and check it out. Ours has all of the stuff that you mentioned, even has Neuspeed door sills I believe, its a great car im sure. My boss didnt even know it was turbocharged until I told him lol

By the way I always thought that MSP was an abbreviation for Mazdaspeed, so I put that in there.

Il have pix of it when I photograph it

xEJ20x
01-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Il have pix of it when I photograph it

MSP = Mazda Speed Protege.

i like rice
01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
By the way I always thought that MSP was an abbreviation for Mazdaspeed, so I put that in there.

MSM is what we call the Mazdaspeed Miata

MSP = protege
MS6 = 6 (duh)
MS3 = 3 (duh)