PDA

View Full Version : coilovers?

SLDWYSJDM
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I am going to be purchasing a 1993 240sx s13 hatch to learn to drift. I got some advice from someone in a nissan fourm and he said to get a set of coilovers. What type of coilovers would you guys sugest? edit: and also Im not going to be drifting everyday, mostly on the weekends, so would I still go for a coilover setup .... or should i go the shock/spring setup?

Wiisass
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Go search on zilvia or other nissan forums. There's a new "what do you think of this color coilover?" post pretty much everyday.

I will say that I think that most of the asian style coilovers under $2k are all the same crap and the valving on them isn't very good. They will not ride very well and if you really want the car to handle well they probably aren't the way to go. But it depends on what you're doing and how you want to build the car.

Just look on other forums, there's a lot of info out there on this stuff.

agoodall
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
my 91 has Tein Super Drift Coilovers, its my daily driver, car came with coilovers. my only complaint is that with stock wheels and tires in the winter the ride can be a lil bouncy on rough. but i am not an expert any field other than keepin it real. gl

oh yeah i dont drift ever. seriously

300zdave
01-31-2008, 11:03 PM
man if i was you i would just leave it stock get the hang of drifting then start moding your car. Thats how the old skool guys did in japan

Wiisass
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Thats how the old skool guys did in japan

And if they did it in Japan, then that's how it should be done.

S.Milone
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Honestly Just because thats how old videos look it is only because they didn't have the parts to put on the cars. The best way to learn is to get coilovers a clutch type diff. and your alignment properly set. This will get the car handling better. Then a racing bucket and steering wheel to make controling the car easier. If your not bouncing around the cabin it is easier to concentrate on just controling the car.

ho1ywars
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
i know this is late. but i have a set of stance gr+ pros on my s14, i freaking love them.