PDA

View Full Version : got a custom tune from Ray earlier today

Zarno
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
went from the accessport stage 2 to a custom tune from Ray, and WOW the car is a completely different animal now. even with Ray and my friend in the car I could feel the improvement through my butt dyno, and power delivery is sooo much smoother between 2k and 4k - no more stuttering and hesitation. after 5k, the car doesn't just keep pulling, but it actually pulls even harder. the turbo responds better, boost creep is no longer an issue... I couldn't be happier with the tune, especially for the price :mrgreen:

Ray answered any questions I had about the process and spent a couple extra hours working around a problem with his wideband fitting on my car (funny story :lol:). He even offered to make some quick adjustments if I ever end up going with a new exhaust (ask him what he thinks about my blitz catback if you're wondering why I might switch). Thanks Ray! :thumbup:

Accord
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
yea ray is very very cool guy i have actually met himthis week also guy really knows his stuff and is very very kool to deal with

JBWRX06
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Agreed my 06 got tuned for stage 2 by him and i love it

Honest_Bob
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
That pretty much sums up my experience with Ray. :thumbup:

pearl
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
man just keep hearing good news about this!
im probably going to see if i can squeeze in thursday, but i need my downpipe/midpipe installed still

Zarno
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
That pretty much sums up my experience with Ray. :thumbup:

I couldn't believe how much you hated the ap when I talked to you at applebees. Ray explained the closed loop delay problem to me though and it all makes sense now... I'd be pissed too if I found out I'd been running crazy lean. Is that Cobb's way of spiting us for unmarrying the ap?

D Money
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
let me guess, you have a blitz nur spec? lol

Zarno
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
let me guess, you have a blitz nur spec? lol

mhmm. I had a headache yesterday and listening to the exhaust the whole way down didn't make it any better :bigeek:

D Money
01-21-2008, 05:01 PM
haha I put that on my car for it didn't last two days. Sooooo annoying.

Honest_Bob
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I couldn't believe how much you hated the ap when I talked to you at applebees. Ray explained the closed loop delay problem to me though and it all makes sense now... I'd be pissed too if I found out I'd been running crazy lean. Is that Cobb's way of spiting us for unmarrying the ap?

I suppose so. It created so much nausea for me it wasent even funny. Glad to hear eveything went good for you though. :mrgreen:

pearl
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
do you by any chance have the number to the shop?

Zarno
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
haha I put that on my car for it didn't last two days. Sooooo annoying.

going a bit ot but what exhaust do you have now?