PDA

View Full Version : Who got the RRoD

CleanNeon98
01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Post how you/microsoft resolved it if you want, main thing im lookin for is poll votes. Thanks

RRoD=red ring of death on the microsoft xbox 360..if you got it, you know what i mean

also post how long you had your system, etc.

CHAOS
01-20-2008, 06:41 PM
i voted for repaired but honestly i dont know if i got the same system back.

CHAOS
01-20-2008, 07:12 PM
btw ur avatar is hilarious

foss
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
mine is currently being repaired. stupid microsoft and rushing their products out :(

dynasty
01-20-2008, 07:23 PM
they sent me a new system yays, and its been knocked over twice already and is still workin good :)

roccobladr
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
lol can we vote multiple times? ive had to send it back like 4 or 5 times since i had one the first day it came out.
ive had it repaired, they sent back the same one, had to get that one sent back, got a new one, then that broke and then sent it back..got a new one and they took too long to send a box (8 weeks) so i used my best buy warranty.

240sxDann
01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
havn't had any problems yet. For some reason though it seems like the disc drive is REALLY loud. :(

CleanNeon98
01-20-2008, 08:04 PM
mine is currently being repaired. stupid microsoft and rushing their products out :(
Its ****ed up cause they had all this time to get it right...its been out for god knows how long already

foss
01-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I know right, i just wanna play guitar hero, that's all I'm askin.. :'(

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
one more thread of why ps3 > microcrap

friend of mine has had numerous problems all "taken care of" only to have it keep breaking.

05GT
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Its ****ed up cause they had all this time to get it right...its been out for god knows how long already

They did fix it. The Elites are suppose to be on a different chipset that won't give you the RROD.

one more thread of why ps3 > microcrap

PS3 had it's share of problems when it came out also. Right now there is way more people who have 360 then PS3, simply because it's been out so much longer. Of course you will hear more problems with the 360.

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
They did fix it. The Elites are suppose to be on a different chipset that won't give you the RROD.

PS3 had it's share of problems when it came out also. Right now there is way more people who have 360 then PS3, simply because it's been out so much longer. Of course you will hear more problems with the 360.

show me these problems that ps3s had when they first came out? you hear more problems from the xbox because its crap and they rushed it out too soon. its funny to watch people stick up for crap just because they own it. lol

dnasty2g
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I've yet to have a problem with mine.

My boy just got his back last week. From the time he sent it out it only took a lil less then 2 weeks for him to get it back.

05GT
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
show me these problems that ps3s had when they first came out? you hear more problems from the xbox because its crap and they rushed it out too soon. its funny to watch people stick up for crap just because they own it. lol

I own both, so I'm not sticking up for either. Just calling it how I see it.

You seriously didn't hear about all the ones that randomly were locking up when they came out? Hell the ones in Best Buy and Gamestop that they had on display would do it while I was there watching people play it. One of the store associates even said it does it serveral times a day.

You didn't hear about how people who bought them for insane prices on Ebay were trying to get their money back because of the problems?

I'm not defending and not trying to argue, but at least make a better statement then PS3 > Microcrap.

Read some of the problems people have here: http://www.slashgear.com/complete-ps3-problem-list-172513.php

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player

ps3 supports 1.3 HDMI which has rich colors and xbox supports 1.2 HDMI

ps3 has much more and better exclusives, most of them cant go to xbox 360 because it cant handle that many data(DVD- 8.5gb, blu-ray 50gb)

because of the blu-ray's huge space, ps3 will have WAY better graphics than 360

online is free for ps3 not like 360

ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring

you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360

when developers get used to the system, the graphics will be WAY better than 360. should take them a year to get used to it

developers stated that they will start using ps3 as the lead platform and port ps3 games to xbox

playstation home is coming out this spring, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)

ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p

built in Wi-Fi

xbox 360: 33% hardware failure
ps3: .2% hardware failure(see the decimal? less than 1%!)

ps3 has better back-comp except the 40gb

rumble returns in spring 2008

you can upgrade your harddrive without voiding warranties with any 2.5 HDD, which xbox cant because you have to buy a xbox HDD
(they actually have the step by step on how to upgrade it on playstation.com)

those are the ones that i know right off my mind but there are much more reason than this

Now I want you to do me a favor, list all the reasons why xbox is better than ps3.

Prices as of today:
ps3- 80gb: $499 with motorstorm
40gb: $399 with spiderman 3 blu-ray
xbox 360(premium)- $349
(elite)- $449
if you want the accessories that ps3 comes with, that would add up to over 700 dollars, so that means ps3 is actually cheaper

cburwell
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
RRoD twice both one year apart (On Thanksgiving). This is on a first release Xbox.

PS3 dead (will not turn on) one week after purchase.

05GT
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring (Ok so? Don't know the #'s but I'm sure 360 still has more.)

you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360 (Who cares. That's what a computer is for. I don't by a console to browse internet.)

when developers get used to the system, the graphics will be WAY better than 360. should take them a year to get used to it (When. We don't know that yet, so it's irrelevant. Maybe by that time Microsoft will have another console out. There is rumors.)

ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p (See my post below.)

rumble returns in spring 2008 (Wow. 360 controllers already vibrate. Woopie. :roll:)

True HD console huh?

"Lack of upscaling: Simply put, if your HDTV does 1080i but not 720p, then expect to play your games in 480p, as the PS3 will not upscale the graphics to 1080i. Bummer."

Source:http://www.slashgear.com/complete-ps3-problem-list-172513.php

Also, yeah PS3 online is free, but they also have lots of server issues. Probably because it's free.

Just about every statement you made in your post is YOUR opinion as to why it's better. Do you even own either of the 2 systems?

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
i own a ps3 im a little biased...

theres alot more on that list you had no answers for...hmmm

05GT
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
i own a ps3 im a little biased...

Oh, well in that case it's ok then lol.

And I didn't answer the rest because there is no need to. Like I said, they are your opinions. Sorry I didn't direct and exact answer to each of your statements.

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh, well in that case it's ok then lol.

lmfao

streetAssasin96
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
i have an elite and never had problems with it. however, i will definitely get a ps3 specifically for MGS4 (once they get their **** together and actually release it)

CleanNeon98
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0c7ksZAJk

I had a 360 premium. I bought a package from BJs and i opened it up, gave me the ring..then I realized it was one that someone returned for that reason cause when i got my second one it was packaged way different nad all sealed up, that one gave me no problems and then I traded it to "Sponsored1" on here I dont know how its doing...my brother is buying a 40 gig tomorrow to replace his 20, so I was wondering if its worth to keep the 20, or get an 80 instead or get a 360 again

streetAssasin96
01-21-2008, 12:17 AM
^ if its something you really want, then just save for a little bit and get the elite. its so worth it, plus it comes with the hd, interent cables and the 120g hardrive (not that you need that much)

CleanNeon98
01-21-2008, 12:24 AM
^ if its something you really want, then just save for a little bit and get the elite. its so worth it, plus it comes with the hd, interent cables and the 120g hardrive (not that you need that much)
Well my bro is probbably gona give me his 20 gig for nothin cause hes gettin the 40, but I duno if 20 will be enough for me or not, and an upgrade to the 80 wouldnt be hard to upgrade to. one thing i like in the ps3 more is the blu-ray right out of the box, and since we have a hi-def tv here at teh house it would be a great addition for my parents too..for the 360, you gotta buy an external drive for it.

05GT
01-21-2008, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0c7ksZAJk

I had a 360 premium. I bought a package from BJs and i opened it up, gave me the ring..then I realized it was one that someone returned for that reason cause when i got my second one it was packaged way different nad all sealed up, that one gave me no problems and then I traded it to "Sponsored1" on here I dont know how its doing...my brother is buying a 40 gig tomorrow to replace his 20, so I was wondering if its worth to keep the 20, or get an 80 instead or get a 360 again

The 1st run of Elites came out (from what I've read and heard) before the 65nm chipset was released. That means they were running the same 90nm chipset as the rest. According to articles, the new chipset was suppose to be realised late fall of 07. So who knows if this guy bought one that was prior too???

I dunno lol.

CleanNeon98
01-21-2008, 02:13 AM
See thats what bothers me..I can keep the 20 gig my bro gives me, or sell it and get a 360, I had one before and loved it, no problems, but I duno whats gona happen with this next one if I decide to get it.

05GT
01-21-2008, 02:36 AM
See thats what bothers me..I can keep the 20 gig my bro gives me, or sell it and get a 360, I had one before and loved it, no problems, but I duno whats gona happen with this next one if I decide to get it.

I don't even really see the point in worrying about what might happen. Microsoft will fix any RROD 360 for free. So what's the worse that could happen? You get one, it maybe breaks, you send it to Microsoft, they repair it or replace it free of charge.

If your PS3 happens to break, will it be replaced for free or repaired? Doubt it.

CleanNeon98
01-21-2008, 02:45 AM
^^^thats always true, but then again its kinda annoying to have to send your **** out and wait a month for it to come back, sometimes to find that its still broken..some people ive heard have had up to 9 systems since launch all having the same problems, but im sure this is a very uncommon number..hopefully all works

TGilb2007
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Since you already admitted a bias towards PS3, since you own one, how about we just toss in some objective comments towards this thread

ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player

ps3 supports 1.3 HDMI which has rich colors and xbox supports 1.2 HDMI

ps3 has much more and better exclusives, most of them cant go to xbox 360 because it cant handle that many data(DVD- 8.5gb, blu-ray 50gb)

because of the blu-ray's huge space, ps3 will have WAY better graphics than 360

online is free for ps3 not like 360

ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring

you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360

when developers get used to the system, the graphics will be WAY better than 360. should take them a year to get used to it

developers stated that they will start using ps3 as the lead platform and port ps3 games to xbox

playstation home is coming out this spring, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)

ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p

built in Wi-Fi

xbox 360: 33% hardware failure
ps3: .2% hardware failure(see the decimal? less than 1%!)

ps3 has better back-comp except the 40gb

rumble returns in spring 2008

you can upgrade your harddrive without voiding warranties with any 2.5 HDD, which xbox cant because you have to buy a xbox HDD
(they actually have the step by step on how to upgrade it on playstation.com)

those are the ones that i know right off my mind but there are much more reason than this

Now I want you to do me a favor, list all the reasons why xbox is better than ps3.

Prices as of today:
ps3- 80gb: $499 with motorstorm
40gb: $399 with spiderman 3 blu-ray
xbox 360(premium)- $349
(elite)- $449
if you want the accessories that ps3 comes with, that would add up to over 700 dollars, so that means ps3 is actually cheaper

1. Since we dont know what the standard is going to be, this does not matter right now

2. Graphics - Not everyone cares just about how pretty a tree looks in a video game. I might actually just want to play it.

3. PS3 Home and also their online service (if from past expirence with PS2), still fails to compare to Xbox Live, and also the Wii channels. Id much rather spend $50 for one year of great online gaming, then pay nothing for a half-done service

4. Sony is losing ground on a lot of 3rd party exclusives. So far to be cross-platformed:
- Devil May Cry 4
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Resident Evil 5
- Assassians Creed (already released)
- Amored Core
- A ton more I just dont feel like listing

5. Xbox never left a simple, yet very common feature like rumble out

6. Not everone needs wireless (Wii also has it built in as well)

7. 360 still has a TON of games waiting for release this year, I want to guess maybe another 100-150 confirmed for release this year, on top of the 200-300 on shelves today. Wii is also adding around the same amount of titles as well.

8. Microsoft has WAY better customer service then Sony does. Ive had to call into Sony about a PSP I had purchased day one, and it was broken within 6 days. Sony basically told me I was SOL on it, since I used the product. RRoD on my 360, called MS, got it settled in under 3 weeks between me shipping it to them, and getting it back. Also got a free month of XBL out of the deal also.

As for your cost breakdown, lets look at the Wii. $249 retail gets you the system with Wii Sports in the box. Even with an added Wii-mote and Nunchuck, and spare game, its still cheaper then either unit.

But, if you want to continue to be bias, who am I to say no?

zerioustt
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
ill be biased with ps3 vs xcrap

im not hating on the wii, im a nintendo baby.

TGilb2007
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
ill be biased with ps3 vs xcrap

im not hating on the wii, im a nintendo baby.

Would it really kill to you to call it by its proper name? Seriously dude, I can understand you hating the 360 for w/e reasons, but its kinda sad if you actually take more time to bash a product, because you "believe" it to be inferior.

zerioustt
01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Would it really kill to you to call it by its proper name? Seriously dude, I can understand you hating the 360 for w/e reasons, but its kinda sad if you actually take more time to bash a product, because you "believe" it to be inferior.

what the xcrap? it will always be the xcrap to me..im entitled to call it that. i dont take alot of time bashing it, if i did this thread and my posts would be alot longer.

WhiteLightning
01-26-2008, 02:11 PM
lmao at this thread!

I had a 360 it broke during the first week i got it so I took it back and the guy offered me ps3 with the $100 price cut a week before the official date. I'm going with ps3 on two things.
1. Doesn't sound like a jet taking off

2. Wireless internet....really helpful since the computer is in the other room.

In the end it all comes down to which system has the right games for you... 360 is notorious for 1st person games!