PDA

View Full Version : Kid Dies Racing in Warminster

Tiny
01-19-2008, 11:27 AM
The article doesn't say anything about racing, but a friend of mine was one of the first people on scene, and he said that seconds earlier this guy, along with another car, passed him in the center of street road so fast that he couldn't even identify what kind of car it was when it went by. I still don't understand why people race in traffic. I more then anyone will always humor a stoplight baiting, but bobbing in and out of traffic? Seatbelts FTW.

From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/:

"He worked as an emergency medical technician for the Dublin Regional EMS for a number of years before it closed in 2007.

The former president of the EMS, Sandi Cowperthwaite, remembered him as “a really nice guy and a good EMT.”

Tara Ketterer, 23, of Ottsville, was a passenger in the 2006 black Scion. She survived the accident and was listed in fair condition Monday at Abington, said a spokeswoman there.

Stebulis was driving east at about 11:45 p.m. when he apparently lost control of the car, which then climbed an embankment and hit a PECO pole, police said.

The impact snapped cable and telephone lines and set the top of the pole on fire.

The accident closed Street Road from Centennial to Davisville roads for approximately five hours, according to a police report.

Some 1,800 PECO customers were without power for several hours.

A police report said Stebulis appeared not to have been wearing a seat belt and that Ketterer likely was.

The accident is under investigation by Warminster police."

97TurboDSM
01-19-2008, 11:33 AM
dont these people read the news? this is happening way too often.

teh DIRT
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
when was this. I bet its a student from ATC, 90% of the idiots who go there shouldn't be allowed to drive.

CHAOS
01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
im sorry but i dont feel bad for the kid racing in traffic, its a death wish.

HOWEVER, i feel bad for his family and friends, they have to suffer because he made a bad decision.

Tiny
01-19-2008, 11:53 AM

HOWEVER, i feel bad for his family and friends, they have to suffer because he made a bad decision.

Yup. Its not enough that the kid was a firefighter, but his mother is a paramedic, so you would figure he'd know better.

Tiny
01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
when was this. I bet its a student from ATC, 90% of the idiots who go there shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I believe it was last Sat.

assault187
01-19-2008, 12:10 PM

No body knows it was street racing yet so lets not jump to conclusions. Have a little sympathy, He did alot of good for people its not like he deserved it

This hapened last saturday, his funeral was held yesterday....

CHAOS
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
true, its not confirmed.

Tiny
01-19-2008, 01:55 PM
No body knows it was street racing yet so lets not jump to conclusions. Have a little sympathy, He did alot of good for people its not like he deserved it

This hapened last saturday, his funeral was held yesterday....

I will tell you what I tell my wife, never do I ever think people deserve to die, however I do believe that people put themselves in bad situations.

And as I said before, we spoke with the people that showed up to the scene first, and they confirmed that the car in question, along with another vehicle, went past them so fast on street road that they didn't even get a make on the car before it was almost gone from sight. This doesn't mean that it was "street" racing, but I think racing would be applicable.

I have a lot of sympathy for his family, the girl he could have killed, and the civilians that showed up to see this young man dissected on the pavement who will never be right again. I was in the FD for 7 years and I’ve seen some horrific things like this, but for the poor people that stopped to help, they will probably have a hard time sleeping because of what they saw.

His mother is making a very big deal about celebrating his life, and campaigning for the use of seat belts, and I applaud her for that, but I doubt she will ever be the same again. All because of minutes of bad judgment. It really is a shame.

jdmwill
01-19-2008, 01:57 PM
come on dude in order to snap a peco pole in half.he must have been flying pretty fast.dont ever ask me to care for d bag that put other peoples life at risk.he could f himself for all i care.
that goes for any tst members who act like a dill hole out on the street.

will

Tiny
01-19-2008, 02:01 PM
come on dude in order to snap a peco pole in half.he must have been flying pretty fast.dont ever ask me to care for d bag that put other peoples life at risk.he could f himself for all i care.
that goes for any tst members who act like a dill hole out on the street.

will

LOL. While I can say that i've acted like a "dill hole" on occasion, I think that I, as well as most of us here, have enough judgement to know when enough is enough. Banging off a light to 50mph in a 45 is one thing, doing 100+ weaving through traffic is definatly a whole different ball game.

And yes, you mirrored my setiment. Albiet in a little less PC way, but you cut to the core of the matter.

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I feel bad for the pole... so innocent... :(

05 mazda6s
01-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Can be found here also http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19201326&BRD=1306&PAG=461&dept_id=187834&rfi=6

I know exactly where that is too, that straight-a-way is downhill I'm not surprised either that he lost control. Ashame a life that young had to go

PhillyLS1
01-19-2008, 02:44 PM
On Street Road....in a Scion :screwy:

jdmwill
01-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I feel bad for the pole... so innocent... :(

lol....poor pole never had a fighting chance.

james_ls
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
That's crazy.

He drove like that CONSTANTLY.

Same with Joe (the S2000 death a few weeks back).

Did no one get the ****ing memo?

96Stang
01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
i was on my way home from my gf's house late that night and had to take a different route home when i hit centenial road...people have to learn by these mistakes...street racing doesnt make you cool, go to a track

i couldnt tell you how many people tried to race me on my way home from my gfs house every single night...people have to grow up and just cause there is someone with exhaust on their car or some form of noticeable modification doesnt mean they wanna race you...grow up

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
lol....poor pole never had a fighting chance.

I just wonder how his family is gonna get by... I heard he had a wife and two kids... :(

so sad

lagos
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM
This kind of stuff is terrible. We seem to loose more and more people each year.

streetAssasin96
01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
my power went out when this happened.

Zillon
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Darwin's on a roll lately.

Not that I condone street racing, but what I hate is how everyone jumps to the conclusion that he was racing. It doesn't sound much like any kind of race, just a stupid display of speed and stupidity.

ITSTOCK
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
God knows that I have done a LOT of stupid stuff in life (especially in cars), but I can honestly say that I NEVER screwed around....

A) WITH PASSENGERS IN THE CAR
and
B) IN TRAFFIC WHERE THERE WERE OTHER CARS AROUND!

Thankfully nobody else was severely injured in the accident. But RIP, and I hope that yet again, people will learn their limits BEFORE anything bad happens.

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Darwin's on a roll lately.

Not that I condone street racing, but what I hate is how everyone jumps to the conclusion that he was racing. It doesn't sound much like any kind of race, just a stupid display of speed and stupidity.

you must've missed the first paragraph of this thread where Tiny said a friend of his was there near the time of the accident and witnessed the car that was in the accident and another car go speeding by at a high rate of speed...

circus_clown
01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Think what you want, but these are NOT the facts of the case. Tara is a very, VERY good friend of mine, and anyone who is unsure of exactly what happened should not start a debate over such a grave matter.

Sorry tara, rip brett

Kevin
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
God knows that I have done a LOT of stupid stuff in life (especially in cars), but I can honestly say that I NEVER screwed around....

A) WITH PASSENGERS IN THE CAR
and
B) IN TRAFFIC WHERE THERE WERE OTHER CARS AROUND!

Exactly. I am the same way. Never with passengers or where I could harm others. Just not worth it.

I was reading the PA Driver's Manual last night and it says that traffic accidents are the number one death of teens in the United States. I thought drug overdoses were more but you just keep hearing about things like this.

malloyboy1
01-19-2008, 04:27 PM
i think we can all say that we have made bad calls and done things like this, some people just take it too far and then things like this happen

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Think what you want, but these are NOT the facts of the case. Tara is a very, VERY good friend of mine, and anyone who is unsure of exactly what happened should not start a debate over such a grave matter.

Sorry tara, rip brett

Tara, he/she?, may have been a good friend of yours, and I am very sorry for your loss. But that does not mean anything in regards to this person poor decision making skills

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 04:29 PM
i think we can all say that we have made bad calls and done things like this, some people just take it too far and then things like this happen

exactly... people need to take things a bit easier

circus_clown
01-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Tara, he/she?, may have been a good friend of yours, and I am very sorry for your loss. But that does not mean anything in regards to this person poor decision making skills

So mabye he was a 22 year old male on street rd in a scion, and maye he was speeding, but does that mean we need to jump to conslusions that he was street racing, I guess its acceptable to assume that since he was a 22 year old male from warminster that he was high on crack, and the accident was drug related too, right?

Or was it simply a situation where he may have been speeding, and looked down at a text message, or an incomming call, or changing a cd, or looking at an ipod, in which case he may have drifted out of his lane, and over corrected; a situation that none of us have ever been it, right?

On a side note, tara's (she) brother was killed approx. 4 years ago on a motorcycle, I guess that was cause he was speeding and riding recklessly......

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 05:28 PM
So mabye he was a 22 year old male on street rd in a scion, and maye he was speeding, but does that mean we need to jump to conslusions that he was street racing, I guess its acceptable to assume that since he was a 22 year old male from warminster that he was high on crack, and the accident was drug related too, right?

Or was it simply a situation where he may have been speeding, and looked down at a text message, or an incomming call, or changing a cd, or looking at an ipod, in which case he may have drifted out of his lane, and over corrected; a situation that none of us have ever been it, right?

On a side note, tara's (she) brother was killed approx. 4 years ago on a motorcycle, I guess that was cause he was speeding and riding recklessly......

The assumption he was street racing is because a witness, whom Tiny knows, said he saw the scion and another car driving down street road at a high rate if speed.

One assume that when two cars go flying past at such a high rate of speed, that they are racing. Why else would they be doing that? You don't just cruise at that speed with another car next to you...

95st-celica
01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
That's crazy.

He drove like that CONSTANTLY.

Same with Joe (the S2000 death a few weeks back).

Did no one get the ****ing memo?

joe wasnt a wreckless driver nor was he swerving in and out of traffic.....he was just goin to fast and bottomed out

PhillyLS1
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Did everyone defending this guy read:
"The impact snapped cable and telephone lines and set the top of the pole on fire."

Listen, if you're in SCION and you impact an object with such force that you are snapping ****.... you obviously don't care about anyone, including yourself. Racing or not what justification do you have for traveling at a high rate of speed like that?

It's a terrible loss, and I feel sorry for his family but no one should be surprised when people call him foolish for speeding on STREET RD of all places like that.

circus_clown
01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
The assumption he was street racing is because a witness, whom Tiny knows, said he saw the scion and another car driving down street road at a high rate if speed.

One assume that when two cars go flying past at such a high rate of speed, that they are racing. Why else would they be doing that? You don't just cruise at that speed with another car next to you...

I don't care if tinyls friend was the first person there, or if he saw what he thinks happened, my friend was IN the car, and racing was not a factor.

Kevin
01-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Whatever looks better in court I guess.

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Whatever looks better in court I guess.

maybe it was :partyman:

Kevin
01-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Maybe it was http://www.websmileys.com/sm/smoking/rauch21.gif http://www.websmileys.com/sm/smoking/rauch08.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/smoking/rauch25.gif

ILLJIM69
01-19-2008, 07:45 PM

+100,000

too bad other people have to suffer due to the choices of a moron.

how can people race on street road anyways? last time i was home, it's always so damn crowded.

jim

lagos
01-19-2008, 07:48 PM
How can you guys call a guy that just died a moron? At least show an ounce of respect for someone who died. We all make mistakes in life.

Tiny
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't care if tinyls friend was the first person there, or if he saw what he thinks happened, my friend was IN the car, and racing was not a factor.

Then what was? He was trying to avoid a squirrel on a road that the posted speed limit can't be over 45mph and at 45mph snapped a pole in half, ejected himself from the side window, and threw her from the car? Did you even see the scene?

Please, give me another explaination. Fact of the matter is that if racing wasn't a factor, going 100mph on street road was.

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
How can you guys call a guy that just died a moron? At least show an ounce of respect for someone who died. We all make mistakes in life.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

oh, and to answer your question... its easy... he's a moron.

Thank god he didn't kill his girlfriend too.

Kevin
01-19-2008, 07:58 PM
If I died doin' some dumb **** in a car with a passenger or killed someone else, I'd expect nothing less to be called a ****ing idiot.

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 08:01 PM
If I died doin' some dumb **** in a car with a passenger or killed someone else, I'd expect nothing less to be called a ****ing idiot.

to even expect anything less would be... moronic

ILLJIM69
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Then what was? He was trying to avoid a squirrel on a road that the posted speed limit can't be over 45mph and at 45mph snapped a pole in half, ejected himself from the side window, and threw her from the car? Did you even see the scene?

Please, give me another explaination. Fact of the matter is that if racing wasn't a factor, going 100mph on street road was.

YEEEEEEEAHHHH BOOOYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

i agree with you. people tend to defend their friends no matter how wrong they may be in a situation. this guy above is clearly taking accusations of street racing personally.

whoa whoa whoa whoa.....................wait, a Scion can reach a high rate of speed?

jim

Scapegoat
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa.....................wait, a Scion can reach a high rate of speed?

jim

didn't they say it was going down hill?

sponsored1
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM

First of all, This is a terrible tragedy regardless of how it happened. It affected a lot of people and my thoughts and prayers go out to tara and brett's family. But for people that are saying he must have been speeding, an average car can break a poll clean and half and rip down wires at speeds as low as 30mph depending on how it hits it. There have been tons of incidents where people have hit poles, broken them, and driven away. I remember seeing a story a while back about a guy that hit a pole, broke it in half and the pole fell on top of the car on fire. Then the guy proceeded to somehow get the pole off the car and drive away. I have not seen any speed reports about the accident, and honestly it doesnt really matter.
Whenever i see a thread abotu someone dying in a car, people jump on and start accusing/assuming, whatever you want to call it. Show some respect. This is someone's life were talking about here. He may have done something wrong, and if he did its a lesson for the rest of us. But to start calling names is just rediculous.

lagos
01-19-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.darwinawards.com/

oh, and to answer your question... its easy... he's a moron.

Thank god he didn't kill his girlfriend too.

Your a jaded asshole who thinks of no one but himself.
I dont know you or the kid that died, but im sure your guilty of breaking the speed limit in your car a few times too.
While its important to realize that this accident was probably his own fault, you also have to pay some form of respect to a guy who just lost his life.

Kevin
01-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Where's TST's accident reconstrucitonist when you need 'em?

PhillyLS1
01-19-2008, 10:35 PM
All the guys in my office are lol'n @ this thread.
God it gets boring over here sometimes :screwy: :cyberguy:

05GT
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Everyone makes bad decisions some times. I'm not going to call this guy an idiot in general, cuz I don't/didn't know him. HOWEVER, what he did at that time was indeed stupid and moronic.

To those that are in effect defending him, you need to untwist those panties of yours and realize that though the guy might have been your friend, I would say it's pretty damn CLEAR that he was going at a high rate of speed. And since there was an eye witness, what do you expect the people on this forum to think?

To the guy who said their friend was in the car....Do you really think they would admit that their friend who just died was doing something illegal? Do you really think they would admit "Hey, my friend just died, and it was his own fault." I doubt it. Chances are, they want to save face for him, and make it seem as if it was just an accident and not a case of bad decision making.

Scapegoat
01-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Your a jaded asshole who thinks of no one but himself.
I dont know you or the kid that died, but im sure your guilty of breaking the speed limit in your car a few times too.
While its important to realize that this accident was probably his own fault, you also have to pay some form of respect to a guy who just lost his life.

haha, you quote me as saying "thank god he didn't kill his girlfriend too" and call me a jaded asshole that is only thinking of himself...

how the hell does that make sense?

Buster
01-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Did everyone defending this guy read:
"The impact snapped cable and telephone lines and set the top of the pole on fire."

Listen, if you're in SCION and you impact an object with such force that you are snapping ****.... you obviously don't care about anyone, including yourself. Racing or not what justification do you have for traveling at a high rate of speed like that?

It's a terrible loss, and I feel sorry for his family but no one should be surprised when people call him foolish for speeding on STREET RD of all places like that.

Because 130+mph on the turnpike with friends is that much smarter hypocrite. Fact of the matter is he made a mistake that many of us make some of us too often. But practially no one on this forum has any right to put him down for what he did.

jdmwill
01-20-2008, 03:09 AM
funny how all these threads end.circus clown i understand that you would defend your friends rep at all cost.dont get me wrong i would do the same.but if that friend put somebodys life at risk or killed someone then it would be time to put the friendship aside.

as most of you know im a drifter along with a couple of friends.probably the only ones in philly.we have kept our "past time" to ourselves for the past several years.and i admit it is dangerous sport and all.but we have learn to keep it "off the streets". from going to sanctioned events.to finding secluded parts away from traffic and of course pedestrians.i am "not justifying" what i do at all.but letting you know there are safer ways to pursuit the automotive sports that we love without killing anybody.there plenty of new tracks opening up around us every year.so go there and wreck your car.

know what happened to joe spires it very tragic and all.but you would catch me at his memorial that you guys did.not because im a a$$hole and dont care.but because i do care i cant see anymore innocent lives dying so young for no fukin reason.i met joe several times at the whitman tavern meet.nice kid but no self control over his car.i knew he was going to get hurt one day but not die.i read on the threads dedicated to him.somebody wrote "that he died doing what he loved".who ever wrote that is a fn tard.how about his passenger did "he" died doing what he loved too.funny im pretty sure his wish was to die as a passenger in a car that he had no control off.

may these young lives rest in peace and my prayers go out to all the families involved.tara i dont know you but get well soon sweety.may this be the last time we read a thread like this.

fn sincerely
will ortega

ps everybody knows im a azzhole

Buster
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
^-- how an enthusiast should respond to a death. Thanks Will.

lagos
01-20-2008, 04:45 AM
. Fact of the matter is he made a mistake that many of us make some of us too often. But practially no one on this forum has any right to put him down for what he did.

Exactly.

No one is saying that its not the guys fault. Of course it is! He did something dumb, and paid the ultimate price for it. But its not a free pass to say bad things about someone who just lost his life. Its actually a sad story that we see happening in this scene way too often. Lets all at least pay some respect to a lost life, instead of trying to call the guy names.

DSMidiot
01-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Talk about dead end threads. :cyberguy:

evomike
01-20-2008, 06:39 AM
I may be the only one on this sight who cares or knows the truth to what happened. It wasn't a street racing accident and the girl you all feel bad for is a sister to me. I'm not asking for people to be sympathetic I just wanted to get it straight, I only met the dude a few times I know what happened I'm not gonna disclose my story but it wasn't street racing. I know I hardly post here but I just wanna set things straight it wasn't a street racing incadent, for those who keep saying it is feel free to pm me and ill set things straight. but untill you know what really happened keep your mouth shut or you'll look dumb when the truth comes out and you bashed someone for doing nothing and now they are dead, anyway you look at it its a bad situation and untill you know the real truth you shouldn't judge no matter who you are

evomike
01-20-2008, 07:06 AM
And wow I just read this whole tread, I love how the guy who started it is 100% correct with no facts or anything to prove it was street racing but heresay of a dude who showed up after it happened. That's what I love about this sight whatever the first person says is gold and correct and all you mindless idiots jump on that decison cause he said it was correct. Guess what he is wrong, and I know and have personally watched a lot of you on this site drive above the speed limit, so all I can say is before you know the facts for 100% truth shut your mouth don't judge or you may make some people angry. I'm pretty sure there are people angry about this because all of you pieces of **** assume its one thing cause the orrigonal post said it was, how about this go **** yourswelf ill start a thread about how you blow dudes and if I'm the first post ill be correct, all you assholes on this site are dickbag followers without a real opinion. But I will say thankyou for people who held out for the truth not hersay, I respect you beyond all measures, we all know we can't trust what someone posts on tristate because he heard that's what was true. If your mad at me from this go **** yourself if you have a problem pm me well settle it I know what really happened and it makes me mad that assholes will jump to conclusions cause their bedrrom door locks, and behind that door they have never made a bad decision in their lives. Guess what you all mad a bad decision to put blame out there without knowing fact now you've pissed people off and you shouldn't do that. And I do hope that tiny reads this cause I don't wanna seem like I'm putting the blame on you, all you did was post what you heard. Its just like when that dude died in his cobra people jumped to conclusions, I just wish people would be real and not internet tough guys cause they read something, if you wanna be a tough guy pm me circus clown or sponsored1 and be tough infront of who this affected when your monitor doenst protect you, get your ****ing facts straight or don't bash on someone

Chair-Force
01-20-2008, 08:24 AM
I may be the only one on this sight who cares or knows the truth to what happened. It wasn't a street racing accident and the girl you all feel bad for is a sister to me. I'm not asking for people to be sympathetic I just wanted to get it straight, I only met the dude a few times I know what happened I'm not gonna disclose my story but it wasn't street racing. I know I hardly post here but I just wanna set things straight it wasn't a street racing incadent, for those who keep saying it is feel free to pm me and ill set things straight. but untill you know what really happened keep your mouth shut or you'll look dumb when the truth comes out and you bashed someone for doing nothing and now they are dead, anyway you look at it its a bad situation and untill you know the real truth you shouldn't judge no matter who you are

.......What caused the crash? Not sure how you are "setting things straight" by not saying the cause.

sparklz17so
01-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Its incredible how mature and compassionate some people are. (**sarcasm**)
Those who resort to name calling and criticizing when they dont even know the whole story....

You guys must feel real good about yourselves to disrespect a young guy that just died, whether it be of poor decision making or not.

It must because you guys that sit online having nothing better to do then comment about other peoples mistakes are so perfect.

Scapegoat
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
eh, I'm done with this

sherwood
01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
say a prayer for his fam. they need all the support they can get. its hard to lose someone close..everyone knows that. expecially when a life is lost in a ehibition of speed. we all have done it and we all can sit here and say it was stupid..but we all have done it or have been in a car with someone else while they have done it. just take this as a lesson learned for everyone reading this and end the debates.

Tiny
01-20-2008, 11:50 AM
And wow I just read this whole tread, I love how the guy who started it is 100% correct with no facts or anything to prove it was street racing but heresay of a dude who showed up after it happened. That's what I love about this sight whatever the first person says is gold and correct and all you mindless idiots jump on that decison cause he said it was correct. Guess what he is wrong, and I know and have personally watched a lot of you on this site drive above the speed limit, so all I can say is before you know the facts for 100% truth shut your mouth don't judge or you may make some people angry. I'm pretty sure there are people angry about this because all of you pieces of **** assume its one thing cause the orrigonal post said it was, how about this go **** yourswelf ill start a thread about how you blow dudes and if I'm the first post ill be correct, all you assholes on this site are dickbag followers without a real opinion. But I will say thankyou for people who held out for the truth not hersay, I respect you beyond all measures, we all know we can't trust what someone posts on tristate because he heard that's what was true. If your mad at me from this go **** yourself if you have a problem pm me well settle it I know what really happened and it makes me mad that assholes will jump to conclusions cause their bedrrom door locks, and behind that door they have never made a bad decision in their lives. Guess what you all mad a bad decision to put blame out there without knowing fact now you've pissed people off and you shouldn't do that. And I do hope that tiny reads this cause I don't wanna seem like I'm putting the blame on you, all you did was post what you heard. Its just like when that dude died in his cobra people jumped to conclusions, I just wish people would be real and not internet tough guys cause they read something, if you wanna be a tough guy pm me circus clown or sponsored1 and be tough infront of who this affected when your monitor doenst protect you, get your ****ing facts straight or don't bash on someone

I would be happy to discuss this with ANYONE that would like to talk about it. If you truely read my first post I wasn't being judgemental. Just stating what I was told. I'm a lot closer to this then i'm letting on, but I don't want to put anyone eles's name out there.

It's a shame that Barb had to lose her son.

It's a shame that poor girl not only lost her brother, but now has lost a friend.

It's a shame that the poor kid had a tattoo of "life and death" and believed that he was going to die young.

However I will stand by my first post. This guy, along with another vehicle, flew by my friend and his wife so fast on Street Road that they couldn't even tell what color the two cars were at first. That is infuriating to me. Period.

If YOU want to discuss further, feel free to come talk to me. I don't mind and I would rather be face to face, because words only convey 7% of someone's emotion.

Kevin
01-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Yea, I'm still curious what caused this to happen.

ITSTOCK
01-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I must say that I'm a bit concerned with how people consider others their "sister".....

If my "sister" just got in a potentially life ending accident (where she was lucky to walk away, because she was, thankfully), with the driver putting her life at risk, I wouldn't react how a couple of you are. I would be pretty damn pissed off that some jackass felt the need to **** around and lose control, nearly killing my "sister".

So set the damn story straight. If he wasn't racing, he was still screwing around. You don't just snap a telephone pole and eject people from the car by driving carefully. Anyway, I revert back to my earlier post. It's still unfortunate either way that he lost his life, and he received the toughest lesson of all that 99% of this boards members could have gone through at one point in their life.

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Because 130+mph on the turnpike with friends is that much smarter hypocrite. Fact of the matter is he made a mistake that many of us make some of us too often. But practially no one on this forum has any right to put him down for what he did.

gotta love the hypocrites.....

i agree that EVERYONE at one time or the other have put innocent lives in danger when doing something we love. its not fair to the others on the roads and is very selfish. the guy did something unforgiveable and he paid the ultimate price. calling him names and bashing him doesnt bring him or anyone else any happyness so why do it? some people need to step back and take a look into the mirror.

prayers to all the families...

DeadReady
01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
being an EMT he should have known better. I think racing with a passenger is the dumbest thing you can ever do!!! I had 2 friends that got killed racing. one was driving with 2 other ppl i know in the car, they both walked away. and the other was a passenger riding with a buddy of mine. sad to hear. glad his passenger is alright.

PhillyLS1
01-20-2008, 03:08 PM
There is a DISTINCT difference between street rd and the Turnpike LOL. Yeah something "could" have happened, but it was a straight shot and clear. I also didn't have anyone else in the car.

I never said I was an angel but dude, street rd? C'mon. Ya gotta weigh the consequences.
I feel bad for his family, and it's a reality check, I just think he made a poor decision with where he choose to speed and the rate of speed.

zerioustt
01-20-2008, 04:30 PM
There is a DISTINCT difference between street rd and the Turnpike LOL. Yeah something "could" have happened, but it was a straight shot and clear. I also didn't have anyone else in the car.

I never said I was an angel but dude, street rd? C'mon. Ya gotta weigh the consequences.
I feel bad for his family, and it's a reality check, I just think he made a poor decision with where he choose to speed and the rate of speed.

so since it was the turnpike, no passengers, and was a straight shot that makes it ok? your a hypocrite plain and simple. anything can happen at anytime, only difference between his situation and your is something DID happen.

PhillyLS1
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
so since it was the turnpike, no passengers, and was a straight shot that makes it ok? your a hypocrite plain and simple. anything can happen at anytime, only difference between his situation and your is something DID happen.
No it doesn't make it ok. However there is a difference in road conditions between Street Rd and the highway.
So NO that isn't the only difference.

D Money
01-20-2008, 04:39 PM

something did happen then as well. He got a some 40 cars stopped at a toll booth and interigated by the cops because he was blocking up traffic on the turnpike to race another car, so bad that pedestrians who witnessed it all had time to call the authorties before we got off the exit. Yeah, some road with no cars on it, right? :roll: Luckily, some of us didn't wait around for them to give us all tickets....

All that to watch a twin turbo ls1 stay door to door with a automatic c5 non z06 vette. :cry: Go chummmmmmmmma! lol

So you are correct, he is a hypocrite.

Onto the topic of this thread, it's truely sad that this all happened, regardless of the reasoning.

05GT
01-20-2008, 04:47 PM

And people in here are suppose to listen to someone like you who comes in here and does pretty much nothing but curse and throw insults at people?

I can understand if you want to come in here and defend your friend if you knew him, but coming accross like that isn't going to make anyone listen, nor gain you any respect.

Question : Were you there when it happened?

If not, then all you know is hearsay, just like the rest of us. So between you, just hearing a story from someone else that might have been close with the guy who died, and Tiny's friend who WAS THERE, who do you expect people to believe? Seriously.

I can understand you getting upset at people on here calling him and idiot or a moron or whatever. But you can't get upset at people listening to what's being told to them from someone who was at the scene.

Why would Tiny's friend lie? What would he have to gain from it? And as Tiny just mentioned, he is closer to this then he is letting on...so what good would it do him to lie? None.

What happened, happened, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. Why fight over it? Let it be a lesson to everyone, just like when Blair died in the Cobra.

PhillyLS1
01-20-2008, 05:23 PM
something did happen then as well. He got a some 40 cars stopped at a toll booth and interigated by the cops because he was blocking up traffic on the turnpike to race another car, so bad that pedestrians who witnessed it all had time to call the authorties before we got off the exit. Yeah, some road with no cars on it, right? :roll: Luckily, some of us didn't wait around for them to give us all tickets....

All that to watch a twin turbo ls1 stay door to door with a automatic c5 non z06 vette. :cry: Go chummmmmmmmma! lol

So you are correct, he is a hypocrite.

Onto the topic of this thread, it's truely sad that this all happened, regardless of the reasoning.
Whoa. Hold on a sec.
First off I wasn't the only one screw'n around that day. There were guys taking pictures blocking traffic too. Don't put that day all on me.
Second the police were called because of an altercation that happened between 2 cars.
Third I DID pull over and was prepared to face the music. The cops were nice enough to let us go.
Fourth and least important I am not a twin turbo car, and that race wasn't even close. Where are you getting this door to door stuff?

I am not saying I have never done anything stupid. I've been very lucky.
I am TRYING to say without you guys jumping all over me is:

Take what happened to this guy and learn from it. Someplace like street rd will get you hurt.
What I did that day at that meet was STUPID. I learned my lesson. But I strongly feel that it wasn't as risky as Street Rd.

I'm done with this. My condolences to the family.

RSX Type-Slow
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
someone like you who comes in here and does pretty much nothing but curse and throw insults at people?

he says it like it is......no matter what

ILLJIM69
01-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Its incredible how mature and compassionate some people are. (**sarcasm**)
Those who resort to name calling and criticizing when they dont even know the whole story....

You guys must feel real good about yourselves to disrespect a young guy that just died, whether it be of poor decision making or not.

It must because you guys that sit online having nothing better to do then comment about other peoples mistakes are so perfect.

but my mommy says i am perfect, so ha!

jim

05GT
01-21-2008, 02:00 AM
he says it like it is......no matter what

Umm and your point? I always speak my mind too, but that doesn't mean I have to curse to do it. The point you seemed to miss in my post was that why should anyone listen to him as opposed to Tiny? Especially when he comes in here acting just as stupid and like a "tough guy" as some of the others in this thread.

ILLJIM69
01-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Umm and your point? I always speak my mind too, but that doesn't mean I have to curse to do it. The point you seemed to miss in my post was that why should anyone listen to him as opposed to Tiny? Especially when he comes in here acting just as stupid and like a "tough guy" as some of the others in this thread.

hey, watch out.........you might make "some people" angry. :lol:

jim