PDA

View Full Version : EVO Roll Call

9 Ball
02-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Alright... Jay's got the MR... Mike's got the RS, and I've got the 8 with a sunroof. ;) I know there are several other EVOs that have joined in the past month or so, however, I'm a little curious as to how many members are here. Some of "us" EVO owners on "other forums" can be a little anti-social, so I'm here to spread a little peace and love. You'll see me in northeast Philly or in Lansdowne PA.

Sound off, folks. :thumbup:

DSMs also welcome. :cool:

97TSi
02-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm a DSMer myself :banana: See sig.
Definitely partial to the EVO over the STi.
I can be found in S. Jersey, haddonfield, audobon, cherry hill region.

ixlr811s
02-26-2005, 08:22 PM
another DSM here, South Jersey, Cherry Hill, Hainesport, Lumberton area. My buddy Justin has and Evo in Moorestown.

the mike
02-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Obviously I have an EVO. RS baby. Rolling up your windows is the coolest!

NirvanCol
02-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I have a Talon, but as soon as i graduate (this may) and can afford one, i will be getting an evo 8 or an evo 8 RS :supz:

stichris
02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
If any of you guys wanna get beat up on, just let me know ;) I'm still rollin on a nice high of evo-smokage.

Just teasing,

Chris

naSTI
02-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey Chris,

Do you get Dejavu when you look at this??

<----------

LOL!!! Just kidding y'all!!

It may be cuz I'm old and/or maybe tired of the rivalry, but even though I may joke about it, I don't feel the same about EVOs as I did back in the days of Mustang v. Camaro. Much respect to the EVO.

./Da Bomber

stichris
02-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Hahaha!

Yeah, I have respect for the EVO as well. It's a great car! But there's a reason I ended up with the STi ;)

TrboChicsRock
02-28-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm a DSMer. I have a 98 Eclipse GST. I really, really, really wish I owned a white Evo though....

9 Ball
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm a DSMer. I have a 98 Eclipse GST. I really, really, really wish I owned a white Evo though....

Any time you're in town, hit me up... we'll go for ride. :thumbup:

97TSi
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
I have a Talon, but as soon as i graduate (this may) and can afford one, i will be getting an evo 8 or an evo 8 RS :supz:

Just curious, where you graduating from and w/what degree to afford an EVO 8 out of school??? Awesome if you can, but be careful w/student loans. They're a mother****er :thumbdow:

9 Ball
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Take my advice guys (and gals) stay in school. The road is long, but worth the time.

teh DIRT
03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Take my advice guys (and gals) stay in school. The road is long, but worth the time.

boourns. :thumbdow:

TrboChicsRock
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM

Any time you're in town, hit me up... we'll go for ride. :thumbup:

I'm holding you to that haha :D

TehWagon
03-02-2005, 02:27 PM
My... how the topics change within one thread!
but as long as we're there, peter, stay in school, dangit!
:eek:
Back to teh evo topic, there is a white Evo 8 i always see in/around the Ellisburg Shopping center area- Some kind of decal on the wing- turbo trix if i remember correctly- Is he/she on here?

SilverEVO
03-10-2005, 11:19 PM
My first day on the boards.

Got a Silver 8. No other Evo's on the board???

the mike
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Not too many, these guys can't handle the power. :mrgreen:
There were two at the Red Robin meet in Neshaminy(myself and another).
Welcome to the board by the way! :partyman:

9 Ball
03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
My first day on the boards.

Got a Silver 8. No other Evo's on the board???

Welcome! :thumbup:

So far, I think the count is around six, with you included.

There's me... then you have "the Mike" and the RS, Jay aka "Maron10" and his MR, "evilution" looking sharp in blue, and I think there maybe one other EVO guy on here... cain't remember. Five or six I think.

Again, Rock on man! :supz:

the mike
03-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Turbotool is the other one. :wiggle:

9 Ball
03-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Turbotool is the other one. :wiggle:

O.K.

That makes six, that we know about.

the mike
03-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Out of 221, not the best turnout.... :lol:

9 Ball
03-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Don't sweat Mike.

We're gonna take over this site... all six of us, damn it.

There's a couple others around town, however, I haven't had the chance to pull up next to them and give 'em the heads up on the site. There's a girl out in Delaware County that drives the hell out of a white EVO. I've run into her several times (cuts a guys hair that I know who owns an auto detailing shop.) She walked my friends 290whp WRX. Her launch was absolutely sick.

I'll have to try and catch up with her... she's a fast one. ;)

And to make matters worse... she's very hot.

the mike
03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
She might be the elusive "white EVO girl". It is imperative that you track her down, for the good of TST. ;)

9 Ball
03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I know. She's notorious.

She works at a hair salon in a shopping complex in Del County. Don't want to say where, I'm sure you understand why. ;) The guy at the detailing shop tinted her windows not too long ago.

I'll see if I can track her down.

If she gets on here, it's gonna be like the damn Olympics... cats are gonna be doing back flips for her.

the mike
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
There's Criz's buddy Chris, BadassEVO. He's here too. He has the coolest part, that carbon fiber license plate surround. Sooo cool. :thumbup:

9 Ball
03-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Seven!

We're roll'n deep now... look out TST!

evilution
03-12-2005, 09:39 AM
"If any of you guys wanna get beat up on, just let me know I'm still rollin on a nice high of evo-smokage."

obviously have not raced a fast evo....or maybe the evos you raced just could not drive cause i have never lost to an STI...... i can recall you making a coment about never seeing the back of and evo...thats cause they are usually so far ahead of you all you can see is 2 little red lights!! hahaha

NirvanCol
03-12-2005, 06:19 PM

Just curious, where you graduating from and w/what degree to afford an EVO 8 out of school??? Awesome if you can, but be careful w/student loans. They're a *no cursing!* :thumbdow:

well, i will be graduating with a BS in mechanical engineering technology from penn state. so, i should be able to get a pretty good job out of school, but we'll see. and yes, loans come first :(

SilverEVO
03-12-2005, 10:16 PM
There are 2 other evo's real close to me in Bucks Co, a white one and a yellow one w/ a short tail. Is the yellow one anyone on here? And I've seen a black one in Langhorne a couple of times.

MuddyREX
03-13-2005, 10:56 AM
The guy with the modded yellow Evo with the lancer spoiler has come to a few meets. Ask the mike about it.

the mike
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
The Lightning Yellow one is Stephan/Stefan(not sure of the spelling). He's a cool guy, just hasn't been out in a while.

9 Ball
03-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I think Stephan has been working nights right now... gotta make that money.

the mike
03-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Ahhh, maybe he'll be able to work days once they are longer.

9 Ball
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
"If any of you guys wanna get beat up on, just let me know I'm still rollin on a nice high of evo-smokage."

Yeah, I saw that quote too, Evilution. The STI's don't bother me all that much when they talk smack... it's kinda like a friendly jab among respected warriors. The ones that really crack me up are the non-WRX/STI owners that can't even stay within the same zip code with us.

They're the real funny ones... and they talk the most smack too. What the hell is that? (Laughs) :rolleyes:

stichris
03-14-2005, 06:39 PM
it's kinda like a friendly jab among respected warriors.

Nicely put. That is exactly how I mean it. I have mad love for the turbocharged, AWD sedans that we drive.

That being said, I'll race you, Evilution. Perhaps neither of us have raced fast competition? :)

evilution
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM
oh trust me i have raced fast comp..... many STI's at that..... but i know it was just a "friendly jab" and i will run ya for fun to!!!....i can never pass up a race.

justin

stichris
03-14-2005, 09:56 PM
12.4 is mighty respectable. I think we'd be a decent run, but you should have the edge over me. The launch will decide ;)

evilution
03-14-2005, 10:10 PM
i think i am gonna try to get to atco this sunday....i go for the AEM EMS tune on friday up at turbo trix....i cant wait!!!

stichris
03-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Wish I could be there! I'm taking the m3 down to sunny key west ;)

criz
03-15-2005, 02:26 PM
count me in for the racing! :devil:

for the record, I love EVOs, especially since they are far more aggressive lookingi than the STis... when you have AWD and turbos in the mix... you gotta love it... we're both in love with the same passion... just a slightly different blend

-chris

stichris
03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey, you like Whiskey, I like vodka!

criz
03-15-2005, 02:42 PM
more like we like vodka, they like whiskey

ha ha

stichris
03-15-2005, 03:26 PM
TRUE!

9 Ball
03-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Evilution,

How many miles do you have?

Has it been running smooth with the mods?

9 Ball
03-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Actually... this question should be for everyone.

How many miles...

Any problems soo far?

I've got 28,200 miles... with the stock clutch... no s#!t. No problems soo far.

the mike
03-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I have 5300. Yes hundred.
Stock clutch sucked at 1000 miles, sou out it went. I think Justin said he was on #3.
No other problems to report, except that I think I cracked a seat. Yuk it up, I was leaning into the back to manually unlock the pass rear door. :roll:

Aaron
03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Why not just use the power doorlocks? :lol:

9 Ball
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM

You can't let that one slide, Mike. :mrgreen:

evilution
03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
yeah i am at 40000 miles ( had it for 2 years daily driver) i have had only drivetrain problems.....my fault.... i went through 1 tranny 2 transfer cases (now on my fourth clutch mike...) 2 clutches were cause the rear main seal was bad 2 times....other then that no probelms at all....all except the rear main seal was really my fault...i beat the living piss outa my car....correction i used to beat the living piss outa the car..... All in all for the mods and the power i am putting out i have no complaints.... car still drives great and everything...

the mike
03-16-2005, 12:44 AM

Because, smartypants, I don't have that fancy stuff. :P

9 Ball
03-16-2005, 07:14 AM
yeah i am at 40000 miles ( had it for 2 years daily driver) i have had only drivetrain problems.....my fault.... i went through 1 tranny 2 transfer cases (now on my fourth clutch mike...) 2 clutches were cause the rear main seal was bad 2 times....other then that no probelms at all....all except the rear main seal was really my fault...i beat the living piss outa my car....correction i used to beat the living piss outa the car..... All in all for the mods and the power i am putting out i have no complaints.... car still drives great and everything...

Cool. I've been curious about how other EVOs with miles and mods have been doing. Considering I still have the stock clutch at almost 30,000 (I'm the only one I know) you can assume mine has been running great.
Got my EVO Feb 28th 2004 (been a year now.)

the mike
03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Damn Jeff, drive much?

9 Ball
03-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Damn Jeff, drive much?

I like Corn Flakes, I'm at the corner store a lot... :mrgreen:

After I got the car, I drove almost everyday. I work 12:00AM to 8:00AM, so I "literally" drove all day every day (just so I could get to 5000 miles so I could really let it rip.)

Then I had the nerve to drive to Atlanta at the begining of June (to see the family.) Raced a modded Z28 on I85 south... 4 times (he just wouldn't give up)

Went to the Atlanta street races... met a bunch of EVOs... drove all over town with them and a motorcycle hunting for prey... drove back... raced a girl in a blue MP3 on I85 (that's another story all together)

By the time I got back to Philly, I had almost 9,000 miles... sick, I know.

I know I can put miles on a car so when I'm not racing, I'm very, very easy on the EVO; I shift at 2800 rpm, drive under 75 :eek:

So when it's time to go to war, I've got plenty of clutch to launch at 5500rpm.

SilverEVO
03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Cool. I've been curious about how other EVOs with miles and mods have been doing. Considering I still have the stock clutch at almost 30,000 (I'm the only one I know) you can assume mine has been running great.

I don't get to drive enough! I got mine Jan 20, 04 and I still only have 13,000 on it. But I have to say, the clutch is starting to lose grip. Launches are pretty weak. I hadn't driven a stick in 3 years before I bought the Evo, so I'm sure it's my driving.

9 Ball
03-16-2005, 06:35 PM

I don't get to drive enough! I got mine Jan 20, 04 and I still only have 13,000 on it. But I have to say, the clutch is starting to lose grip. Launches are pretty weak. I hadn't driven a stick in 3 years before I bought the Evo, so I'm sure it's my driving.

Good to hear from you again Silver E. :thumbup:

If this is your first all-wheel drive... it can take some getting used to. Launching an all-wheeler is very tricky. I've been driving stick since the early 90s :eek: and have been through my share of clutches (and two motors in the RX-7.)

When I first started driving, I went through two clutches (and that was in a '89 Sub GL wagon with only 90hp. Pathetic. :eek: ) I couldn't figure out why, however, I am a MORE experienced driver now and the cause was most likely my youth and inexperience. I'm not saying it's you (the clutch on the EVO is pretty week) but I have noticed most of the younger guys (early-mid 20's) have been killing clutches like clock work.

There's not much room for error when launching over 5000rpm and if you've never done it before, the thought of it is pretty scary. Even when you do it well at the track, you're still killing the clutch, but if your slightly off the mark, you'll be replacing them at every oil change.

Another tip... make sure you "ALWAYS" match revs during your daily driving (down-shifting, up-shifting, street, highway, etc.) That was something I didn't quite understand some time ago. If you try and count how many times you shift in a day, then factor the amount of ware you put on your trans and clutch, you'll be more conscious of how you shift. :cool:

teh DIRT
03-16-2005, 07:01 PM
since i also just started driving a stick....sorta. i would love for someone to tell me how i can rev-match, double-clutch, any other ****. i kinda know heel toe a little bit.....but i always seem to screw it up,

TalonTsi97
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a DSM. 97 Eagle Talon tsi. I definetely plan on getting a used EVO 9 down the road. I want a MR but i heard that all the options and what makes it a MR will be standard on the 9 plus i like what i saw so far picture wise. I have heard they are great cars but i havent been in one yet, so i dont know. I love STI's but i am partial to the dsm thing but i still dont know if the oppurtunity was there rite know which one i would buy. Do know anyone personnally with either one so i have no clue about some stuff.
Definetely want either one in white. Best color out there.

MuddyREX
03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
since i also just started driving a stick....sorta. i would love for someone to tell me how i can rev-match, double-clutch, any other *no cursing!*. i kinda know heel toe a little bit.....but i always seem to screw it up,

Practice, practice, practice.... ;)

When I first got my WRX (my first manual car) I took two days off so I could learn how to drive it.

SilverEVO
03-16-2005, 11:32 PM
(and two motors in the RX-7.)

You had a rotary too, huh? Sweet! I've had 3 Rx-7s (1st and 2nd gen only, though). Couldn't get the 3rd, because I couldn't afford one till I got married, but then I was married...

I was hoping to get the Rx-8, but after I drove the Evo that was that.

As far as your advice, yeah I do the rev matching, but when it comes to launching, I stink. In fact, I burnt my clutch tonight on a launch. But, I'm getting there.

the mike
03-17-2005, 09:00 AM
I have a DSM. 97 Eagle Talon tsi. I definetely plan on getting a used EVO 9 down the road. I want a MR but i heard that all the options and what makes it a MR will be standard on the 9 plus i like what i saw so far picture wise. I have heard they are great cars but i havent been in one yet, so i dont know. I love STI's but i am partial to the dsm thing but i still dont know if the oppurtunity was there rite know which one i would buy. Do know anyone personnally with either one so i have no clue about some stuff.
Definetely want either one in white. Best color out there.
Just know that the EVO IX will be a direct injection version of the 4G63, and it will take a while to get performance parts for it.

MuddyREX
03-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey Mike. Since this is the Evo thread...

Whats the differences between the RS and the and the standard evo? I know it's cheaprerbecause they delete a bunch of stuff (ABS, radio, power windows and doorlocks, sunroof, etc.) but Mitsu only claims it's 40lbs less!??!?

the mike
03-17-2005, 09:30 AM
The RS was supposed to be a stripped down, ready-to-race version.
Originally it was a GSR(regular) EVO without: ABS, sunroof, HID's, power windows, power locks, radio/speakers, A/C (and the compressor and condenser), trunk lining, sound deading, and a few other things I can't think of right this second.
No one was buying the RS without A/C, so they added it back on as a standard feature. They also added the aluminium rear cross trunk brace and an LSD in the front for the RS.(part of the weight discrepancy)
The 05 RS has the active center diff and the aluminium roof panel, like the MR.

So now I need an MR trans and center diff/AYC controls!! :wiggle:

MuddyREX
03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
I figured a stripped down version would equate to more than a 40 pound weight difference :roll:

the mike
03-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah. The original numbers were supposed to be closer to 150 lbs. Oh well, I like rolling down my windows. :banana:

MuddyREX
03-17-2005, 09:41 AM
The reason i'm asking is that I went to a Mitsu dealer the other day and almost bought one..... :devil:

the mike
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
HEH, almost. I have never looked back. The only thing I miss are the Subaru people. EVO people are dicks for the most part. :wiggle:

97TSi
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
EVO people are dicks for the most part. :wiggle:

Really?? I've met one or two that were douche bags, but for the most part they've all been cool. I've found that the biggest dicks are Supra drivers. Every time I try to talk to one in the lanes at the track they just kinda blow me off like I'm bothering them cuz I don't drive an almighty supra myself :roll:

MuddyREX
03-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I've found that the biggest dicks are Supra drivers.

I was on the PA turnpike one day when a guy in a red Supra with a huge front mount pulled up next to me. I threw him a thumbs up, and he gave me a thumbs down. Then he flipped me the bird. What a cock sucker.

9 Ball
03-18-2005, 09:15 AM
since i also just started driving a stick....sorta. i would love for someone to tell me how i can rev-match, double-clutch, any other *no cursing!*. i kinda know heel toe a little bit.....but i always seem to screw it up,

There is no one "big secret" that a driver uses, however, there are "many" little techniques, when combined, helps a driver utilized the performance of the car more efficiently. I'm a decent driver, but I'm absolutely floored when I watch the Japanese drivers do their thing in the Best Motoring vids. (I've been trying some of their techniques.)

Back when I was in school, I took motorcycle lessons. And you ask, who needs motorcycle lessons? I flew airplanes durring my college years, so my logic at the time was "motorcylces are even MORE dangerous than planes, it wouldn't hurt to take bike lessons."

It was a great experience. Many of the "little" techniques that I learned when ridding, helped to improve my techniques as an automobile driver, and I still use them especially when I'm in the EVO.

It's like playing an instrument, some people are good, others are great. The key is how well you execute and combine all of the techniques that you've learned. :thumbup:

9 Ball
03-18-2005, 09:26 AM
And yeah, some of the EVO guys are a little... odd.

the mike
03-18-2005, 09:35 AM

Did you do a drive through at Red Robin last night? There was an Apex Silver EVO that drove in, looked around, and then left.
???????

SilverEVO
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Did you do a drive through at Red Robin last night? There was an Apex Silver EVO that drove in, looked around, and then left.
???????

Yup, that was me...
I was driving home on Rte 1, remembered that it was Thurs, so I drove by hoping M3_John would be there (he's the one who told me about the site.) and to see what kind of cars showed up.
Unfortunately, I had my wife and kids in the car, so I couldn't stop. Actually, I thought everyone would be inside eating and no one would be outside 'cause I felt silly just leaving. Hopefully, I'll be able to stop next time...

the mike
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
We were actually in the lobby waiting to be seated.(hard to find room for 15 people :cool: ) when you drove through. There were some people outside still though.

freddietvo
09-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I got a 03 evo 8 in the allentown area

the mike
09-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread anymore.

Hard to believe the EVO numbers(total users w/EVO's) are still so low.

xEJ20x
09-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread anymore.

Its cause they hate turn-coats like you Mike.

You're lucky we WRX owners are so forgiving. :finga:

Little G
09-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I have an 05 Electric blue evo!!

ggmr610
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
mr here.

sikrsix
09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
RS - Power windows are for lazy people! :) lol

the mike
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
RS - Power windows are for lazy people! :) lol
Amen Brother!!

03tarmacblack
09-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I got a stock 03 evo.

turbotool
09-12-2005, 07:05 PM
I also have an 03 tarmac black. Its a shame I didn't see this thread when you guys originally posted it. Just for the record I used to be "turbotool". Oh yeah, I'm stock too. He he.

Matt2.8NJ
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
EVO VIII MR in Silver. Central NJ...you can find me autocrossing or at the track (a real one, not "I live my life 1/4 mile at a time")

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/2001/images/FastFurious2.jpg

TORETTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

9 Ball
09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow, this thread got resurrected. Cool… when I started this thread, the Evo numbers were really, really low. To make matter worse, Mike jumped ship. :eek:

I’ve seen a few of the new owners at the meets… but once again, welcome to all the new members. :thumbup:

Yeah, but I don’t think we will ever outnumber the Subies, but we’ve got much more then back in the spring. There’s even 5 or 6 of us that show at the meets regularly… :rock:

9 Ball
01-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Bump

There’s been a large influx of Evos lately. I’m curious to get another count… :wink:

silver05bullet
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I got one silver, and i drive it like i stole it

Evolved
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
'04 Bby SSL

Why can't I post in caps?

D Money
01-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a subie, but I want an evo really really bad.

Matt2.8NJ
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
we need a jersey meet...how about something near princeton?

9 Ball
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM

So does Choi. :mrgreen:

D Money
01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
So does Choi. :mrgreen:
Well that must say something, we are both modded wrx's that want evo's bad. lol right jeff?

olsookie
01-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I'z a gotz an 05 Silver Evo...

My name is Tom and I am an Alcoholic, whoa! wrong forum... I mean, I live in Levittown....

9 Ball
01-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Well that must say something, we are both modded wrx's that want evo's bad. lol right jeff?

He's pretty much gone as far as he can with the WRX (without up-grading the internals.) However, Choi knows all to well (as do most Subie owners,) this is just the tip of the ice berg for my car.:wink:

silver05bullet
01-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Trade your WRX i bet you some Mitsu dealers will give you an even trade for a 9 considering all the stuff you got on your car...

As to the mileage question earlier in the thread i got an 05 EVO and just hit 38000 miles today driving to work, thats right 38000 miles and about to be on the 3rd clutch in a week or two.

IBLIS
01-03-2006, 11:11 AM
My brother is another local, he has a red 04 RS

Evolved
01-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Trade your WRX i bet you some Mitsu dealers will give you an even trade for a 9 considering all the stuff you got on your car...

Not a chance.

9 Ball
01-09-2006, 07:32 AM
...38000 miles and about to be on the 3rd clutch in a week or two.

Are you replacing it with a stock clutch each time or an aftermarket?

Matt2.8NJ
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM

Um...no. Not even a chance in hell.

ElectricEVO
01-13-2006, 02:59 PM
EVO here in Toms River, NJ

Philly Boy
01-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Um...no. Not even a chance in hell.
Yeah, that's why I don't even try to deal with. Just wait for the X! The all new X will be much more superior car without a doubt.

03tarmacblack
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's why I don't even try to deal with. Just wait for the X! The all new X will be much more superior car without a doubt.
Ill stick with the one I have now or maybe in the future pick up and evo IX too.

Evolved
01-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't buy one in the first year.

9 Ball
01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't buy one in the first year.

I’m itching to see the new X and GT-R. It probably isn’t a good idea to buy the car in the first year, but I know I can’t wait. I’ll be down there the day they roll off the car carrier. :mrgreen:

Philly Boy
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
I’m itching to see the new X and GT-R. It probably isn’t a good idea to buy the car in the first year, but I know I can’t wait. I’ll be down there the day they roll off the car carrier. :mrgreen:
I know you can't wait, Jeff but you can enjoy your VIII until then.

I wouldn't worry about the first year model because I trust Evo line up. They are already tenth generation without any problems. The Evo is the history!

Evolved
01-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't worry about the first year model because I trust Evo line up. They are already tenth generation without any problems. The Evo is the history!
It's a total redesign. New engine and everything.

silver05bullet
01-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Are you replacing it with a stock clutch each time or an aftermarket?
ACT street disk

03tarmacblack
01-16-2006, 09:34 PM
ACT street disk
damn 3 clutches... :confused: wonder what the problem is...... :rofl:

Philly Boy
01-17-2006, 07:36 AM
ACT street disk
Wow, I know the clutch replacement cost on Evo's is very expensive(up to $1200) unless you are doing it yourself. That means you have spent already over $3000 just for the clutches. Damn!

What's your next clutch?

silver05bullet
01-17-2006, 08:48 AM
damn 3 clutches... :confused: wonder what the problem is...... :rofl:

Theres no problem other than the car does not see normal driving lol, beating the **** out of it any chance i get, this is the third one im on

silver05bullet
01-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Wow, I know the clutch replacement cost on Evo's is very expensive(up to $1200) unless you are doing it yourself. That means you have spent already over $3000 just for the clutches. Damn!

What's your next clutch?

almost 2000$ spent im on the 3rd clutch now including the POS stocker, I guess you got to pay to play

Pocket_Rocket
01-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Just subscribing to this thread..

06 Electric Blue IX here. No SSL.. All business.

http://pocket-rocket.smugmug.com/photos/49853559-M.jpg

Mr. SUAVE
02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
bump!

brk4sti
02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I have a rs pile of garbage ha all keyed up and what not and about the clutches I got 42k outta mine and I beat the crap outta the car now I have a spec stage 3 and there is my buddy slowevo he has a silver 03

Matt2.8NJ
02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Werd

peteyturbo
02-23-2006, 02:37 AM
05 GG MR in NE Philly, ANY scooby wants some, don't hesitate to pm me :drag:

alwaysinboost
03-14-2006, 11:00 PM
anyone with a wingless WW RS trunk want to trade trunk lids... must be weightless white in color.