PDA

View Full Version : Brake light switch

DropTopChevy
01-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know how to install one of these on an Audi TT? I have read that they are hard to install without breaking and well long story short I broke it whole installing a new one. :mrgreen: Can anyone help me install this when I get a new one tomorrow?

naDintheHat
01-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Checked the tex and found this guide. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158315

Also searched google and found that guide pointed to by AudiWorld.

DropTopChevy
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Checked the tex and found this guide. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158315

Also searched google and found that guide pointed to by AudiWorld.
<Passatboy02

I posted in that thread a few hours ago cause no one on there has a TT which has a switch part # ending in E which is not even in the thread. I broke it trying to install it. I was hoping to get help from maybe an Audi tech :mrgreen:

DropTopChevy
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Bought the new and improved version that VW has and Doesn't break as easily :mrgreen: Glad I didn't have to make another trip to Willow Grove.

LilRedVDub
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Bought the new and improved version that VW has and Doesn't break as easily :mrgreen: Glad I didn't have to make another trip to Willow Grove.

Ask Tommy :wink:

DropTopChevy
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Ask Tommy :wink:

I was thinking about bringing the TT to the meet but I finally got it. I drove all the way to willow grove to buy and old version of the part to only drive to langhorne the next day and get the part for a jetta (universal) and it work perfectly and it came with instructions and cost hanlf as much. I wasted my birthday going to Audi of Willow Grove. :mrgreen:

300zdave
01-31-2008, 11:14 PM
you may wanna check i think that switch is recalled!!!! that mean free fix. i know i was for the VW but i dont know about the TTs

DropTopChevy
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Asked them about the TT cause I saw that on Vortex, but the TT has a different number even though its the same part. I got 2 completely different parts numbers when I went from the Audi dealer to the VW dealer and asked for the same part. (The VW part # being the one recalled)