PDA

View Full Version : The New WRXs

xEJ20x
08-20-2005, 02:49 PM
So I got my newest issue of SubieSport (http://bbs.subiesport.com/forums/vbindex.php). :thumbup:

And they had information on the new Impreza line (2.5 i wagon, WRX, STi).
The one that I had more interest in was the WRX.

The changes to the WRXs are;
-larger motor, it is now using the EJ25 motor from the Forester 2.5XT and STi.
-The speed governor now goes up to 150mph. :eek:
-The brakes have been upgraded. Subaru 4 piston up fron and two piston on rears, red caliper with Subaru written in white, ala Legacy GT. :inlove:
-Front suspension links from the STi are now on the WRX.
-The WRX now will have 17" wheels instead of the 16"
-Quicker steering ratio, 15.0:1 instead of the 16.5:1 which feels like your driving an Outback. :mrgreen:

Along with these upgrades, the WRX will now be available in trim levels.
WRX TR: base model - cheaper quality seats, a basic stereo...thats pretty much it. :screwy:

WRX: pretty much our model guys, but sporting the new toys. :finga:

WRX Limited: Luxury Model - leather interior, sunroof, heated front seats, heated mirrors, wiper de-icer and the limited is available in sedan or wagon. :wiggle:

Sorry guys, still no HIDs. :furious:

igo4bmx
08-20-2005, 02:55 PM
does it look like the new sti :(

xEJ20x
08-20-2005, 02:56 PM
does it look like the new sti :(

Unfortunately. But I hear the aftermarket is awaiting the grill replacements.

TROLL
08-20-2005, 03:41 PM
what that means to me is...

what parts and how much money do i need to get that steering rack?

" those brakes?

bryan

03tarmacblack
08-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Ive been the new sti and new wrx up close. To me they looked ugly in pics, but upclose they both look pretty good.

alachua
08-20-2005, 06:55 PM

" those brakes?

bryan

compared to buying factory parts, you are probably better off having a quicker rack modification done, via core exchange.

The calipers are the same as the Euro/JDM 4 pots from v6 and back STi's. You can get the front set up for around 550-650 with all the parts you need. They take 300zx pads, so there is about a million choices.

-Cliff

OutOfStock
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
so the wrx wont have the Ej20 anymore? Uggghh...now explaining to noobcakes between the STI and WRX will be harder because the whole this one has a smaller engine always worked so much better....

xEJ20x
08-20-2005, 07:37 PM
so the wrx wont have the Ej20 anymore? Uggghh...now explaining to noobcakes between the STI and WRX will be harder because the whole this one has a smaller engine always worked so much better....

True enthusiasts will get the bugeye models. :mrgreen:

Raven18940
08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Why do they have to kill off a good engine just so stupid Americans can have more displacement. Ugggggghhh. :(
Sorry guys, still no HIDs.
Well they gotta save something for the 9-2X since they nicked the steering rack and leather interior. :P

the mike
08-23-2005, 01:20 PM

" those brakes?

bryan

Yeah, what he said.

Raven18940
08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
4 piston brake calipers? What the hell for? :lol: