PDA

View Full Version : For Final Fantasy nerds like myself

XAlliedYouthX
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16734

Ender81
12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I'll have to look at it at home since work blocks it. Care to provide a quick description.

Renegade_
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I'll have to look at it at home since work blocks it. Care to provide a quick description.
Some metrosexual guy kicks lots of ass with what looks like a cloud character clone appear at the end of the trailer.

Ender81
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
lmao thanks

XAlliedYouthX
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
It's a trailer for FFXIII. Can't tell if it's a guy or girl but yeah they are kicking ass. There are a few clips of what I think were in game footage along with a Shiva and then at the end a guy that resembles Cloud appears on a bike. The guy on the bike doesn't look like Cloud from FFVII or Advent Children though.

Pulled from the Wiki page:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Newcharacter_ff13.jpg

IntegrasAreBest
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
this looks sick! that girl looks like Yuna from FFX. Hmm that could be Cloud.

SleeperGoat
12-18-2007, 03:31 AM
It looks like the bike cloud was riding on in the movie but didnt cloud have huge long swords on both sides of the bike an i dont think they'd have him resort to a gun would they? I mean the dude is mean as hell with his swords alone, if it is him they should have had him come in an slice them all while on the bike.

doug
12-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Cloud and Sephiroth.. best hero and villain pair ever.

Renegade_
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Cloud and Sephiroth.. best hero and villain pair ever.
Sephiroth wasn't the best villain ever. He just moped around all of 7 and wanted to destroy the planet. All the other villains in subsequent games had higher goals. In 8, Ultimecia wanted to gain control of all time and in 9, Kuja wanted to undo existence. Sounds like a lot more evil to me than killing Aeris and destroying a planet...

Thats just my opinion on it...

XAlliedYouthX
12-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Sprite based villains > polygonal villains

Zarno
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Sephiroth wasn't the best villain ever. He just moped around all of 7 and wanted to destroy the planet. All the other villains in subsequent games had higher goals. In 8, Ultimecia wanted to gain control of all time and in 9, Kuja wanted to undo existence. Sounds like a lot more evil to me than killing Aeris and destroying a planet...

Thats just my opinion on it...

But he killed Aeris!

Anyway, do we know when this new one is going to be released?

Renegade_
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
But he killed Aeris!

Anyway, do we know when this new one is going to be released?
I don't know why people were in an upcry about Aeris dying... First time I played through I didn't really care... I did care when Blank got petrified though for some reason.

Zarno
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't know why people were in an upcry about Aeris dying... First time I played through I didn't really care... I did care when Blank got petrified though for some reason.

Seto? (thanks wiki)

When I first played FFVII I was only a grade schooler - 3rd or 4th grade or something. I was pretty sad for both, being a little kid and all, but now that you mention it I did feel a lot worse for Seto (which I'm not totally sure is his name).

Dunno why. I guess being petrified but still alive just sucks really hard.

Renegade_
12-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Seto? (thanks wiki)

When I first played FFVII I was only a grade schooler - 3rd or 4th grade or something. I was pretty sad for both, being a little kid and all, but now that you mention it I did feel a lot worse for Seto (which I'm not totally sure is his name).

Dunno why. I guess being petrified but still alive just sucks really hard.

Blank was from IX. I referenced him because he is a side character as well with even less playtime than Aeris but I was more pissed off when we lost him than I was with Aeris.

XAlliedYouthX
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't remember if it was definitely in the Japanese version or not but they did have it planned so you could bring her back to life. In the US version they still had the items implemented but not usable to bring her back.

SleeperGoat
12-19-2007, 03:19 AM
you could hack it using game shark to bring her back an max her out lol.

Spocknasty
12-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Ah nothing will ever beat 7. The universe in 8 was damn cool though.

The art direction for this game is a bit too flagrant...they need to make another futuristic hi-tech game and let the fantasy fairy stuff take a nap.

jspek
12-19-2007, 04:01 AM

BUT HE KILLED AERIS!!!!

obviously you didnt get sucked into the game like most of the ppl i know lol.

where'smyturbo?
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
i am an 8 fan. definitely.

Buster
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Oh no you didint!

9 sucked balls, worst FF ending ever. Ever since FFVIII the games got ****ty. And being Clouds #1 Fan I can tell you unless he is like that girls father or something thats not him. Waaaaay to blond and Cloud NEVER smiles. Hes way to badass for that. Again though, this game will blow munky nuts as did X XI and so on.

Turn based RPGs are going no where anymore and all we have left is the very few great games that we still remember.

And if anyone has been here long enough. TST TURKS FOREVER!

IntegrasAreBest
12-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Ah nothing will ever beat 7. The universe in 8 was damn cool though.

The art direction for this game is a bit too flagrant...they need to make another futuristic hi-tech game and let the fantasy fairy stuff take a nap.

I feel ya. 7 and 9 were my favorite ones.

igo4bmx
12-25-2007, 04:00 PM
this thread reminded me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwLrgxtALWs

Buster
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
this thread reminded me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwLrgxtALWs

Thank god you are back! haha I love that vid.

Even though I'm on an all nintendo/LOZ kick right now, FFVII will always be one of my all time fav games. All the other ones can suck my balls after a hard day at the gym.