PDA

View Full Version : 0 boost... =/

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 03:25 PM
thats right 0 boost. This is oddish, my car ran fine friday all day and night then saturday morning went to wawa and the car hit a big fat 0 on the guage. Me and karl checked all the lines etc, I checked the waste gate arm and the C clip and everything is attached. Can my turbo have sh9t the bed at 36k miles? I have nothing on the car at the moment.. =o I have not beat my car that bad at all, no track nada. Any one else have this happen to them on the wrex?

Silverfc88
08-14-2005, 04:21 PM
What are you using to monitor boost and where are you getting the signal from?

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
boost gauge says 0 and car says I dont want to move, leave me alone.. took me about a minute 1/2 to get to about 40mph.

TROLL
08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
i assume that your car isnt pulling at all either?
we need to make sure that the actual manifold pressure is wrong, not just the gauge reading it. does the car feel slow as a dog?
is it possible that an IC hose blew off or cracked? or one of the vaccuum hoses has a leak? or your BOV? if you are holding 0 boost then its gotta be a pretty big leak.
does the car idle alright? accellerate smoothly?
bryan

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 04:54 PM
nope, car does not pull what so ever... slow as all hell. Stocker BOV... I didnt hear any leaks when I drove it around after trying some things out runs smooth the idle is just dandy like day one, nothing out of the ordinary just 0 boost no spool .. I mean if it was a that big of a leak I would have to of heard it. I also do not hear the turbo spool at all, no normal noise of intake air nothing... I ran a logger on it and I saw the psi/bar go from vaccume to just about 0 and no more. I have a fealing the turbo has laid down to rest

TROLL
08-14-2005, 04:56 PM
hmm... under warranty still? if the turbine wasnt spinning at all i dont think your car would be idling properly because it wouldnt be letting air pass through... i'm not sure on this one... maybe the wastegate actuator is stuck open so its just letting all the pressure escape immediately?
bryan

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 05:02 PM
yah my bumper to bumper is gone but I still have the 60k/5 year left which only covers the engine stuff. If the w/g was stuck open wouldnt I still see about 7 PSI? This darn manual reads on a 1st grade level, doesnt really have anything important about the turbo.. just how to remove it. BUT it says for poor accel it could be a number of sensors. Dosent have a fault tree for no boost. Im glad im on vacation

347gtvert
08-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Hows your FUEL PRESSURE???

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 05:23 PM
thats somthing I havnt checked. =/. There is somthing I noticed on the log though. Monday when I ran a log I grabbed the manifold pressure at idle being -8.56, yesterday while logging with the problem the manifold pressure was sitting at -0.61. Signs of a leak possibly?

xEJ20x
08-14-2005, 05:40 PM
And I thought that hittin only 7 psi after pullin a MBC out was annoying.
I can only imagine how frustrating no boost is.

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 05:48 PM
drive a geo metro with 2 flat tires... =)

xEJ20x
08-14-2005, 06:24 PM
drive a geo metro with 2 flat tires... =)
Thats not annoying. Thats a crime.

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 07:05 PM
all in all its going to go to subaru... ill post up the fix for future problems of course

TehWagon
08-14-2005, 10:44 PM
good luck, man- that is teh suck.

JoeScooby
08-14-2005, 11:29 PM
man, going to subaru/service is like going to the frikin dentist...

TROLL
08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
if the wastegate was working properly you'd see 7 pounds of boost, because it would hold pressure up until then before opening and releasing pressure above that. if your wastegate is stuck open then it will never build any boost at all. it could be a lot of different things and i really dont know so i'd just suggest that you call subaru tomorrow morning and see how soon you can bring it in since you havent modded anything...
bryan

JoeScooby
08-15-2005, 12:24 AM
havnt and ... well n/m

yah calling today

JoeScooby
08-15-2005, 11:09 AM
well just as odd as it happened, it went away. On the way to the dealership it worked again after a small yet noticleble clunk. Then smoke came out my hood scoop.. LOL waiting on the call from subarushi

AWSOME#$@

S4toSTI
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
thats so odd ur wg had to have been held open that is the only think that could have auto corrected like that

347gtvert
08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
well just as odd as it happened, it went away. On the way to the dealership it worked again after a small yet noticleble clunk. Then smoke came out my hood scoop.. LOL waiting on the call from subarushi

AWSOME#$@

http://www.delvalracing.net/Forums/html/emoticons/yikes.gif

thats not good

JoeScooby
08-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Karl, you were right... that smoke comming out of the scoop wasnt what we thought it was =/