PDA

View Full Version : PSP hacking

2slowMX5
12-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Does anyone local have a Pandora battery for the psp? It's needed for the new "slim & light" psp to downgrade the firmware so you can put 3rd party f/w on it and install all sorts of apps, emulators... you name it.

I only need to use it once, I will take care of you for your services!

scutzi128
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Whats a pandora battery?

TGilb2007
12-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Whats a pandora battery?

3rd party battery for the PSP

To the OP: Are you trying to get the Sony maintence backdoor for the system? Like, in case the unit gets bricked?

2slowMX5
12-08-2007, 04:35 PM
No I would like to install 3rd part firmware on it. Getting the unit bricked it the last thing I want to to :D

TGilb2007
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
No I would like to install 3rd part firmware on it. Getting the unit bricked it the last thing I want to to :D

lol.... Look for Sonys backdoor maintence firmware..... thats what will basically give you access to EVERYTHING..... even unbricking if need be :cool:

2slowMX5
12-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Will do. I'm >this< close to ordering my psp from japan (they have different colors btw).

2slowMX5
12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Ended up just buying one from Gamestop. Got the PSP core, I wanted a blue psp, but I'll just buy a new housing down the line, the japanese psp plus shipping was too expensive. Going to borrow my friends psp phat (original) to make the new battery and install 3rd party firmware. I already have a 4gb pro duo just waiting to put a ton of games on.

I can't get this ****er to work on my tv though. I'm using the component output cable, connected to a lcd hdtv. I have the unit set on progressive scan, but the tv just shows an "invalid format" message?!?! any ideas? I got this psp and sold my mac mini to specifically to play on the tv, and now it doesn't work! Sh!t

96Stang
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I know this is a way newb question...but how do you actually access the internet on this thing constantly...I dont have wifi in my house or anything and no idea how that stuff actually works...anyone have something to help me out?

TGilb2007
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
I know this is a way newb question...but how do you actually access the internet on this thing constantly...I dont have wifi in my house or anything and no idea how that stuff actually works...anyone have something to help me out?

PSP needs a wifi connection to run. Its not like a cell phone, where it can ru off of a 3G network, or something similar.

There are plans to for external modems, and internet access on it full time at a monthly cost. Also, the PSP in Japan has a GPS feature as well, which is pretty sweet.

96Stang
01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
PSP needs a wifi connection to run. Its not like a cell phone, where it can ru off of a 3G network, or something similar.

There are plans to for external modems, and internet access on it full time at a monthly cost. Also, the PSP in Japan has a GPS feature as well, which is pretty sweet.

ok so pretty much i cant do anything about that right now...no biggy since i dont care too much...my phone works well enough, i just would love to get tst on my psp

TGilb2007
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
ok so pretty much i cant do anything about that right now...no biggy since i dont care too much...my phone works well enough, i just would love to get tst on my psp

TST on your PSP.... now THAT is an addiction :supz:

lagos
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM

It connects to the net over wifi. You can try looking to see if there are any open wifi spots in your area that you can connect to.

96Stang
01-22-2008, 12:55 AM
TST on your PSP.... now THAT is an addiction :supz:

a sick addiction it is...my phone gets me myspace and facebook and all that on a tiny little screen...but no tst...and i get bummmed out not havin it haha

2slowMX5
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM
The browser is nothing to write home about. Its ok, actually I thought it was pretty good, till I used the iphone. That puts it to shame.

Yukkerz
02-27-2008, 01:40 AM
I love my custom firmware psp. Any questions about it let me know i already did about 4 and have a pandora battery and mem. card. Also some LEGAL games ;) ;)