PDA

View Full Version : AEM Tru Boost EBC

redline
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
This boost controller/gauge is nothing short of amazing. Install was very easy! It took me a couple pulls to set it and was simple once you figure out the duty cycles to correspond with boost output. I have it set at 23psi and taper only 1psi toward redline:banana:

Settings: (Boost Setting) Duty A: 65, Wastegate Crack: 11.5psi, Overboost Alarm 24psi.

RayArroyo
11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
by far the best ebc i have ever tuned

Oreo931
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Thats good news...I just bought a new one for $250 shipped. I'm excited for it to get here!

redline
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Thats good news...I just bought a new one for $250 shipped. I'm excited for it to get here!

If you have any questions just PM me.

Oreo931
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it!

redline
11-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know what the Tru-boost uses to sense boost, someone asked me if it has an internal MAP sensor?

RayArroyo
11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
yes it does and you can upgrade the map sensor for more boost :wink:

redline
11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Ray, when you tune wuth the AEM do you set the Wastegate Crack to the actual spring settingof the wastegate or below it? I am getting good results battling out the taper of the IX with the actual spring setting, I just wanted to see how they respond on other cars?

Oreo931
11-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Ok, I just installed mine today and I have a couple questions. I was setting it up and didnt see any high boost or low boost settings...I thought there was a way I could set it up to boost 17psi high. Right now I have the wastegate spring set at 6.10 (not sure of what it should be) and I have the duty cycle set at 90%. This seems to allow me to be able to hit and hold 17psi. Do you have any tips as far as settings go? Is there anything I am missing?

edit: I feel like the duty cycle should be a lot less than what it is. I am seeing people setting theirs between 45%-65% and seeing 17+ psi. Is it because my WG spring setting is too low? I am worried about boost coming on too strong @ low gears and bending rods :(.

redline
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok, I just installed mine today and I have a couple questions. I was setting it up and didnt see any high boost or low boost settings...I thought there was a way I could set it up to boost 17psi high. Right now I have the wastegate spring set at 6.10 (not sure of what it should be) and I have the duty cycle set at 90%. This seems to allow me to be able to hit and hold 17psi. Do you have any tips as far as settings go? Is there anything I am missing?

edit: I feel like the duty cycle should be a lot less than what it is. I am seeing people setting theirs between 45%-65% and seeing 17+ psi. Is it because my WG spring setting is too low? I am worried about boost coming on too strong @ low gears and bending rods :(.

Set your tru-boost with 3rd gear pulls to start. Enter the Wastegate spring setting first and work the duty up a little at a time untill you hold the psi you want. Remember your spike is going to be a couple psi more and it will reflect your spike if you hold down the right button for 2 seconds and release, if you want to clear the peak you hold it for 5 seconds and do another pull, be sure to clear and check every pull you make while setting the duty. Set your overboost alarm for 1 psi above your desired psi. This will ensure that it will shutdown if the percentage exceeds the allowable (10-20%) over your alarm setting, I.E. mine is set for 24psi so at 26.4psi my solenoid will deenergize and the wastegate will take control. You won't have to worry about creep if you have the overboost set correctly, you can test it out by uping the duty cycle and testing if the spike shuts it down. I hope this helps you.

RayArroyo
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Ray, when you tune wuth the AEM do you set the Wastegate Crack to the actual spring settingof the wastegate or below it? I am getting good results battling out the taper of the IX with the actual spring setting, I just wanted to see how they respond on other cars?i keep it within 0 - 4% of the actual setting of the wastegate depending on the car

Oreo931
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm kind of confused as far as the peak boost goes. Is that what the EBC remembers and tries to hit? When you said to tune the Tru Boost and then make sure to clear the peak boost after each run until I am happy, are you saying that the stored peak boost is what the Tru Boost tries to reach?

redline
11-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm kind of confused as far as the peak boost goes. Is that what the EBC remembers and tries to hit? When you said to tune the Tru Boost and then make sure to clear the peak boost after each run until I am happy, are you saying that the stored peak boost is what the Tru Boost tries to reach?

No sir, the peak boost button is just an indication of how high of a spike you had, like today at Atco I spiked to 25.9 which is due to the cold air and is really no concern to me because it happened for a split second.

Your target boost is what the tru boost tries to hold and that is set with duty cycles A and B, Most people use A as a warm weather setting and B as their cold setting as it will change with tempature.

Any more questions just post them up and we'll help you out!

redline
11-20-2007, 09:21 PM

How did it work out for you? I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any fancy overpriced light show. I recommend this controller to anyone that is looking to upgrade, for the price this gauge/controller is the best out there.

Oreo931
11-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Still working out a few kinks, but overall I am very happy with it. Its SO easy to use, especially over something complicated like the AVC-R. I would recommend this to anyone as well. Great price, great look, great product.