PDA

View Full Version : TST Needs a Web Designer... please read

TROLL
08-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey all,
You wouldnt believe the horrible luck I've had with trying to get the site redesigned (or I should probably say designed for the first time). After a lot of effort, stress, and a ridiculous amount of time, I have gotten absolutely nowhere. So here is my public call to arms...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need a web designer. I have very high expectations, so I am really looking for someone who does this professionally, or is confident that they could do it professionally if they wanted. I need to find someone who has some free time to work on it when they can, because I do not have enough of a budget to pay someone a normal full price for a site.
The basic idea of what i'm looking for is:
Convert the forum from phpBB to VBulletin. I would need to move all content over.
Create a home page with important links, some news, some photos, etc. Create a member gallery of some sort... either a normal simple one or a premium one for 'premium members' depending on logistics there. Create an interactive calendar so we can easily display many events coming up and have links to detailed info about each one. Create a Tech/News section with articles and accompanying photographs. I would like to have the ability to advertise through banners on each page, and would like the style of the site to be simple but very professional looking. For examples, check www.sqc-ny.com , www.evo-ny.com , or www.gnvmotorsports.com for basic ideas of the level of design I am looking for.
So, if you or anyone else you know would be willing to do the forum a huge favor and put some time into this I will be forever grateful. I can pay you... but it will probably not be nearly as much as you would make from a full scale business on a regular job. And to reiterate one more time, I do have very high expectations because If i'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right, and only once.

Thanks!!! Hope this works cause nothing else has been...

Bryan

thewake
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Can you run ASP on the host's site? If so look into Soop at http://www.soopportal.org

This is the new look for site I maintain at work

http://techweb.momsys.com/soop

BlackBulletTSi
08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Bryan I thought I told ya before I'd do whatever ya needed to. Tell ya what I'll throw together a mockup site real quick I'm workin the next 3 days so I might not be done till friday but I'll do what I can. I'll incorparate everything. I'll also look into the transfering over to VBulletin. I'll let ya know if I have any questions.

nickmahhh
08-10-2005, 10:50 AM
My cousins wife is a really good webdesigner. Check out www.trimburdesign.com

SexyDSM95
08-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I also have a good grasp of web design, especially with Flash MX and gaming servers. Check out MySpace page and also:
www.inthemafia.com
www.ottobohn.com

That's a company I partially own (GameSharkEntertainment) and the co-owner (Sean Burke) can vouche for my work. With ottobohn is another freelance server that I helped with to which you can also reference to my friend Harv Bohn.

BobErT-
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
www.GameBattles.com , the guy Chip that made that site, he yousta work fo clear channel, which they make all the software for radio stations, studio's.. etc etc... I may try and be able to get him to do something? Ill let ya know.

-Bob

TROLL
08-17-2005, 08:18 PM
we're all set for now, thanks :)
bryan