PDA

View Full Version : anyone able to quote a price on this??

96Stang
11-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I am interested in buying a 2001 Audi A4 with the 1.8t, but the motor is out of the car and needs some work and then to be reinstalled. The guy said that all that it needs is for the head to be rebuilt or buy a new one, because one of the valves is bent...also a new timing belt and to reassemble the bottom end along with reinstalling the motor. Does anyone have an idea on what that would cost me if I were to get that done...I can get this car for cheap and hoping I could get the work done at a good cost to justify buying it. Thanks in advance and feel free to pm with any questions or anything.
Eric

05OCsrt-4
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
honestly to get the head fixed and everything, going to run you about $1,000-$2,500, depending on how many valves are mussed up. don't trust the owner about the bent valves, get the head tested at a machine shop first.

96Stang
11-07-2007, 05:11 PM
honestly to get the head fixed and everything, going to run you about $1,000-$2,500, depending on how many valves are mussed up. don't trust the owner about the bent valves, get the head tested at a machine shop first.

I would love for it to cost only 1000...I don't know how I would get it to a machine shop to have it tested being that I don't own it...and my decision process on this is to buy if its not going to be too much to get it fixed and reinstalled...but the price you gave, you considered in everything I wrote, correct?? just checking...would love to get this car and if its only gonna be around a grand to fix and get the motor reinstalled, I will have to hop on this quick. Thanks alot and any more info and any shop that can give me a pretty solid price on that would be greatly appreciated.
Eric

RacerX3kGT
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
dont count on 1000 uless you are doing the work yourself or having someone u know do it for basically free. he was closer with his 2500 guess probably. you would be best off buyin it, get a junkyard motor for like 500-700 and gettin it installed.

TROLL
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
is the car free? if not then find something else... you'll be getting in deep on this one.

96Stang
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
ugh alright...guess its a no go...i dont know much about audis and thought it was a good deal...o well

TROLL
11-08-2007, 12:40 AM
i'm just saying that to avoid the headache. the labor would be very involved and at the end of the day you wouldnt have a factory built block any more, just lots of potential for issues.
a very nice lightly modded A4 sold on here just a week or two ago for like $5k or maybe less... i'd just keep your eyes peeled for one if thats what you want to get.

96Stang
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
i'm just saying that to avoid the headache. the labor would be very involved and at the end of the day you wouldnt have a factory built block any more, just lots of potential for issues.
a very nice lightly modded A4 sold on here just a week or two ago for like $5k or maybe less... i'd just keep your eyes peeled for one if thats what you want to get.

my eyes have been open...not necessarily what i wanted to get but its one of my options of course...i have a little list of cars that i would buy when my car is gone so i kind of have to wait on that...thanks for the info...its was a 2001 with 90k on it and figured with the other stuff on the car, it would be worth it in the end to get the motor fixed and put back in..o wells...back to the drawing board