PDA

View Full Version : American Gangster

Jeffros Spec V
11-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Anybody see it yet?

I just got home. Not sure what to think yet. It was long 2:40

97TurboDSM
11-03-2007, 02:31 AM
saw it twice. im not sure what my thoughts are on it yet. it was definitely better the second time around though. a bit long for my taste but i really think it had to be that long to get the entire story in. reminded me of Blow, a lot. not sure if i'll watch it again..there were, however, about 3 movie previews they showed that look like they will be AWESOME.

Kevin
11-03-2007, 02:46 AM
I just got back from watching it too. I thought it was amazing. Denzel is a great actor. I mean, true story movies can't get any better then that.

Where did you go to see it?

97TurboDSM
11-03-2007, 02:58 AM
i came home to watch it at the Regal in lancaster with a buddy of mine...i will agree that Denzel was absolutely fantastic in this movie. he was the perfect guy for the role.

jdm free
11-03-2007, 03:09 AM
i saw it almost 2 weeks ago when it leaked onto the internet. i thought it was a awesome movie, not enough violence in it but definitely a good storyline cuz it was true. if anybody hasnt seen it yet i would go n see it

drew
11-03-2007, 10:43 AM
^ ditto

great movie

Jeffros Spec V
11-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I saw it at AMC 24 in Bensalem last night. The theater was a riot. I've never been to a movie like this. People were yelling and making noises and doing dumb ****.

I want to see that Ed Norton movie they had a preview for.

Kevin
11-03-2007, 11:30 AM

Yea I know that ish looks good.

ITSTOCK
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
good, solid movie.

I liked Training Day better though, and I was expecting this to be as good or better than it, which American Gangster was not. A little bit more action and it would have been as good as Training Day. I still liked it but don't think I would rec. anyone to see it at the movies, wait till it's out on DVD.

Tiny
11-03-2007, 01:26 PM
good, solid movie.

I liked Training Day better though, and I was expecting this to be as good or better than it, which American Gangster was not. A little bit more action and it would have been as good as Training Day. I still liked it but don't think I would rec. anyone to see it at the movies, wait till it's out on DVD.

I was actually going to go see it because the VP of security and trademark protection for my company was interviewed for the documentary that came out because of the movie. He was with the DEA at the time and one of the things he said was the real guy "never dressed like that". Guess seeing some criminal bum wouldn't be as cool as Denzel in a suit.

jdm free
11-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I was actually going to go see it because the VP of security and trademark protection for my company was interviewed for the documentary that came out because of the movie. He was with the DEA at the time and one of the things he said was the real guy "never dressed like that". Guess seeing some criminal bum wouldn't be as cool as Denzel in a suit.

well in the movie denzel or frank was always sayin not to dresh flashy so i could see that the real frank lucas didnt dress anythin like that

CobaltGrl
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I thought it was really good.

Would watch again.

Cutlass372
11-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Idk, it was so so I thought. It seemed like it jumped around alot or something, and the ending wasn't the best... Probably won't watch it again, atleast till its on tv.

Chair-Force
11-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Meh, too long and they didn't really develop either side of the story. Not to mention, alot of the movie was made up.
Watch Gangland on History channel or MSNBC (forget which), it has a documentary on the real events.

italianblaze
11-04-2007, 01:09 AM
saw the screener to i thought it was pretty bad ass especially that the cop couldnt get the stuff from the plane lol had you on the edge of your seat all in all great movie

AUTORACENBBOY
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I loved it, I thought it was the movie "Blow" but on the east coast and maybe a bit earlier?
and getting the drugs from another location, and a bit more gangster lol

cmr076
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
longest movie ever! was one of the italians in the beginnings last name rossi? or what i hearing things/

TGilb2007
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I loved it, I thought it was the movie "Blow" but on the east coast and maybe a bit earlier?
and getting the drugs from another location, and a bit more gangster lol

The movies (and real life scenarios) are somewhat similar, and both were amazing movies, but I think this one was a lot more violent when it comes to how they ran their respective businesses.

My thoughts about this movie: Brilliant. Denzel acted the role quite well, and alll around it was just a well thought, perfectly excuted movie. If anyone reading this hasnt seen it, I highly recommened that you do.

Kerplunk105
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I saw it at AMC 24 in Bensalem last night. The theater was a riot. I've never been to a movie like this. People were yelling and making noises and doing dumb ****.

Heh. I saw it last night at AMC as well. My theatre was well behaved though (thankfully).

I thought the movie was okay. I read a review thing about it before I went so I was prepared that it wasnt going to be one of those nonstop action movies (booo) that it was going to be more about his life story. I thought it was okay. The acting was wonderful.

AUTORACENBBOY
11-05-2007, 11:20 AM
New jack city somewhat comes to mind

italianblaze
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
anybody who cant afford to see this in the movies P/M me

Oje
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I loved it, thought it was a little longer than it needed to be but still really good. Reminded me a lot of Blow as well.

Ive been waiting what seems like FOREVER for this movie to come out because my cousin did casting work for it so i was hearing about it so long ago.

DropTopChevy
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Ill just say I enjoyed the movie somewhat. It was seriously way too long.

OMGz Turbo
11-14-2007, 10:06 PM
i liked it...all the detective **** was boring....see its always the females fault....word to the wise if your in the "business" dont get married or get a girl in general.

Renegade_
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
It makes me want to move heroin.

Other than that, A+ on my part.