PDA

View Full Version : Need info on the 2000 GT-S Celicas...

tort9320g
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I have an opportunity to buy one for my wife as a daily driver. The car has 76 k original miles and comes with a clean carfax. It's a one owner car that's driven by a middle aged man. It's a 6-spd. with most available options. I can purchase the car for $8k. Wondering if anyone knows these cars well enough to list the pros/cons for me.

Thanks...Dave

amit
11-11-2007, 12:25 AM
As a toyota enthusiast I love these cars for their lightweight, great handling and the ability to rev prrrretty darn high. The "lift" bolt may need to be replaced. Not anything major, pretty much regular maintenance like replacing the timing belt. Even though this is considered a girly car, I feel like I'm just barely tall enough to comfortable drive this car (I'm about 6'2) so make sure she feels comfortable with it. If the car fits her properly, it should be just about the ultimate daily driving. Also, for medium-long trips (anything above 2 hours) the seats get awfully uncomfortable. Other than that stuff, the car is just really fun to drive and great on gas, I don't know what more she could ask for.

PaleDSM
11-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I can get you a pair of cryoed lift bolts tort. One of the Spyder guys sells them cheap. It is an easy job to replace them also.

martang
11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
That is a very good price for that. As mentioned before the seats do get uncomfortable and the lift bolts may need to be changed. But if you keep it stock it will get good gas mileage. When my car was stock sometimes I would get 34 mpg. It also handles amazingly and is super light weight. But there are practically no backseats.