PDA

View Full Version : I am absolutely obsessed with this song right now...

240sxDann
10-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Holy Diver cover by killswitch engage. Oh My God. I dont know why but I can't stop listening to it!!! Has anyone else heard it yet? The original was awesome but this tops it..

Ryza24
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
it is a great song.. i agree.. either covered or not.. KSE does a great job thou

doug
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Great cover indeed, As Daylight Dies special bonus edition ftmfw.

Dave
10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
ride the tiger?

JET02WRX
10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
HOLY DIEVAAAAA.... Awesome old school power metal tune by that little troll of a man Ronnie James Dio.... I must say..I despise Killswitch, but they did that song a pretty good justice with their cover.

doug
10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
HOLY DIEVAAAAA.... Awesome old school power metal tune by that little troll of a man Ronnie James Dio.... I must say..I despise Killswitch, but they did that song a pretty good justice with their cover.

Why do you despise killswitch......?

OptiCon
10-31-2007, 02:14 PM
"You cannot kill the metal" -Jack Black

... But please kill killswitch. I hate these screaming phagz.

JET02WRX
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Why do you despise killswitch......?

Well...without going off topic and turning it into a 'why do you /don't you like killswitch thread... I just find them personally to be a watered down/comercialized version of the "gothenberg" sound.... ie the swedish metal genre... Soilwork, Inflames, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, etc..etc... Soilwork especially. Just my opinion though. :)

xEJ20x
10-31-2007, 03:20 PM
ride the tiger?

You can see hit spots but you know hes clean :banana:

Ryza24
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
i think KSE sounds a hell of a lot different than those Sweeds.. i would say they sound more Modern Rockish Metal than to say they are a watered down version of Sweeds

Renegade_
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Not a fan of KSE at all. Never really listened to em and they never put out material which really interested me.

Give me Refused over them any day of the week.

doug
10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Well...without going off topic and turning it into a 'why do you /don't you like killswitch thread... I just find them personally to be a watered down/comercialized version of the "gothenberg" sound.... ie the swedish metal genre... Soilwork, Inflames, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, etc..etc... Soilwork especially. Just my opinion though. :)

I understand what you are saying. You think this because of the singing/screaming mix. But, they are not a watered down version, sure they don't have facemelting solos and such.. but they are a different genre. gothenberg euro metal and metalcore are not the same thing. KSE is an acquired style to listen to. If you are into the intense shredding and such, listen to All That Remains.

Gorilla Unit 33
10-31-2007, 06:49 PM
KSE rocks 24/7 @ synergy, my work. Along with Type O -

JET02WRX
10-31-2007, 07:48 PM
i think KSE sounds a hell of a lot different than those Sweeds.. i would say they sound more Modern Rockish Metal than to say they are a watered down version of Sweeds

I'll agree to disagree with ya there...

I understand what you are saying. You think this because of the singing/screaming mix. But, they are not a watered down version, sure they don't have facemelting solos and such.. but they are a different genre. gothenberg euro metal and metalcore are not the same thing. KSE is an acquired style to listen to. If you are into the intense shredding and such, listen to All That Remains.

Ok, maybe despise is a harsh choice of words.... But, no, its not the singing screaming mix.... Many genres in metal do that, however it was taken from Swedish metal. The first band that I remember doing that was a band called Amorphis circa 1994. Then other swedish bands took that style from them...and then it crossed over to the american bands. With KSE...its the actual riffing i'm referring to... I hear many similarities in KSE's style that just feel borrowed a little to much to me, from the gothenberg sound. But like I said... i'm not saying they suck or anything... I just got into all the gothenberg bands first..then after hearing KSE, it just sounded very...been there..done that.

doug
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll agree to disagree with ya there...

Ok, maybe despise is a harsh choice of words.... But, no, its not the singing screaming mix.... Many genres in metal do that, however it was taken from Swedish metal. The first band that I remember doing that was a band called Amorphis circa 1994. Then other swedish bands took that style from them...and then it crossed over to the american bands. With KSE...its the actual riffing i'm referring to... I hear many similarities in KSE's style that just feel borrowed a little to much to me, from the gothenberg sound. But like I said... i'm not saying they suck or anything... I just got into all the gothenberg bands first..then after hearing KSE, it just sounded very...been there..done that.

I've been into in flames, soilwork, opeth etc etc way before KSE came out, but alive or just breathing.. KSE's first cd with their first original singer was definitely revolutionary.

JET02WRX
10-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I've been into in flames, soilwork, opeth etc etc way before KSE came out, but alive or just breathing.. KSE's first cd with their first original singer was definitely revolutionary.

I'll have to check that out because I will honestly say I haven't had the opportunity to hear their first cd...only everything with the newer singer. I like their ex singers new band Seemless. Good straight ahead hard rock...

doug
10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Seemless is great, he is an amazing singer. I love the new singer, but the old guy Jesse is incredible. Yeah, check out alive or just breathing absolute amazing album.