PDA

View Full Version : just bought a boost controller

rippinsti
10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
hey guys just bought a boost controller for my 2005 sti. its got a cobb stage 2 and a protune on top of that. I was wondering if i can go ahead and put the boost controller on it or does it need to be reflashed or tuned. Will the computer take to it or not? Thanks guys

TROLL
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
what was your reasoning for getting the mbc instead of just getting your accessport tuned for it? honestly i wouldnt just slap it on since your tune is already designed for the boost levels the tuner set. i would go back to the tuner with the mbc and have him tweak your tune, or go back to your tuner without the mbc and see if its safe for him to modify your boost levels, or just be happy with the tune that you got and focus on improving your driving :)

rippinsti
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
well see the thing is is the tune thats on it is what it was when i bought it. But i am still running the stock 14 punods of boost. I have the accesport in my garage, but i was just wondering. and my driving is fine...:)

TROLL
10-27-2007, 06:47 PM
well without logging the ecu its kind of a gamble. you can get a tactrix cable and log the car using enginuity if you want, then raise the boost slowly to see how it reacts and tweak things as needed, but thats on the verge of having a tuner come in and make changes anyway.
maybe consider getting another protune or even selling the ap and getting tuned with enginuity since the result is the same anyway.