PDA

View Full Version : turbo lag with out a turbo!!

driftingrx5.7
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM
ok i don't know what the hell happened but for some reason my car is dying down then boom i have full power. it was fine all morning then this A hole slammed on his brakes and then all of a sudden it started hickuping then i would have full power. i changed the spark plugs, cables, cap and rotor, and the valve cover because it was leaking. i am wondering now if it is a fuel issue. could it be my fuel pump is dying on me. or if my fuel filter is clogged or if i got something in the tank. something i don't understand it! i just hope i make it home !!!

driftingrx5.7
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
o yeah its a 92 civic hatch back with a 96 b18b motor

CHR!S
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM
does it sound like its misfiring? i know with my old si i washed the engine bay once and water got on the spark plug. took them out, dried it out w/ a rag, then it ran fine again

Spatula
10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
o yeah its a 92 civic hatch back with a 96 b18b motor

Did you just recently swap the b18 in?

pearl
10-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Sounds like too much fuel down low, and then it finally leans out up top.
What ECU are you running?
Check your plugs/wires, crap like that.

driftingrx5.7
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
i have had the swap for almost a year now. it was tuned and its my daily driver. i think i had some water in my gas tank i pumped it out and put new gas and now it is running fine! i have no idea how but it started pretty much after i got gas the other day! i will see what happens tomorrow

Danronian
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I would look at the suggested things above, and then would suspect a bad fuel pump, but it doesnt really sound like a clogged filter.

pearl
10-19-2007, 12:16 AM
this might be completely unreal but i had the same issue with my car. i went on vacation for a week and came back and my car ran like ass.

long story short it ended up being my ecu somehow got fried... i dont know how.
try another ecu, or use your ecu in another car to rule it out.

since you got tuned, sometimes chipped ecu's take a crap on you.

worth a shot anyway.

driftingrx5.7
10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
it ended up being bad gas! i pumped my tank out and put some fresh gas in it and it runs great now. i did that because i changed my spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy (barrowed one from a friend), o2 sensor, fuel filter, and checked the fuel pump, and it still did the same thing. i changed out the gas and two days now and its running smooth! not a problem yet! lets see what happens when i go to work tomorrow!

dragonfly2k3
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
mine is teh ecu. It will have power then have none then all of a sudden have full power again, it like jerks. If i reset the ecu its fine for a while, then it will do it again.